What do you think of such a future energy source?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
sustainergy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

What do you think of such a future energy source?

by sustainergy » 05/12/13, 00:38

Hello,

News on the forum and very interested in new renewable energy resources, what do you think of a possible resource described here:
https://peerj.com/preprints/66/
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 05/12/13, 01:34

It's still easier to grow salad
or sugar beets.
If it is to make sugar as much as to cultivate plants that
are already doing very well.

But be positive, in times of crisis everything is good to keep
his job. If some are willing to pay for others to seek
reinvent hot water. Why deprive yourself of it?
8)
0 x
sustainergy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sustainergy » 05/12/13, 03:07

Rabbit wrote:It's still easier to grow salad
or sugar beets.
If it is to make sugar as much as to cultivate plants that
are already doing very well.

But be positive, in times of crisis everything is good to keep
his job. If some are willing to pay for others to seek
reinvent hot water. Why deprive yourself of it?
8)

Except that growing plants for energy costs too much! Especially since we need it to eat and less and less there is water to irrigate!
This will require a solution that saves water and plants for more vital uses than to have organic diesel!
While synthetic sugar from CO2 would not cost as much!
It was perhaps not visible in the link above, but on the following link there are more details with drawing to better see the idea:
https://peerj.com/preprints/66.pdf
It is unfortunately in English but the idea is simple and understandable from the drawing at the bottom of the page.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What do you think of such an energy source of the future?

by Gaston » 05/12/13, 11:31

sustainergy wrote:what do you think of a possible resource described here:
I think it is very "possible" : Mrgreen:

It's just an idea, not even a laboratory experiment.

The document seems to boil down to "We should do artificial photosynthesis to produce sugars that we would ferment to make ethanol."

No explanation on artificial photosynthesis.
No explanation on the sugar extraction method (natural photosynthesis produces many other things)

For me, it's the level of commercial coffee.
0 x
sustainergy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sustainergy » 05/12/13, 12:03

Gaston wrote:
sustainergy wrote:what do you think of a possible resource described here:
I think it is very "possible" : Mrgreen:

It's just an idea, not even a laboratory experiment.

The document seems to boil down to "We should do artificial photosynthesis to produce sugars that we would ferment to make ethanol."

No explanation on artificial photosynthesis.
No explanation on the sugar extraction method (natural photosynthesis produces many other things)

For me, it's the level of commercial coffee.

A little exaggerated what you say, anyway, because any great invention begins with an idea, right?
How the idea of ​​theft or the phone, etc. has begun? You need an idea first before making it happen. Do not underestimate our ideas!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/12/13, 12:19

Yes maybe...
But ethanol is for what. :?:
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 05/12/13, 13:33

But ethanol is for what.

Operate a v12 with a 15% efficiency in town !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
sustainergy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sustainergy » 05/12/13, 13:39

raymon wrote:
But ethanol is for what.

Operate a v12 with a 15% efficiency in town !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source?
What does a 15% return mean?
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 05/12/13, 14:32

sustainergy wrote:A little exaggerated what you say, anyway, because any great invention begins with an idea, right?
Of course, but when you have an idea, you generally start with research to find out if it is feasible, then tests and generally you improve little by little.
To start by publishing the idea without having the slightest beginning of explanation of "how" to achieve it, is to put the cart before the horse. :frown:

sustainergy wrote:You need an idea first before making it happen. Do not underestimate our ideas!
I do not underestimate, but it is easy to produce attractive ideas that only mask those that would be really achievable, even if the latter are sometimes less dreamy.

Well, I have an idea: we could make individual teleporters and I'm going to make a 2-page article to explain how great it would be, that there would be no more traffic jams on the roads, that we would have settled the problem of accidentology, all with a diagram showing how to use the teleporter.
No one will ask me how you build a teleporter or how it works : Mrgreen:

This is exactly the case with artificial photosynthesis. Before judging whether the idea is a good one, the question should be answered: Is it feasible :?: If so, we build a prototype (even small and with poor performance) and then we talk about it ...
0 x
sustainergy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sustainergy » 05/12/13, 14:56

Gaston wrote:
sustainergy wrote:A little exaggerated what you say, anyway, because any great invention begins with an idea, right?
Of course, but when you have an idea, you generally start with research to find out if it is feasible, then tests and generally you improve little by little.
To start by publishing the idea without having the slightest beginning of explanation of "how" to achieve it, is to put the cart before the horse. :frown:

sustainergy wrote:You need an idea first before making it happen. Do not underestimate our ideas!
I do not underestimate, but it is easy to produce attractive ideas that only mask those that would be really achievable, even if the latter are sometimes less dreamy.

Well, I have an idea: we could make individual teleporters and I'm going to make a 2-page article to explain how great it would be, that there would be no more traffic jams on the roads, that we would have settled the problem of accidentology, all with a diagram showing how to use the teleporter.
No one will ask me how you build a teleporter or how it works : Mrgreen:

: Mrgreen:
Here, your idea on the teleporter is already on the move for goods and in a few years it would become a reality:
http://www.bfmtv.com/economie/amazon-ve ... 58428.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25180906

Who then knows that this would not be applied to air transportation for humans?
In any case, there is no contradiction between what you say and the idea proposed. Researchers may have already started thinking about it or it is already on its way!
Anything is possible in a world as crazy as ours!
0 x