Advice and guidance for fixing my motor to wind

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
papynou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Advice and guidance for fixing my motor to wind

by papynou » 22/07/11, 11:25

Hello as you can see in my present post I have an ENGEL engine but I don't know how to fix it

I had thought of something like welding a metal plate on my ball bearing which will be welded to my tube then perforate this metal plate so as to let in two threaded rods for fixing less motor.

did you think that it can hold with great wind.

I attached a photo to show you more or less ...

here you can see the motor, the plate will be above the ball bearing and the motor placed on top

here is my ball bearing which will be welded on my tube

you have a better idea ...
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 22/07/11, 12:40

Hi papynou

weld a metal plate on my ball bearing

I strongly advise against it !!
A ball bearing does not support being welded to anything. The precision of the different parts is such that it would no doubt lose its ability to turn.

For a wind turbine swivel, you can make it simpler by using another end of tube of larger diameter and plugged, over the first.
To fix your motor, you can use a 1 / 2 cylindrical cup-shaped part underneath and 2 fairly sturdy collars.

A+
0 x
papynou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by papynou » 22/07/11, 13:37

hummm I often see a kind of car wheel like a car disk brake, I'll see if I can recover what has already rolled it inside I think

Thank you for your advice ....
0 x
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vinzman » 22/07/11, 16:42

Hello,
As Looping said it is strongly discouraged because your bearing will be deformed.
Your hub idea is better!

It is made at the outset to receive bearings and in addition you can happily weld it without risking any damage to the bearings.
Do not keep the old bearings, change them for new ones and drown them in grease and presto you will end up with a foolproof engine support.
And I would even tell you that buying a kit of new hubs / bearings is surely not what will ruin you in addition to saving you the time and chemicals needed for the renovation.

That's what I'm talking about when I'm talking about hubs.
http://www.mariusgaron.com/index.php?page=295
0 x
vinzman
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vinzman » 22/07/11, 19:47

something else, if you don't want your thread to twist and therefore break at some point, install a `` slip ring '' (sorry, I don't know the French name).
It allows your wind turbine to rotate with the wind without ever twisting your wire.

0 x
papynou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by papynou » 22/07/11, 21:11

vinzman wrote:something else, if you don't want your thread to twist and therefore break at some point, install a `` slip ring '' (sorry, I don't know the French name).
It allows your wind turbine to rotate with the wind without ever twisting your wire.

good evening, yes a hub ....

it's after noon i'm going to a garage and tomorrow it suits me that and for the ball bearings i won't risk paying because i make ball bearings myself and yes my job is to make ball bearings of any form hihihiihihi
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 23/07/11, 00:11

amusing:

contradict
yes, my job is to make ball bearings of any shape hihihiihihi

strange ..
weird, weird ?????
0 x
papynou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by papynou » 23/07/11, 09:36

dedeleco wrote:amusing:

contradict
yes, my job is to make ball bearings of any shape hihihiihihi

strange ..
weird, weird ?????

Dedeleco, yes fun and contradicting as you say !!!!

I work for http://www.fag.com/content.fag.de/en/index.jsp any type of ball bearing manufacturing company.
which is spread over the entire continent
if you do not believe me there are very specific bearings that can be welded outside which elsewhere are not manufactured here in portugal but are themselves manufactured at the central ie in germany. and as i work for this group, i don't have to ask my superiors if i can take a roulament for sample !!!!

is it also necessary to send you a video of my work hihihihihih
0 x