Ecological and autonomous house in energy

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
GREGNENE
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Ecological and autonomous house in energy

by GREGNENE » 18/09/06, 22:50

Hello I would like to build an autonomous house (water electricity and heating) ecological :?:
For water I think of using the rainwater recovery system as well as a well. I work in a pump repair company so no problem on this side. 8)
For heating I think there is a need because my villa will be in Portugal so temperature jamias below 10 degrees I will still put a fireplace and for hot water I thought to install a solar system.
My big problem comes from the electricity I will need your advice. I would like a system capable of providing me with enough electricity as for normal use so computer stereo stereo washing machine TV on the other hand for light bulbs I think to use low consumption bulbs.
tell me if i forgot something and thanks for your answers
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/09/06, 08:47

Oula! It is with a complete problem that you arrive! Welcome !

We will have to go there post by post:

for the HiFI chain, it's simple, you replace it with an MP3 player with headphones and you charge the battery with a solar charger. : Cheesy:

for the computer, you could perhaps do the same thing with a laptop: do not stay too long on the forums ! : Lol:

For the washing machine, it may be more expensive : Cry:
it will certainly be necessary to find one which can be supplied with hot water (therefore solar), preceded by a thermostatic mixer
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 19/09/06, 09:57

As Elephant said, your problem is complex.

In my opinion, at the electrical level, total autonomy is difficult to obtain or if it is necessary
  • either have a generator (pantonized and running on HVB, it goes of either : Wink:)
  • or have a whole room full of batteries.

The intermediate solution would be to have a double circuit in the house:
  • a 24V circuit supplied by batteries charged by a wind turbine and photovoltaic sensors. On this circuit, you put the main lighting (24V spots for which you release the transformer 220V ~ -> 24V-) and the maximum of devices. For that, as elephant pointed out to you so well, either you take portable devices and you modify their power supply: from what I believe to know, with the exception of the cathode ray tubes, most electronic devices do not never use 220V ~: they have a built-in transformer (or an external transformer for laptops, some TFT screens) you just need to adapt the voltage to the device and you're done.
  • The 220V ~ circuit will supply the devices that actually use this type of current (washing machine, fridge, electrical tools with wire, in short, to sum up: everything that plugs in and that has a motor). Afterwards, nothing prevents you, to be 100% autonomous from connecting this circuit to an autonomous generator. (If you have the means, you can even consider a micro-power plant in cogeneration of electricity / hot water. However, I don't know if it exists for individuals)
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 19/09/06, 11:13

Hello
I do not know what the regulations are in Portugal but the autonomous production of electricity in France is not completely free.
In Portugal there are a lot of heoliennes learn about it.
In France if you have a heoliènne in the garden, the electric cables which connect it to your house must be installed by EDF and the surplus electricity will be bought back from you 3X the price of the normal kilowatt (I think so). It will compensate.
Ditto if you install a water turbine with the torrent flowing in your garden ...
There is something that turns me on (hihihi : Cheesy: ) it is the boiler with integrated stirling engine. It produces heating and hot water electricity (I'm looking for the link). I intend to buy a pavilion, it is necessary to replace the existing heating system. I hesitate between that and a reversible cap.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 19/09/06, 11:19

PITMIX wrote:In France if you have a heoliènne in the garden, the electric cables which connect it to your house must be installed by EDF

Even if your house is completely isolated from the EDF network?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 19/09/06, 12:04

Hello
I tell you what I learned at school.
In practice I don't know how it works.
But you should know that in Moret sur loing in Seine et Marne the Nucleaire EDF research center produces electricity only for research and the surplus is sold to Eu. Dé. EF.
Balèse nan?
Unable to store electrical energy and if there is no network nearby I do not know how they do it.
Maybe he buys you the difference without enjoying it ...
I'm stumped ...
0 x
GREGNENE
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by GREGNENE » 19/09/06, 12:40

So for electricity I think to make two circuits one in 220 and one in 12 v no problem. But for a generator group even if it runs al hvb and pantome it will pollute no ??? :?:
Because if it does not pollute then I do not take the head I install a group which will produce electricity and heating by the exhaust gases. Thank you for your answers
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 19/09/06, 13:06

GREGNENE wrote:But for a generator group even if it runs al hvb and pantome it will pollute no ??? :?:

So, a priori (but the pantone kadors on the forum appropriate will inform you better than me), pantone, depending on the percentage of water injected can improve combustion and, therefore, reduce pollution and / or consumption.
As for HBV, the pollution cannot be zero insofar as you go through a combustion which, in fact, will produce some more or less negative emanations.
What is certain, on the other hand, is that the CO2 balance sheet of the HVB (if we except the CO2 emitted by agricultural machinery which would turn on diesel during its cultivation) is neutral: indeed, the CO2 emitted by the engine is the one that was pumped by the plant during its growth. And that, in terms of the greenhouse effect, is far from neutral.

GREGNENE wrote:Because if it does not pollute then I do not take the head I install a group which will produce electricity and heating by the exhaust gases.

Attention, the pantone principle is already to recover the energy of the exhaust gases, I am not sure that you can couple the 2 ...
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 19/09/06, 13:58

I find that the most ecological is solar to heat.

And then you said there was almost no need for it, the fireplace will be fine. No ???
But I'm sure there are solutions we don't think of in this country.
Portugal is a young country with young ideas.
0 x
GREGNENE
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by GREGNENE » 10/10/06, 13:03

I have new ideas and made new choices to be autonomous.
For heating I will take a TULIKIVI mass cook that will serve me to cook (cook and oven), heat me in the winter and have my hot water :D
In summer solar heating (on the roof) seems to be sufficient :?:
For water, a rainwater recovery tank for washing, watering the garden, washing the car, finally everything that can be used with rainwater.
For drinking water a well with a solar pump : Cheesy:
But for electricity I block a little for lack of information and forum explicit to get an idea : Evil:
If you have well documented sites and with photos please let me know
I also block for the washing machine big consumer of electricity
0 x