Renewable energy = 2x generation nuclear

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

Renewable energy = 2x generation nuclear

by Christophe » 27/03/14, 09:58

Who Said Renewable Energies Have No Potential Against Nuclear?

Even removing hydraulics, renewable energies produce 44% of nuclear power ...

However, the downside is that nuclear power only represents around 5% of the world's electricity production ...

Source, in English: http://www.renewablesinternational.net/ ... 537/77822/
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 27/03/14, 12:36

The challenge is therefore to replace fossil fuels, of which nuclear is one, with renewable energies.

It is a huge market and when you think of all the fools who say that nuclear power is the only solution to energies like coal or oil ...

It is still faster and cheaper to deploy renewable energy plants which also create wealth for a larger number of people.

In addition, renewable energy makes it possible to tighten the network of the territory and reduce online losses while increasing efficiency, for example by recovering thermal energy which will be sold as is (heating networks) in addition to the 'electric energy.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/03/14, 14:18

citro wrote:
deploy renewable energy plants which also create wealth for a larger number of people.

This is exactly what does not interest our leaders ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/03/14, 17:59

This is not a false macro ... obviously it is not the political leaders we are targeting here ... they are only their accomplices ...
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 27/03/14, 19:45

Macro wrote:
citro wrote:
deploy renewable energy plants which also create wealth for a larger number of people.

If consumers are ready to pay more for their electricity, as in Germany and Denmark, it is certain that there is no longer any problem. : Lol:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/03/14, 19:57

If consumers are ready to pay more for their electricity, as in Germany and Denmark, it is certain that there is no longer any problem. : Lol:

Moinsdewatt, you have identified the source of this "creation" of wealth!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/03/14, 21:05

lessdewatt quips as often ...
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 28/03/14, 07:34

Inevitably the renewable exceeds the nuclear for a simple reason it is cheaper in new equipment:
-EPR cost 109 euros Mwh
-wind buyback price 82 euros Mwh in France elsewhere is often less
- Continuous drop in the price of photovoltaic panels around 80 euros per mWh in France for a ground-based power plant when did I use it?

Investors have no interest in investing in expensive and insecure technology. Hoping that one of these infernal machines will blow us up before they are all stopped.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 28/03/14, 08:55

Christophe wrote:This is not a false macro ... obviously it is not the political leaders we are targeting here ... they are only their accomplices ...

For me the real leaders are the bosses of big industries.
Politicians being only puppets whose lobbies are pulling the strings.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 28/03/14, 11:52

moinsdewatt wrote:
Macro wrote:
citro wrote:deploy renewable energy plants which also create wealth for a larger number of people.
The problem is that French consumers will one day have to pay THE TRUE PRICE for dismantling used power plants ...
EDF normally reserves this for these profits.
But the courts of auditors noted that this money is not provisioned at a sufficient level to ensure the considerable costs which will be necessary for the dismantling of the power stations ...
It is logical, the CEO and the shareholders of EDF prefer to put the money in the pockets instead of "letting it sleep" ...

When it is urgent to shut down the power plants after an accident more serious than what we have known in France so far, the cost will be unbearable for the company and its shareholders who will all struggle ... Except one, the state ...

And it will be necessary to renationalise EDF urgently to absorb the current irresponsible management which is "logical for a private company" (short-term benefits).

Morality, it is the French taxpayers who will pay very dearly, on their bill but certainly also on their taxes because many will try to change then of electricity supplier.

If you don't believe me, think about what happened with Crédit Lyonnais ... : Arrowl:
0 x