Question window change with total removal

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
sam beckett
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Question window change with total removal

by sam beckett » 11/10/08, 14:17

Hello,

My windows are currently being changed.
It is a total removal of the old and therefore there is breakage, and connections to be made ...

My walls are made up like this, inside to outside:
-Plaster
-Regional brick
- empty of air
-styrodur plate (unfortunately)
- concrete blocks.

So once the old frame has been cut, and the new frame has been fitted, there are holes in the wall at the level of the window fixing brackets, which the installer will have to plug.
The plaster and the plate brick were therefore broken at this location (we see the styrodur through the holes)
The installer normally proceeds by plugging the holes with glass wool, then applying plaster.
Only I don't want glass wool in the walls ..
What other possibilities are there?
are there any other methods?

Thank you in advance.

Edit:
I add that the installer puts this glass wool to avoid humidity (so that there is no contact between the plaster and the rest of the wall ...)

Edit 2:
I am also looking for photos of the site in total removal, and no way to find any.
So if you have one, or if you have a link, thank you.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Question change of window with total removal

by bham » 11/10/08, 18:58

sam beckett wrote:My walls are made up like this, inside to outside:
-Plaster
-Regional brick
- empty of air
-styrodur plate (unfortunately)
- concrete blocks.

Hello, compared to your wall seen in section as described above, the frame of your windows comes to what level? Is it fixed at the level of the brick, at the level of the concrete block?
0 x
sam beckett
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by sam beckett » 11/10/08, 20:17

So how to say ... the inside edge of the window is aligned with the plaster coating that covers the bricks.
The frame is fixed to the concrete block by doughs on the side of the window.
the doughs are located in the air space between the brick and the styrodur ..
I don't know if I'm very clear ..
I will try to make a diagram later, because it is not obvious with words ... : Lol:
0 x