Heat my house with the air from my veranda?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Heat my house with the air from my veranda?

by kumkat » 08/02/11, 16:13

Hello,

Since I bought my house I tell myself that I would have to find a way to take advantage of the hot air present in the veranda on sunny days, in mid season there is surely way to reduce the bill gas heating ...
The ducts and vents are easy to find, but the order ... less easy! The ideal would be to be able to trigger an air flow towards the interior of the house by respecting two rules:
- air temperature of the veranda higher than that of the interior of the house
- temperature inside the house below 21 ° C (I heat to 18,5 ° C)
I did find a couple of things at conrad but all in 12 volts and I don't like leaving transformers connected H24 ...
An idea ?
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 08/02/11, 16:43

Use this thermostat which is provided with NO and NC contact, you use it in air conditioning mode so that it starts at the desired temperature. No power required and it can be plugged directly into the fan.

http://cpc.farnell.com/honeywell-s-c/t6 ... dp/PL01719

For ventilation you can use a fan like this one that you install in the combes and that you connect with standard insulated pipes and grids:

http://www.directindustry.fr/prod/matsu ... 95718.html

http://www.peshk.panasonic.hk/product_detail.aspx?id=78
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 08/02/11, 17:29

muf, thanks for the info, I have seen some like that for years in hotels without thinking about it for my little DIY ...

I just have to put one in the house in Heat and one in the veranda in Cool and presto :-)

I am not a great expert in electricity, but I suppose there is no special precaution to take to interconnect them?
except maybe a small fuse ...

https://www.econologie.com/shop/thermost ... p-337.html (moderate)

Thank you!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 08/02/11, 17:52

Welcome!

This thermostat is suitable for your project!

By setting the maximum temperature on the interior thermostat of the house in heating mode and by positioning the temperature of the thermostat of the veranda on the ventilation start temperature everything will work automatically without any intervention on your part!

These thermostats can be connected directly to the fan because they have contacts provided for this purpose!

You connect them in series with the fan!

For a better result you position the thermostat of the veranda at 1 meter from the ceiling!

Usually the fans have their internal protections but you can to reassure yourself put a fuse of 20% consumption of the fan, if the value is in Watts, you only have to divide the watts by the voltage to obtain the amperage of the fuse which you add the 20% margin.

Example: 34 watts divide by 230 volts = 1.48 amps plus 20% = 1.77 amps

You can put a 2 amp fuse!

Edit on point positioning error: Example: 34 watts divide by 230 volts = 0,148 amps plus 20% = 0,177 amps

You can put a fuse of 0,5 amp or 1 amps!
Last edited by Alain G the 08 / 02 / 11, 19: 34, 1 edited once.
0 x

Alain
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 08/02/11, 19:17

Hello, you have the possibility of storing the heat of the summer to distribute it in mid-season, see on the winter.

looking for Pebble tunnel.

@+
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 08/02/11, 20:57

Nice but not for me, house and veranda already existing and mechanical shovel impossible to enter the field
This will be for the next ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: Heating my house with the air from my veranda?

by Christophe » 08/02/11, 22:27

kumkat wrote:I did find a couple of things at conrad but all in 12 volts and I don't like leaving transformers connected H24 ...
An idea ?

Why look so "far" ???

https://www.econologie.com/shop/thermos ... p-257.html
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 08/02/11, 23:40

Christophe

Interesting the solar fan but I fear that the power is a bit tight because a veranda in the sun drains a good amount of heat if it is oriented in the sun.

Must see the size of his veranda!
0 x

Alain
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Heating my house with the air from my veranda?

by kumkat » 09/02/11, 08:33

Christophe wrote:Why look so "far"?

Sorry, dear Christophe, but for me it is not green to use solar panel + battery in an electrified house!
That would be at the end of a field more than hundreds of meters from the first electric cable ok, but there no!
Nothing justifies the use of these materials except maybe to make me happy with techno toys.
I do not believe that the energy produced by this panel can ever compensate for the purchase price at all and I am not talking about gray energy ...

When the volume of the veranda, seen from pif is more or less 100m3, so Alain G got it right, it may be ... fair.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/02/11, 10:14

Except that you did not understand the idea: using a solar fan would allow to regulate the ventilation ... without regulator ...

A veranda that is not sunny does not heat up (... or there is something that escapes me ... : Cheesy: )

Good 2.5W is a faint to pulsate the air satisfactorily in the house.

But hey, that's an idea ... among others ...
0 x