Corded wood construction

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Corded wood construction

by Christine » 05/09/08, 12:52

Well I admit that this question has been on my mind for a long time but that I have never dared to ask it. Come on, I assume my "blonde" side:

"Why in the so-called" corded wood "construction are the logs laid perpendicular to the wall? Is it not detrimental to the insulation that the fibers are across?"

I know that wood is easier - and cheaper - to stack in this way (like a "rope") but is that really the only advantage of this technique?

description of the technique: http://fr.ekopedia.org/Bois_cord%C3%A9
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 05/09/08, 13:07

In addition to the advantage of easier stacking, just cut to have the exact width.
Then the rotten wood less quickly exposed at the end rather than on the field. The load-bearing beams of the floor of my house which is 200 years old are visible at the end and yet have not diminished in length.
Moisture is also extracted much more easily even if on the other hand it also enters.
that brings me a question
How do the joints support expansion?
Because for wood it is still very important, it swells with water.
0 x