Study of key technologies 2015: 17 in energy

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

Study of key technologies 2015: 17 in energy

by Christophe » 16/03/11, 11:09

Funny the government has just put a brake on the PV (see: https://www.econologie.com/forums/touche-pas ... 10274.html ) and now they want to relaunch a solar research plan ...

A but must read: nuclear and photovoltaic are on the same line ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

Key technologies 2015: 17 are related to energy

Carried out every 5 years since 1995, the study of Key Technologies makes it possible to provide companies, economic actors and public authorities with a frame of reference on the technologies of the future.

Presented by the Ministry of Industry on March 15, 2011, the 2015 Key Technologies study identified 85 key technologies divided into seven business sectors, including that of Energy. Like the other fields of activity, the energy sector has been the subject of a strategic monograph which on the one hand, analyzes the challenges and trends, and on the other hand formulates recommendations for public support policies.

Erdyn, the firm specializing in innovation consulting and prime contractor for this study, was entrusted with the analysis of key technologies in the energy sector. He returns today to the main lines of this investigation.

A study based on a double observation

The reflections carried out within the framework of the 2015 Key Technologies study in the field of energy are based on a double observation: on the one hand, fossil resources, and more particularly hydrocarbons, still have a key role to play , regardless of the question of the date of the "world oil peak", which has not yet been decided. In these conditions, maintaining investments in upstream oil and making the best use of existing resources is essential. On the other hand, there is a relative consensus on the need to fight climate change, which is certainly not always accompanied by concrete commitments.

Regarding this last point, the levers for action are known: developing the share of renewable energies, increasing energy storage capacities so as to be able to better manage flows, consolidating the place of nuclear power, reducing emissions from combustion fossil fuels. Without forgetting the room for maneuver linked to uses: energy efficiency in the building, transport and industrial sectors remains a major lever when it comes to reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

17 key technologies selected to meet energy challenges

Based on this observation, the Key Technologies 2015 energy working group proposed to the study's strategic committee to retain the following technologies as being key for French industrial and service companies:

1. Synthetic fuels from biomass,
2. Thermodynamic solar,
3. Marine energies,
4. Fuel cells,
5. Hydrogen technologies,
6. Capture and storage of CO2,
7. Nuclear energy, Solar photovoltaic,
8. Offshore wind energy,
9. Geothermal energy,
10. Stationary electricity storage,
11. Intelligent electrical networks,
12. Hydrocarbon exploration and production technologies,
13. Oil refining technologies,
14. Technologies for exploration,
15. extraction and processing of mineral resources,
16. Synthetic fuels from fossil resources,
17. Biomass and waste: energy recovery.

(...)

Source Suite: http://www.enerzine.com/14/11587+les-te ... rgie+.html

Here is the section on energy in flash: http://www.industrie.gouv.fr/tc2015/feu ... index.html

The theory is beautiful, only me what I see on the ground is this: 99% of young engineers (I am / part of it) who want (wanted?) To work in these technologies (except hydrocarbons and nuclear ) galley thoroughly and end up marginalizing ...

The State really finances (excluding "representation") only what brings money to the powerful ... and by the same, to itself ...

See this message: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post197124.html#197124
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Study of key technologies 2015: 17 in energy

by sherkanner » 16/03/11, 12:32

Christophe wrote: 1. Synthetic fuels from biomass,
2. Thermodynamic solar,
3. Marine energies,
4. Fuel cells,
6. Capture and storage of CO2,
8. Offshore wind energy,
9. Geothermal energy,
12. Hydrocarbon exploration and production technologies,
13. Oil refining technologies,
14. Technologies for exploration,
16. Synthetic fuels from fossil resources,
17. Biomass and waste: energy recovery.

(...)

1. Synthetic fuels from biomass,
17. Biomass and waste: energy recovery
It is time that they get started, there's quite a delay in France on this point. Systems purged abroad for the production of gas by biomass (Germany / Austria, bioerdgas)

2. Thermodynamic solar,
Without doubt the simplest to implement and will be able to respond to 5% or even 30% of heating needs (100% in inter-season and 0% in bad conditions). Big savings for a mature system.

4. Fuel cells,
Are they told that hydrogen production is a problem or do you think they'll realize it? (how ca cynical ...)

