Production of electricity with wood logs

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
JEAN MARIE
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Production of electricity with wood logs

by JEAN MARIE » 10/08/13, 12:54

I reformed a wood boiler direct draft semi-inverted flame logs in excellent condition of 40 kW, to install a more powerful one.

Rather than resell it, I would like to use it to produce electricity by a microturbine, but in sufficient quantity to switch at will the network of my house on this production by inverter. This requires an available power of 20 kW held for a few hours. No difficulty in creating an appropriate room and making the connection. The resale of the current produced interests me in no case, only the autarkic production interests me.

Is it possible ? if so, references with builders to equip and carry out the project? thank you for various answers and suggestions
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 10/08/13, 22:51

20kW of electricity with a 40kW boiler ???

yield 50% worthy of the best thermal power plant, of the great dream

a wood boiler is not a steam boiler, unable to withstand sufficient pressure

limiting itself to 1 bar that a normal boiler can hold, it does not even work because nothing is planned for the correct evacuation of the steam: there will be areas of the boiler which will overheat

then steam engine of small power there is nothing in the trade everything is to reinvent

I work on it, but not with a boiled wood boiler: you need a real boiler designed for steam

I have another track which will be available much faster: wood gasifier and internal combustion engine: the total output is better than with steam, and there is only the gasifier to build, internal combustion engines are already available

the steam system has some interesting quality in some cases, but it is not the best nor the simplest
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 11/08/13, 00:02

Organic rankine cycle. Out of reach of the handyman.

More interesting question, what do you have in the house which consumes 20kW? ... It would not be a heating by chance? ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/08/13, 10:33

For those who read German, this is what a gzaogene with electricity production, all integrated looks like:

http://www.schnellmotor.de/sm/produkte/ ... ftwerk.php

I don't know the price. But it is surely a "candy" !!!!
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

No need to read German

by fabio.gel » 12/08/13, 08:28

Did67 wrote:For those who read German, this is what a gzaogene with electricity production, all integrated looks like:

http://www.schnellmotor.de/sm/produkte/ ... ftwerk.php

I don't know the price. But it is surely a "candy" !!!!

Hi Did at the top right in the drop down menu you can change the language
0 x
I do my best to not leave trash world to my children ....
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/08/13, 12:16

but once on the french version of this site we do not find all that is in the german version

this gasifier document is only available in german

no matter if this system is too big and too expensive, it's still proof that it works

we also have proof that smaller gasifiers worked during the last war when we ran out of gas

and we also have the proof that gasifiers and gas engines replaced steam engines with big advantage on the yield from 1890

the gasifiers of 1890 are better models than those of 1940 which were too light for vehicles: those of 1900 were made to run factories all day long
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Racket hell

by fabio.gel » 12/08/13, 16:29

I did not find the info concerning noise in dB but it must be substantial ... :D
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/08/13, 16:41

it is possible to correctly soundproof an internal combustion engine!

do not compare with emergency generator sets which are not designed to run for a long time and which are not soundproofed at all

ask Did67 what noise does the schnell group of the methanizer he often talks about
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/08/13, 10:15

I confirm :

a) it's a Diesel!

b) 200 or 300 meters from the box, impossible to know by ear if the group turns or not ....

[Now, Schnell, it's great; nothing but the box and its soundproofing, seals, etc ... All of this at a cost!]

Indeed, bizarre and a pity that there is no data on noise on the website. We have to have the specifications at the office. I will watch when I resume if I find something.

But I already confirm: noise is not a problem. We are in a dense environment and no one has heard this group. No one can say whether it is spinning or not!
0 x
fabio.gel
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

200 to 300 meters

by fabio.gel » 13/08/13, 21:20

Did67 wrote:I confirm :

b) 200 or 300 meters from the box, impossible to know by ear if the group turns or not ....

Did you are on the distance from 200 to 300 meters !!! : Shock:
a football stadium between 90 and 120 meters, in which case if it is impossible to know by ear whether the group is spinning or not, what does it give at 1 meters?
0 x