Transforming 12vcc into 280vcc with recovery hardware

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
lepbad1
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Transforming 12vcc into 280vcc with recovery hardware

by lepbad1 » 07/03/11, 21:52

good evening, I realize a vertical axis wind turbine, 15m2 of canopy in soapius and darrius system in design, current power 2kw approx at 6m / s.
I recovered a 9kva inverter with 6500w battery pack in 280vcc to supply the house in battery mode if voltage of the pack ok and if not direct with the network during the chrage of the battery pack.
Pb my eol can recharge in 12 or 48 other pack of 720ah c5 under 48v) and I am looking for a way to transform 48vcc (or 12vcc) into 280vcc to directly charge the inverter pack
I did a test with a 220/5000 transformer by punctually injecting 12vcc, it took me out of the 300 without worries !!! I am looking for an electronic system such as an oscillator or pulse generator which will cut and power quickly like 50hz the tranfo to make me 280vac, then bridge diode and condo, voltage regulator to go out in 280vcc (adjustable if possible 270 / 300v) and which limit the intensity to 2.5a because the secondary section of the transformer 0.8mm.
Thank you for your light.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 07/03/11, 22:27

If you drive your transformer with "square" pulses it will start to heat up very strongly and will eventually burn out.
You have to do pulse width modulation to reconstruct a sinusoid ... you have reinvented the inverter! : Cheesy:

The simplest circuit will be based on a microcontroller, but the program, without being excessively complex, already requires a good experience.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 07/03/11, 22:35

Otherwise a simpler solution:
You take a 12/24 / 48V inverter (optional) to 230V of suitable power. No need for something super advanced. A Chinese inverter even pseudo sine is more than enough.
You only keep the primary. At the output of the transformer elevators, after rectification, you will have about 300VDC, just transplant it with 2 wires and it's good, no need to modify anything more (unless you want to adjust the output voltage , but here we often come back to having to redo everything)
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 08/03/11, 05:53

Welcome to Econology lepbad1!

Does your wind turbine have a DC or AC generator with a rectifier?

If you have a rectifier, you can simply eliminate it and feed the secondary of two transformers of 120/24 volts of 2 KVA available on the net via Canada or the USA, you use the output in series for 240 AC which a when straightened will give you almost 280 volts DC.

Even if the frequency is not 50 Hz, it is not a problem to power a battery pack.
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 08/03/11, 08:18

It is indeed a very good solution.
And no need to go to the USA to find the transformer. See the Legrand catalog for example, they manufacture transformers of all powers with many different voltages, depending on the couplings we always manage to find the necessary transformation ratio.
0 x
lepbad1
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lepbad1 » 08/03/11, 23:22

thank you bcp forhorse and alainG, it's good to feel understood !!
for now I will opt for the inverter solution (I have a 1500 under 48v) and try to find the secondary 300vdc (after the big transformers I guess!). To adjust the voltage I have a voltage regulator transformer with thumbwheel in 3A. On the other hand how can I limit the output intensity of the secondary to 5A because otherwise it will go into safety ?? (5A * 300Vcc = 1500w)
the other problem is that it will go into safety when the 48vc pack is empty and it does not go back to normal fct kan the voltage returns ok on 48V pack !! can be put a direct contactor on secondary, controlled by battery voltage 48v ??

I therefore also potash the second solution of direct transformers behind my 12v 120A alternator because I will not have a problem in case of interruption of the production of the eol. Simpler but not available for now !!
I put aside the system of variation of tension with a transformer 220/5000 because I am too light in electronics !!! shame it was the simplest in my eyes.
Thank you, I tried to put the photo of my eol on this link

https://www.econologie.com/forums/transforme ... 10557.html

0 x