Ecovillage Project (New version)

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Thunderman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Ecovillage Project (New version)

by Thunderman » 14/06/06, 19:25

Here is the last update of the project. I recall that a forum entirely dedicated to the project was created. I hope to see many of you there! http://www.lemondeestanous.superforum.fr

Good reading !

I. ETHICS & BASIC PRINCIPLES

My words about ethics will probably sound like banalities, but I take the risk:

Ethics is based on love, respect (of others, of oneself, of the commons, of the environment), frankness, interest in others, physical and psychological mutual aid (responding to a ask but also spontaneously), the power to question and thus become aware of its faults, know how to take them into account and recognize them too, know how to listen at least as much as express themselves, know how to leave the benefit of the doubt and not to judge a thought, an opinion or an act without a minimum of certainties. A whole, capable of finally giving meaning to the words freedom, equality, fraternity. Conversely, competition, selfishness, individualism, closeness of mind, intolerance, demagoguery, bad liver, are all vices, symptom mechanisms that the system promotes, amplifies. I think that the principle of SEL in healthy ecovollage (and even outside) would be contradictory with the notion of mutual aid specific to fraternity (this is a personal opinion).

It is to consider the community as an ecovillage where everyone will be neighbor to the other in the same way as in town, but freedom, equality and fraternity in addition. Everyone will have their privacy. Participation in meals and other common activities (leisure / educational) is in no way compulsory.

No extra money (or time) will be claimed from a couple of parents with 1 to 2 children in their care. This project is planned with a view to the future in all that it encompasses. From 3 children on the other hand it will become essential to add a certain amount of participation. A person without children will have as much time to devote to common tasks as a parent. I point out that beyond 4 children things are likely to get seriously complicated.
It is expected that everyone can flourish in what they want to undertake. Each skill and desire must be able to be exploited through tasks and the creation of associations / companies.

Insofar as another member joins the group, an inhabitant will have the possibility of leaving us by directly recovering the money that he will have put in the common project. The money paid by the new inhabitant will be returned to the starter at the height of his participation at a limit of 20.000. If the sum provided by the newcomer does not equal that to be paid, the payments made by the latter will be returned to him until the sum in question is reached. If the cooperative has the opportunity, it will directly return part or all of the difference. The goods put in common by this one, will of course be recoverable. If the community has the necessary money available, it will not be necessary for the member to wait for the arrival of a newcomer to recover the money that he has put into the joint project. I specify that the periodic departures will be possible.

Decisions will be taken on a higher scale of equality than the so-called "democratic" majority. A majority of 51 percent will not be considered sufficient. Everyone will have the right and the duty to make their opinions known (justified, personal and justified) when they are necessary for decision-making. This implies an effort of minimum interest and reflection. (I would specify that "neither for nor against" is an opinion which can count as such as soon as it remains founded and personal) Each week or fortnight will take place a meeting at which each member must be present. At any time outside of these, others may be organized, necessary for making important or / and urgent decisions.

It is out of the question that a special place should be reserved for religious beliefs. They will simply be considered as they define themselves, ie "beliefs". All propaganda is to be avoided, all the more if it opposes the ethics defined here. On the other hand, the simple freedom of expression keeps well on an essential place, and this, whatever the topic approached. Is it really necessary to specify it.

A cooperative will be used for the maintenance of all of the commons, and for the purchase of the necessary supplies as well as the food that we could not produce ... Each month a sum must therefore be paid by the members. The profits from the sales of our agricultural surpluses will be added to this.
We will sell our agricultural surpluses in the surrounding markets as well as in the building industry. We will buy our missing needs from local productions and stores.

I also define the word "ecovillage" as a group of people who help each other in their individual (I know it seems contradictory) and common independence.

II. EDUCATION

SCHOOL:
It would be desirable for the parents to learn the school program at home. Parents could ask for help from other members who are comfortable teaching certain subjects, for example. Or even, the schooling of all the children could be ensured by one or more voluntary members in one or two classes fitted out in the building. In all cases our children will be in contact with other nearby resident children. This is not an ecovillage project that is withdrawn and removed from all civilization! So it would undoubtedly be good for the children to go and spend a moment in the school of national education, for their personal experience. Once they are grown up, it may be necessary for them to join a school specializing in the field where they would like to develop. Members wishing to put their children to school are entirely free to do so.

