Modification of a generator

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Modification of a generator

by Surfeurseb » 01/12/05, 13:09

Hello everyone!

I plan to use a generator, remove the heat engine, and connect either a wind turbine or a bicycle.
this to avoid making myself a generator, and especially an advantageous cost (to compare for example with the blow of a simple 12 220V converter)

on the other hand, is the quality of the components sufficient for this type of application, with sufficient yield for example,
moreover is the current thus produced usable by any household appliance?
the goal is to compensate for power outages, for low-power applications of course ...

the group in question is advertised for 800W, it uses a 2-stroke engine of 60cm3 (yuck), and it is a "first price" model.
with a diesel, I would have rather turned it to frying oil ...
0 x
bernard83
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bernard83 » 01/12/05, 14:59

hello, go see on this link, maybe your happiness!
https://www.econologie.com/forums/autoconstr ... -vf76.html
0 x
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 01/12/05, 21:11

Thanks for the link: very interesting.
But I did not find an answer to my question ...
a pity that the links do not work for more detail
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 02/12/05, 09:45

Hello
I am quite skeptical about the quality of these cheap (Chinese?) Groups. But anyway for the alternator you need a constant speed (for example 3 rpm for a pair of poles if I'm not mistaken) to have 000 Hz so not easy with wind ... For me to have a correct power supply, you need a wind turbine with a continuous or rectified generator to charge a buffer battery, a DC / 50V AC converter. All largely dimensioned (220W is very little for a home, 800W seems to me to be a minimum) ...
Michel
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 02/12/05, 17:15

Personally I turn with a subscription to 3KW, because I am equipped in low consumption as much as doing this little (freezer class A +, double insulation, electric oven consuming less than 250W at temperature, 2900W in pyrolysis, ...).

I agree with Michel for the passage through a storage at 12 or 24 V then the use of an inverter to obtain 220V. This also makes it possible to mix renewable energy sources (wind, photovoltaic, a bicycle if you want, ...).
0 x
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Surfeurseb » 03/12/05, 21:21

I understand the problem a little better.
In fact, in my idea the gfroupe already integrated an electronic regulation which made it possible to obtain the good tension and the good frequency, whatever the speed of the thermal engine (in the order of reasonable of course)
if it is an alternator of the "automobile" type, then it is clearly less interesting: high rotation speed, efficiency, etc ...

on the other hand, it is not for me to produce electricity for the whole house, but only for troubleshooting, 3kW it is in this case a lot (in normal times, it is little by cons: bravo Ex -océano!)

thank you for your answers, I will dig a little deeper into the question:
type of alternator, which current regulation, speed required ...
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 04/12/05, 15:17

Hello
When I thought of 3 kw for example it was to have 2 kw stable with reliable regulation. It is better to keep a safety margin so as not to have any unpleasant surprises ... Thus electronic household devices have a switching power supply which will regulate according to the mains voltage, if it is low (less than 220 V) they will compensate but it is not very good, aging, heating ... It may be a bit paranoid on my part, but I prefer to keep some margin.
See you and good research.
Michel
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."