A passive house without heating in the ardennes

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Christophe

A passive house without heating in the ardennes

by Christophe » 24/04/07, 23:16

It is a passive house with wooden frame located in the Belgian Ardennes in Neufchateau more precisely, see the report:

https://www.econologie.com/telechargeme ... -ardennes/

Here is their website:
http://passive-aventure.vivao.be/index.php
it is regularly updated with interesting technical information!

This article is particularly interesting:
http://passive-aventure.vivao.be/temperature_live.html

ps: I had the opportunity to personally meet Raphael, I will try to set a new appointment if possible and if it interests the world to have details?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 15/11/07, 11:46

It is a beautiful adventure that this house. And an example to follow and develop.
The initiators look immensely sympathetic ... :D

I saw the residents with a fleece ... But the indoor temperature is 20 °, with -1 ° outside. It's bluffing!

Externally, it is curious, contrary to what one might think, the house is high, exposed to the winds. Aesthetically, it's a little ugly outside, but nice inside.
The openings are limited to the south.
On the other side, all the berries. All in triple glazing. It's investment (for 10 years?). Ditto for the price of ventilation that must be a high-end?

In case of a hard blow, we can always add a heater on the renewed air pipe at the outlet of the exchanger.

We would like to know (when you know more), the composition of the walls, slabs, roof-covering-insulation.
At what level do the breakdowns in the rooms arrive?
The clay wall is made of dried rubble, or cast in a rigid structure?
If they took example of other pre-existing projects.
If they have used a specialized architect.
If they will provide a basic general plan, to help develop this type of construction?
If they did some of the work by themselves and eventually the final cost (1,5?)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/07, 11:51

Yes bluffing is the right word ... especially when we know the rigor of the Ardennais winters ... next night it is expected a -8 ° C (we live at 30 km from this house)!

Glaglagla ... fortunately it is super nice today and our solar panels turn out (it is however 1 ° C outside but it is the radiation that does not count the T ° ...).

Nothing to do with a "passive" house in the south of France (Bové style ...)
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 15/11/07, 17:31

Nothing to do with a "passive" house in the south of France (Bové style ...)

Not quite in the south from a "heat" point of view ..... on the Causse du Larzac, it should not always be very hot and it would surprise me if there is no source of heating in his home.

His house is very beautiful aesthetically.

For the passive house of the Belgians, I still have trouble believing that many days without sun, with negative cold sustained for days and nights, the temperature does not end up falling indoors ...... ..

It's bluffing, but is not it a little bluff. Do not they have one (or more) electric radiators coming out of the closet when needed? I would really like to live there to see what happens without sun.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/07, 17:37

No radiator but if you watch the video well, there are a lot of halogens ... lit even when it's daylight ... here's the flaw! : Mrgreen:
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 15/11/07, 17:39

jean63 wrote:
It's bluffing, but is not it a little bluff. Do not they have one (or more) electric radiators coming out of the closet when needed? I would really like to live there to see what happens without sun.

I suggest that Chris go give us a "choli" report, once :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/07, 17:58

Once it's in Brussels, huh! Well yes!

For the report their site and the video are already not bad?

https://www.econologie.com/telechargeme ... -ardennes/
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 16/11/07, 09:55

Christophe wrote:Once it's in Brussels, huh! Well yes!

For the report their site and the video are already not bad?

https://www.econologie.com/maison-passiv ... -3537.html

Well yes it is, but it would be interesting to answer qqs questions, of the style of the one that you emitted concerning the electric conso or of the style "is there really no auxiliary heating?"
And then to have technical and architectural details, the choice of insulating materials, the thickness of the roof, the fact that the walls are breathable or not, .... etc, know the name of their architect, which can be used to others, the total cost of the house ... etc., etc.
And then simply to let them know econology and invite them to participate in forum.
NO ? :D
0 x
Luc and Cindy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Luc and Cindy » 17/11/07, 15:09

Oh yes! it would be nice if they register on the forum, like that, we could ask them a lot of questions : Cheesy: , plus they look very friendly. If they do this site it's because they want to share their experience!
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree,
contaminated the last river,
caught the last fish,
that man will realize that money is not edible
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/11/07, 19:02

As I said: I know Raphael (I crossed 2 or 3 times) so he knows econology but I have never really invited to participate here ...

There is a contact page on their site I think, so if kk1 wants to invite them? (if it's me it will be too much "come on my site") :)
0 x