REAL LIFE:
As far as possible, each member will naturally have to pass on his knowledge to the one who requests it (according to "mutual assistance" appearing in the paragraph on ethics) and this particularly applies to children. Each member must pass on his gifts to the children in the group who will come to see him. In addition, occasionally a member (or a group of members), may themselves organize a course on a subject they master. I am not talking about what goes into the school curriculum but about learning "real" life. Make a piece of furniture, repair a bike, make a fire, play an instrument, cook, etc ... but also cultural and ethical knowledge.

“The right to educate children is one of the most fundamental. It is only this legal process that can avoid formatting and therefore encourage diversity of thinking. The current system promotes stagnation, by all means. "

III. FIELD

Located near a water point, the (agricultural) land must be large enough to settle there, cultivate enough to live on and practice all leisure activities and businesses / associates. Sufficiently large also in anticipation of future children and the possible arrival of some new members. So at least 50ha. Land isolated enough not to suffer the inconvenience of a busy road. It is imperative that the land be provided with a building at least in ruins to be able to legally install fitted buses, yurts or hard constructions on "agricultural" land. It will be quite expensive therefore but the ruin can be partially renovated to serve as habitat at first. Then this building will serve as a local selling products of members' associations / companies as well as common places (multipurpose room, stock, discount agricultural tools, ...). Let us count a minimum of 180.000 for the land with housing to renovate.
It will take 15 to 20.000 euros per member for the entire project (excluding private property), at least 5000 of which must be immediately available for the purchase of the land and the common building. Then for those who have not paid 20.000, a sum must be paid each month until this figure is reached. At first, for members who cannot or do not want to settle immediately, there will be the possibility of living in the building. The sole pretext of having paid the 5000th minimum will not be able to justify a too long absence while on the spot others will give themselves full time in the realization of the common project. The payments will be made through an SCI.

IV. THE PLACE

If possible far from big cities and polluting industrial activity areas, preferably in a hilly corner. Located in the south of France, region to be determined.

V. COMMON GOODS

One or two small diesel cars used as diesel minibuses for group trips and transport of loads. Long-term use of electric vehicles.

Building:
A multipurpose room: meeting room, dining hall, multimedia, library containing shared books / magazines / docs (adults & children). One or two school classes. A workshop containing tools (excluding agricultural tools) also shared. A tool room specially dedicated to agricultural work. An activity room for children. As well as the batteries necessary for the energy needs of these common places for times of low wind. A large round table where everyone would gather in the evenings to eat and talk, a small stage a little further away for possible exhibitions (music, show, or films / photos by overhead projector on canvas) let's say a multimedia space. The land (so the field, the orchard and the rest of the space) will be common. A large round table for summer meals as well as a shared kitchen room dedicated to these outdoor meals. Obviously, everyone is free to eat at home, at the table, in the multi-purpose room (the cold half of the year or in rainy weather) or anywhere else with whom they want and when they wish. All personal property shared by members will remain their property if they so wish. They will keep a priority option. The goods purchased by the community will belong to all of its members. The wind turbine will be shared and will serve everyone's energy needs. Individual batteries will therefore have to be acquired by each member to meet their personal and specific energy needs when the wind turbine will not be able to meet them. The associated companies will have to go beyond a certain consumption, to bring their own wind turbine bought jointly or each one its own means of energy production.

VI. PRIVATE GOODS

Each member will be able (and will have a minimum) to share personal goods likely to help the project to its accomplishment ... the community has its development. They will remain his property and he will have priority over it. Example: kitchen equipment, tools, documentation, leisure / cultural equipment, etc.

HOUSING:
On agricultural land, fixed constructions are not supposed to exceed 20m2 or 40m2 with canopy. If that remains insufficient, nothing prevents to build several one against the other, connected by corridors, underground even why not. Civic disobedience can also be considered. For light housing such as equipped buses for example, the law allows 35m2. The hard constructions must be made using ecological and / or recycled materials. Batteries must be acquired by each member to meet their personal and specific energy needs in times of low efficiency of the wind turbine when the wind turbine will not be able to meet them.

