horizontal wind turbine on building in the Pas-de-Calais

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
The Passing

horizontal wind turbine on building in the Pas-de-Calais

by The Passing » 14/01/06, 18:40

LILLE (AFP) - A horizontal wind, the first in France, was installed Thursday on the roof of a public housing building of Equihen-Plage (Pas-de-Calais) did was learned Friday from the office studies who worked on the project.
"The installation of a horizontal wind turbine is a first in France, as is the installation of a wind turbine in urban areas," Antonin Coliche, a research engineer at H2 Développement, told AFP.

"It has a power of 9.000 kW / h and should produce the equivalent of the consumption required for the common parts of the two buildings (20 dwellings each, ed) below," he added.

The wind turbine, reminiscent of a lying whip lying on the side, was erected in the Grand Air residence by the Dutch company Windwall, the originator of the innovation, and should be connected to the EDF network "in the current Of the month, "according to Mr. Coliche.

The project cost a total of 70.000 euros. It was financed half by Pas-de-Calais Habitat, which manages the HLM building on which the wind turbine is installed, and half by the Energy Development and Control Agency (Ademe) and the council. Regional Council, said Mr. Coliche. [/ quote]
0 x
grouchy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by grouchy » 14/01/06, 20:54

I had followed the first experiments of the Windwall in the Netherlands. I was waiting for the marketing ... and it's in France more. Good. It's better than a bare roof in any case.
Fix on the article the power is probably not of 9000 kWh. The power expressed in W or kW if you want.
9000 kW it does not stand up ... 9 MW for a small biniou on the roof : Shock:
I think that this is an estimate of the annual production, that seems to me to be more likely. :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/01/06, 14:33

Exactly ... in any case I have been disappointed to see great news agency make such errors ... which are SERIOUS.

Because it is exactly like confusing, for a car, the speed (instantaneous power) and the distance traveled (total energy) over a year ... Thing inconceivable in major media obviously ...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 22/01/06, 15:22

Sunday 22 January 2006, At 13h of TF1
Short story, on the top of the building to present the wind turbine from the top image; It was slowing down ...
The comment is the same: "It should produce the equivalent of the consumption required for the common parts of the two 20 buildings each located below"
Gegyx
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/06, 15:35

In short it's not heavy production level electricity .... well it's already ca ...
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 22/01/06, 21:54

Yes there must be an error, they must have meant 9000 W / h, or 9kW / h, it seems more plausible ....

On the other hand, they are not very big, I do not see why they did not put vertical ??? !!!
Because suddenly, the direction of the wind has an importance in this direction !! And I am sure that it breaks the yield at the equivalent wind speed, since the blades near the ground receive less wind.

Bizarre ...
0 x
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by krissg29 » 23/01/06, 22:48

I do not think the picture shows the final editing
The advantage of the Darrieus wind turbine (since it is one) is not to be directional provided its axis is vertical.

When the announced power, if we "find" 9 MW on the roof of a building, nuclear lobbies will not be happy :D
0 x
It should not be confused and ingenious engineer
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 23/01/06, 23:14

If you go on: http://videos.tf1.fr/video/news/lesjt/
You will see the final location of the wind turbine, which corresponds to the photo.
Tape: 22 January 2006 / checkmark: 13h / show the video / validate the reader: click on the heading: The first horizontal wind turbine from France to Equihen, in the Pas-de-Calais
0 x
grouchy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by grouchy » 24/01/06, 10:56

nlc wrote:On the other hand, they are not very big, I do not see why they did not put vertical ??? !!!
Because suddenly, the direction of the wind has an importance in this direction !! And I am sure that it breaks the yield at the equivalent wind speed, since the blades near the ground receive less wind.

Bizarre ...

all of Windwall's research work focuses on the advantage of the roof edge position. There are positive effects of local acceleration of the flow.
For the direction of the winds, there is indeed some loss but relativized by the fact that the blades are curved and thus offer an effective profile even by wind side ... it then works a bit like a "normal" wind turbine.
For the blades near the ground it does not matter because it is not in this area that the machine exploits most of the lift (it is not a differential wind turbine), it would be even an advantage sometimes ... and I'm not sure that at 1,50 minimum height there is a real difference from the top.
The vertical position has an advantage as to the regularity of the exposed surface but has many disadvantages in terms of stability, mechanical constraints and installation and visual nuisance or even sound because it is the noise (+ wear) which is the main problem of the Darrieus which turns even faster than the propellers.
The chosen position gives more longevity and less nuisance, we are there in urban areas remember the.
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 24/01/06, 12:58

In the series of eolienes, it is new and it is beautiful. I found this page describing a modulable that seems very tres
Very promising.

http://ocean2energy.free.fr/blog/index. ... wer-device

http://www.windpoweronline.com/marketar ... images.htm

0 x