adjustment issues Thermovar wood boiler + buffer tank

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
guitou42300
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

adjustment issues Thermovar wood boiler + buffer tank

by guitou42300 » 19/11/13, 18:17

Bonjour à tous

I allow myself to post here in order to have feedback on installation and to light my lantern.

Let me tell you about my installation, so I have a 22KW MORVAN reverse combustion wood boiler coupled to a 1000L buffer tank (high and low nozzles supply and same departure). Installation made entirely by myself following the purchase of the second-hand boiler. My house is 120m2, installation under renovation in PER (distribution manifold upstairs) with classic steel radiators. A motorized 3-way valve supplies the heating circulator and is controlled by a water law regulator.
My boiler generally heats between 78 and 84 ° in thermovar speed position 1. Temperature setpoint 19.5 ° day and 17 ° night (I can not go below because of baby).

In times like right now + 2 ° during the day -2 ° night when I come home in the evening at 18 p.m. the house has dropped to around 18 ° (balloon at 30 °) and a good load and a half between 18 p.m. and 23 p.m. allows me to go back up to the right temperature inside and have the balloon recharged which should arrive at 80 ° around 1 am I think. This installation works well but by the temperatures that arrive I try to tweak my settings to see where I can still save qq calories in my balloon to extend my daytime temperature and for that I have questions that come to mind .
If I could avoid 2 loads a day it would suit me a lot.

The switch-on temperature of the circulator of my Thermovar (balloon boiler recirculation group) is set to 65 ° via an aquastat on probe positioned in a boiler tap. I wonder if this setting is correct because it makes me ask the following question:

- At the end of heating when there is no more wood, the boiler drops in temperature (80 ° 70 ° 60 ° etc ...) and we will end up with the balloon (loaded at 75/80 ° see 85 °) which will be hotter than the body of the boiler. So with a setting to trigger the thermovar circulator at 60 ° (with the delta triggered trigger) it will be the balloon that will heat the boiler ... to this temperature (maybe two hours or more if water to 75 passes in permanently). We eat the calories in the balloon for nothing in this case right? should we not raise the temperature of the aquastat? On the other hand, I also tell myself that the longer the circulation of the balloon turns during the night (aquastat set low and a large log before going to bed), the more it will heat the water returning from the radiators at the bottom of the balloon during night revival . I do not know what is most advantageous at the time as a setting. What do you think ?

- Another question concerning the setting of my regulator which allows me to "restrict" the starting temperature of the radiators. The factory setting is 60 ° which does not prevent the radiator from being boiling hot when the valve is fully opened (it is impossible to keep your hand on it). If I lower this setpoint to 50, for example, do you think that it would save money on my tank (relaunching less energy as a result) or else the additional heating time to reach the setpoint will ultimately not be a saving? What about the water-dependent regulation which adapts the T ° of the starting water to the outside temperature if I adjust to 50 ° and it is -10 ° outside ...

in advance thank you for those who would have water to bring to my mill or for your feedback.
0 x
francis02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by francis02 » 11/12/14, 17:00

Bonsoir
I discover your message which closely corresponds to my installation: Morvan of 20 kW, LV of 1 l. This self-construction poses a lot of worries to me ... None, response from professionals ... I have questions, in particular for the priority in DHW ...
Can you give me your diagram and / or look at mine here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post279793.html#279793 to tell me how you did it ...
Although your message is more than a year old, I hope you are aware of mine.

cordially
0 x
francis02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by francis02 » 11/12/14, 17:01

Bonsoir
I discover your message which closely corresponds to my installation: Morvan of 20 kW, LV of 1 l. This self-construction poses a lot of worries to me ... None, response from professionals ... I have questions, in particular for the priority in DHW ...
Can you give me your diagram and / or look at mine here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post279793.html#279793 to tell me how you did it ...
Although your message is more than a year old, I hope you are aware of mine.

cordially
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 11/12/14, 18:01

yes before any discussion in the air, we need a diagram because despite your explanations after all quite clear, we do not have everything.
is there a recirculation circuit between the tank and the boiler, non-return valves, etc.
then, if you have a climatic regulation with motorized V3V, why do you speak of a "regulator" which limits the departure time ??? if the water law is well regulated, the V3V is sufficient and be careful, if you have hot radiators, it is either that the water law is too strong or that your radiators are undersized for the house. the higher the heat sink temperature, the greater the losses. and don't trust radiator thermostats. a well-regulated climate control produces just the necessary radiator temperature whatever the outside temperature and that with the thermostatic valves wide open.

So diagram and we talk again.
0 x
Click my signature
francis02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by francis02 » 12/12/14, 00:44

Good evening and thank you dirk pitt

I fully agree with the idea of ​​diagram and my questions:
- 1 °) is it correct that pattern? (Strength to adjust ...)
Then these are questions around the best "performance" of the installation:
2 °) what priority to give to that early heats the heating buffer tank is avoided?
3 °) how to ensure that it is always the hottest water used? (I had thought of a series of Aq3 and Aq4 mounting (as drawn in red dotted line) but I think it will not ...
4 °) I add an aquastat at the hot outlet of the tank to control circulators (with Aq2) as long as T ° in BTsc is> 25 ° C for example ...
5 °) a check-valve is necessary in case of outbreak of the thermal safety valve (or is that redundant given the rarity of this alarm ...)

Thank you again and quite attentive to new suggestions ...

0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 12/12/14, 07:19

francis, you pollute the guitar thread. if you don't mind, we will continue your discussion on the other thread that you have already opened.
0 x

Click my signature
francis02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by francis02 » 12/12/14, 11:36

Hello, yes, I agree ... at the start I just asked a question with the idea of ​​"exploiting" the knowledge of guitou whose installation seems very close to mine ...
Pardon me (I don't know if the administrator can withdraw the last message ....) is it still that I return it on my thread ...

See you soon Dirk Pitt and the others ...
0 x