Construction: thermopierre or wood frame?

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
atqui
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Construction: thermopierre or wood frame?

by atqui » 24/01/07, 15:16

Hello everyone.

I have a project to build a "bio-climatic" house that I would like to be hyper-insulated without wanting to claim a passive house in the 28th district. I am thinking of choosing 30 cm thick thermopierre cellular concrete. I do not know if it is possible to put a wooden siding instead of the exterior plaster and if this siding could help improve the thermal insulation of this structure.

Thank you very much for your answers and for sharing your experience.
0 x
loondie
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loondie » 04/02/07, 23:31

The only advantage that you will have is a good ventilation of your wall since a cladding is posed with an air space but otherwise the gain would be negligible to the views of 30 cm compared to a plaster.

Exit to make a cladding outside wood as much at this moment to pass on a osstaure wood faster realized and especially more 'fine' (wall for insulation identical of 15 cm thick)
You will gain almost a piece (for a home of 10mX10m 100m² one gains 6m² of surface of wall on which you will pay taxes because they are counted on the SHON and therefore the thickness of the walls.)

For having already realized a building in cellular concrete of 30cm I advise against because of the specific pieces, of the case and other coatings much more constraining ...
0 x
atqui
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by atqui » 04/02/07, 23:44

loondie wrote:The only advantage that you will have is a good ventilation of your wall since a cladding is posed with an air space but otherwise the gain would be negligible to the views of 30 cm compared to a plaster.

Exit to make a cladding outside wood as much at this moment to pass on a osstaure wood faster realized and especially more 'fine' (wall for insulation identical of 15 cm thick)
You will gain almost a piece (for a home of 10mX10m 100m² one gains 6m² of surface of wall on which you will pay taxes because they are counted on the SHON and therefore the thickness of the walls.)

For having already realized a building in cellular concrete of 30cm I advise against because of the specific pieces, of the case and other coatings much more constraining ...

Thank you for this frank reply.
I finally chose the insulated wood frame with cellulose wadding blown. I think to gain in cost, and thermal comfort as well of winter as tete.
0 x
loondie
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loondie » 04/02/07, 23:47

Ah so you have advanced well on your project?

Is it thanks to this forum?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/02/07, 23:48

loondie wrote:They are counted on the SHON and therefore the thickness of the walls.

Uh..What is the SHON?

Otherwise, a fairly recent topic is underway on cellular concrete: https://www.econologie.com/forums/maison-en- ... t2897.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/02/07, 23:49

loondie wrote:Ah so you have advanced well on your project?

Is it thanks to this forum?

It's clear that it was a quick decision ...
0 x
loondie
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loondie » 05/02/07, 00:00

The SHON is the Surface Hors Oeuvre Nette That is calculated for the deposit of building permits (and which if it exceeds 170m² for a single house must necessarily be designed by an architect)
and your walls are thicker your SHON is high because as its name tries to indicate it is calculated outside the work (so outside the house) ...

So here are more taxes to pay if we make stone walls and less if we make wood frame well sized ...

hehehe ... another advantage ... :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/07, 00:58

Ok I understand everything thanks :)

And you can tell us what the order is the difference in% between 3 similar houses in terms of living space: wood, monomur and breeze + insulation finally on the taxes?

Besides, what is the tax? (sorry am not an owner ...)
0 x
loondie
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by loondie » 05/02/07, 01:05

On all the taxes that are calculated in relation to the size of your barracks ... Local taxes and TO for the pros and house tax and house taxes sometimes and taxes on the adjustments of coprorpaires .... short ...

But I'm not a taxist (or proprio for the moment !!!) : Cry:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/02/07, 01:16

Ok (so it hurts ...) and so in% we can hope to win how much in the 3 cases quoted?

Assuming that the cheapest is wood and that it is at a 100 index?
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"