Pumping wind turbine in Brazil

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
weshwesh
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pumping wind turbine in Brazil

by weshwesh » 11/05/14, 22:10

Hello everybody

I live in the northeast of Brazil (220V - 60Hz) and my dream would be to be energetically independent. I started manufacturing a permanent magnet generator a few years ago, but I stopped along the way (winding the coils) for lack of viable and inexpensive solutions for network storage or injection. Without knowing which tension to aim for, impossible to know which windings to choose!
In the meantime I have realized that my main current consumers are my various submersible and centrifugal pumps. In fact, without city water available, 100% of my water comes from my well, sent to a tank and redistributed by gravity in the house. I then thought of a pumping wind turbine which would save me a good part of my electric consumption.

Here are my criteria:
1 / Easy to build, criterion number 1 since I have access to few raw materials and quite a few tools apart from conventional power tools.
2 / Reliable, for the same reasons.
3 / Elevation 12m, this is the distance between the bottom of my well and the top of the tank.
4 / I have wind all day (between 15 and 35 knots) so I don't need a very high flow rate, nor a demonic yield. The wind NEVER exceeds 50 knots, no storms, no cyclones, nothing. No need for feathering or any other braking system.

I first thought of a horizontal axis wind turbine, a crankshaft and a piston piston pump. But I see two problems there: the delicate manufacture of the wind part with several articulations, and the significant elevation height.

I then thought of a wooden submersible diaphragm pump (air chamber, tire, ...), driven by a wind turbine with a vertical axis. Simpler manufacture of the wind turbine itself, drive without transformation of movement, and I have some ideas for the pump part with the principle of the Valdès pump but simplified. I just have serious doubts about the reliability and efficiency of such a pump. It should be tested!

And finally a fairly simple solution would be the same vertical axis wind turbine driving a belt fitted with buckets. The bevel gear can be made using a deviated belt of round section. What bothers me in this case is the obligation to position my wind turbine higher than my tank when I do not need to seek the wind so high, and then it will complicate access for installation and maintenance. Especially since my well is far from my tank!

Well, what I'm looking for is people who would have any experience in this field, who could give me directions, ideas, or even guide me towards new solutions that I would not have thought of (other pump technology ?).
0 x