We dared not imagine, they did ...
Reinforce nuclear since there is unfortunately (to my knowledge) no viable alternative. Production 24 hours a day, 24 days a week, independent of external conditions.
Fortunately they see PV as a very long-term replacement for nuclear (at least that's how I interpret it).

Superconductors? or batteries? If batteries, possible problem of pollution.

To that I say yes, but not just any old way (see the "intelligent" box of edf, installed before the end of the tests)

* yum * shale gas ...

The theory is beautiful, only me what I see on the ground is this: 99% of young engineers (I am / part of it) who want (wanted?) To work in these technologies (except hydrocarbons and nuclear ) galley thoroughly and end up marginalizing ...

No political will. And it's a shame, that's all it takes to find / implement viable solutions. The knowledge is there, the people are also motivated forum). But funding almost impossible due to current policy. And as soon as there is a good idea, quickly cut off his wings because it doesn't please our friends, the lobbies with deep pockets ...
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 16/03/11, 13:42

If we wait for politics to have some will, we can wait a long time ....
Do not forget this Machiavellian principle: the powerful only endorse what keeps them in power!
The rest, they do not care royally!
Even if the world goes to disaster, as long as they stay in power and it earns them money, it's good for them!
There is nothing to expect from any leader at this time.
It is up to us to make a difference!
And it won't be easy at all!
But who said that life was easy?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/03/11, 15:09

Come to think of it: there is one dear point to dedeleco:

18) Inertial thermal storage

Then we could also add, although we already know how to do it but so little applied:

19) Bio-eco-materials and bioclimatism for the home
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/03/11, 15:26

Inertial thermal storage

Unclear term flowing this subject which removes all CO2, pollution and nuclear heating in perpetuity !!

It is heating the winter with the summer heat stored underground !!

Off-season heating in winter with summer !!

Even on econology it has not entered the brain at all !!

Fed up !!

It is appalling how this effective simple method is suppressed, stifled !!

We started off well for other nuclear disasters this time in France, with this mentality even on econology !!

read and reread:
http://www.dlsc.ca/DLSC_Brochure_f.pdf
http://www.dlsc.ca
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 16/03/11, 15:56

dedeleco wrote:
Inertial thermal storage

Unclear term flowing this subject which removes all CO2, pollution and nuclear heating in perpetuity !!

It is heating the winter with the summer heat stored underground !!

Off-season heating in winter with summer !!

Even on econology it has not entered the brain at all !!

Fed up !!

It is appalling how this effective simple method is suppressed, stifled !!

We started off well for other nuclear disasters this time in France, with this mentality even on econology !!

read and reread:

Dede

You still have to run a heat pump!

What are you running it with?
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/03/11, 15:58

Dedicated Roh does not excite you like that is not good for your heart!

This term everyone understands, it was to make a little "pompous" :)

Ok I could have said "interseasonal" (difficult to obtain in my opinion) or rather for "for weekly phase shift" (ie over several weeks) ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/03/11, 19:34

Dedicated Roh does not excite you like that is not good for your heart!

I bet you didn't follow me on a 20% hill on a bike without an electric motor over a 200m drop (1km in length!)

In any case, I saw some athletes, 35 years younger than me, who stuck behind !!

It's not good for the planet, which is going to heat up and fill up with radioactive, coal and petroleum junk a little more, much more than for my heart.

We can remove all CO2, nuclear pollution, nuclear disasters, for winter heating with the summer solar stored underground !! with not even 1/1000 of the research credits put for the nuclear EPR and its safety !!

You still have to run a heat pump!
What are you running it with?

It's simple, safe, perpetual, and the solar circulator (no heat pump or heat pump and Alain G, yet Canadian does not seem to have read:
) and accumulators work, because its power is very low compared to the necessary heating power.
The thermosyphon works in winter and a little solar photovoltaic is enough in summer to circulate in the opposite direction.
But the electrical energy required is only that of the circulator of a wood-fired boiler.

What amazes me is that there is always a fallacious argument to sink this solution and favor nuclear or oil follies, even with econology !!!!
!!
The CSDL heats up using an energy network
neighborhood designed for store energy in the basement
solar in abundance in the summer months which is
then distributed in each house in winter for the
space heating.

This kind of community is unprecedented
in the world :
* it constitutes the largest subdivision of Houses
R-2000 in Canada, each of them presenting
energy efficiency of 30 percent 100 superior
to a current dwelling;