BuckBoost wind turbine and regulator

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
roro04
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

BuckBoost wind turbine and regulator

by roro04 » 30/05/13, 17:33

Hello everyone !

I turn to you for the design of my personal wind turbine for an autonomous cabin. Indeed, I am in the process of building an autonomous hut, more precisely I am building a wind turbine to recharge 100Ah of batteries.

The wind turbine will be vertical and will drive a 100v brushless servo motor. I chose this motor / generator because it is a permanent magnet generator so little friction. Then a 100V because it is already what recovers best and since it will rotate at low speed, it will give me 3 to 12 V.

Only here, permanent magnets = unregulated output. On another forum I was advised a buck boost regulation which a priori has a good yield (in the 80%) and in addition accepts a wide range of input voltage!

What positive points will you tell me? Well no ! Because my concern is that it takes in 10 A see 15 A ... So we forget the basic integrated circuit.

So I come to ask the help of electronics connoisseurs. For the realization, no worries I am equipped and I have experience. But for the operating principle and the diagram of such an assembly ...

In any case thank you in advance for your help;)

Have a good day !
++
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 30/05/13, 18:29

I strongly advise you to take existing equipment and not to build this kind of circuit yourself even if you are a novice.
what output voltage do you need? 12V?
input side, it will take a minimum of voltage to produce power. the boost function does not seem necessary to me but rather you need a DCDC buck converter with large input range: 15 to 60V input style with 12V output

side power, 10A in 12V will be found. beyond will be more difficult.
0 x
Click my signature
roro04
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roro04 » 30/05/13, 21:42

First thank you for your quick response;)

Regarding the project, I have skills do not worry. In addition I have family that touches a lot.

At the output I need 14V to recharge lead batteries.

I specified buck because my DC motor will perhaps output me only 6 Volts for example.

Regarding the power, I go out in three phase so it's already better. Then I would need in the 10 A regulator output. 15 ideally;)

We look forward to seeing you!
Good night,
++
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 30/05/13, 23:37

If you use your engine too much below the rpm range where it feels good, it is not going to produce amazing power. We should already check ...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 31/05/13, 09:44

BobFuck wrote:If you use your engine too much below the rpm range where it feels good, it is not going to produce amazing power. We should already check ...

that's what I was trying to say.
it is useless to provide an electronics which will be able to produce from 6V input if the power is close to 0
a minimum speed is required for the wind turbine to be able to load it a little, otherwise the speed will collapse even more.
0 x

Click my signature
roro04
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roro04 » 31/05/13, 16:37

Hello !

I understand the problem;)
So if we imagine it produces 12V, we can still make a boost that will raise this voltage to 14V and lower it if the input is at 40V? See 50V?

Have a good day :)
++
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 31/05/13, 19:19

If it is a 100V motor and you see 12V at the output, that means that it does not turn very fast, so you should not hope to draw more than 1 / 10th of the power it would be able to provide to its nominal speed ...

Anyway, start by sending the specs for the wind turbine ...
0 x
roro04
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roro04 » 01/06/13, 13:02

OK ;)

So let's go back to our Boost system. What will the nature of the circuit be? Integrated circuits ? Windings?

Have a good day,
++
0 x
AlterEco
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AlterEco » 01/06/13, 19:08

Hello,

I also had the same questions, also for a chalet.
after doing my calculations, I opted for PV and I did well.

there is sun more often than wind, and above all it cost me less than wind.

after there is the legal problem, do we have the right to consume our own electrical production? It seems to me no, but a wind turbine is not very discreet.
0 x
BobFuck
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by BobFuck » 01/06/13, 19:27

roro04 wrote:OK ;)

So let's go back to our Boost system. What will the nature of the circuit be? Integrated circuits ? Windings?

Well, it depends on the wind turbine and the engine. Since you don't want to let go of the info, you have the right to search for it yourself ...
0 x