Geothermal energy in the Lille region

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
ADUlille
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Geothermal energy in the Lille region

by ADUlille » 29/07/14, 15:10

Hello,

Have some of you experienced geothermal energy in Lille and its region?

At the Lille development and town planning agency, we would like to have feedback to assess the potential of this energy, study its drawbacks and advantages and thus know whether it is an energy to be developed or not on rounding ...

Have a good day !
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 29/07/14, 16:55

what type of geothermal energy? Air / brine heat pumps with a network of buried pipes?
0 x
ADUlille
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ADUlille » 29/07/14, 17:10

All types of geothermal energy assisted by heat pumps ...
Ie
- underground pipe network = vertical probes, geothermal baskets or horizontal sensors = soil / water heat pump generally (or soil / soil, sometimes called gas / gas)
- geothermal energy on water table = water / water heat pump

I do not believe that there are air / glycol water PACs ... :?:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 29/07/14, 19:28

oh so :P

http://www.dimplex.de/fr/pac/eau-glycolee-eau.html

you do an internship right? :P
0 x
ADUlille
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ADUlille » 30/07/14, 12:03

Yes quite ! :) Have we already had the opportunity to discuss?

Thank you for this link, actually I thought that the brine / water heat pumps were the soil / water heat pumps but the soil / water heat pumps are heat pumps that use refrigerant sensors! Thank you for allowing me to do this! : Idea:
On the other hand it does not evoke the air / glycol water PACs .... but I was not too interested in aerothermal energy.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 30/07/14, 14:05

you know, the glycol is right there to keep the coolant from freezing.

We can consider everything in heat pump, air / air, air / water, water / air and water / water, and when I say "water", it is more an antifreeze liquid than anything else.

So ... in terms of cost, air / air is the most economical to buy, but the COP (coefficient of performance) is a little lower in use

For air / water, buried horizontal pipes are less expensive than drilling, especially if you lay them during the construction of a house (just push the embankment extracted from the foundations over it, you need at least 1m buried height.

There is also water / water for those with heated floors.

The advantage of a heat pump compared to a radiator is that for 100 W electric consumed, you get between 200 and 500 W of thermal power, whereas with a Joule effect radiator, it's 100W for 100W .

The COP is worth between 2 and 5 depending on the systems and the indoor / outdoor temperatures, this COP is the ratio between the thermal power obtained and the electric power used.

Heat pumps are fairly cost effective and practical when it is not too cold outside, especially air / air.

But PACs consume electricity. So you are dependent on the electric prices + not always ecological production method!

Here are some ideas.
0 x
ADUlille
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ADUlille » 31/07/14, 12:27

Thanks Remundo for your post! :)

The problem with air / ... heat pumps is that as you say "Heat pumps are quite profitable and practical when it is not too cold outside", we are still in the north in Lille, even in mid-season the effectiveness of the CAP is compromised ... : Lol:

We are therefore interested in geothermal energy to have an efficient heating mode also in cold periods.

There would be on this forum people from the Lille metropolis who have already experimented with PAC-assisted geothermal energy at home?
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 03/08/14, 11:38

The problem with air / ... heat pumps is that as you say "Heat pumps are quite profitable and practical when it is not too cold outside", we are still in the north in Lille, even in mid-season CAP efficiency is compromised ... Laughing

There is no more freezing day in the north no Calais than in Provence even a little less:
http://www.meteopassion.com/jours-avec-gel.php

I live in Provence I heated myself this winter with an air / air cap and I consumed a little less than 400 kwh of electricity: and a little wood for the days of frost.
All representing a much lower investment than a geothermal heat pump.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/08/14, 15:07

that's right Raymon,

The air / air heat pump is often a gentle heater, and the heat is given specifically by an additional chimney.

Lille is a chilly climate, but not freezing because the ocean / Channel regulates the temperature.
0 x