BUSINESS / ASSOCIATIONS:
The theme of each business, association, must respect a minimum the ethics of the community. The implementation and monitoring of each business will be discussed and decided by all members whether they are part of it or not. They can either be located next to the home of its creator or in a place reserved for associates / companies. They can be created for several naturally. The money, the strengths, the infrastructure they generate must not be disproportionate. Above 40m2, a maximum area will be determined. The goal being above all to be self sufficient and to take advantage of a free and natural space, it is not a question of creating an industrial zone! And this even if the companies in question participate in their orientation to saving the planet. Another piece of land will then have to be invested. If the size of the room is not sufficient, the association / company can be divided into several rooms making up the poles. Each member creating a business / association, will have to involve in priority the members who wish it before going to seek labor outside the community (as far as possible). The premises must be built at the expense of members on the initiative of these projects. The associated companies will have to bring the batteries necessary for their needs. From a certain consumption, the associates / companies will have to subscribe for a new wind turbine which will be reserved for them or else each will acquire a means of energy production sufficient to meet their needs. Each person's income must represent a percentage of the rents of all equivalent companies. From a certain amount, the creators will be entitled to the surplus (if there is) of the annuities of their company / association. Each member has a say in the companies / associates, whether they are creators, employees or non-employees. It will not be a question of favoring one enterprise over another on the sole criterion of profit. Let this be clear, everyone has the right to their development and diversity is to be encouraged. The criteria which could lead to decide to question the existence of one of our companies / associates, would be for example: a drift of its objectives defined at its creation in a direction opposite to the ethics of the group, or else if this one puts another in danger, ... The associations / companies that will need people from the outside or raw material will address the locals as a priority, thus promoting relocation, rather than globalization.

OTHER:
Everyone is free to hold the goods they want, as soon as they are responsible and that they respect the freedom of other members to a minimum through their use. The purchase of local goods or at least from non-globalist or ethical companies is highly recommended.

VII. THE EXPENDABLES

ENERGIE:
A wind turbine, and other more secondary alternatives particularly suited to specific uses such as solar collectors for water heating, or sunflower oil for transport, or even ecogas,…. All this in order to achieve autonomy at 100 ° /. long term (means of transport included).

WATER:
It is imperative that there is a water point nearby or that it can be drawn from the ground in sufficient and sustainable quantity for everyone's needs. This water must be (or can be made) healthy enough to be used for washing and drinking. This implies means of testing and treating water. Rainwater collector. Vegetable filters.

FOOD:
Growing vegetables, cereals and fruits for an autonomy of 50 ° /. medium term (80 ° /. long term and minimum). Members must necessarily love animals, and be able to do without meat or almost. Breeding hens for eggs (in freedom it goes without saying), cows for milk but also for field maintenance (mowing). Possibly other animals. All this will have to be defined in terms of means, capacities and priorities.

IIX. RESPONSIBILITIES a

Everyone must be sufficiently responsible for themselves, the others, their property, common goods, the environment. Everyone must lend themselves to common tasks according to their know-how, their areas of predilection, their capacities, their desires: cooking, maintenance, construction, repair, agriculture, etc. This also applies to leisure activities, occasional superfluous, just as essential to our daily comfort. Each person has something to contribute. Thus forming a set that will make the "identity" of each of these communities, societies, tribes, nations, eco-villages or sects, call it what you like.

IX. THE BIG JUMP

In addition to being a sufficient number for the purchase of land and building, it is imperative that the knowledge, gifts, capacities of each complement each other enough to form a set of varied and adapted skills, capable of getting started without difficulties. major. We will be able to ask less of the members arriving with dependent children.

“We are not made to live in a society of more than X individuals. Direct communication is no longer done. The use of communication / media tools is therefore inevitable. They are then monopolized and controlled by a handful of people representing the example to which they are to conform while they act in their sole interest without real awareness and responsibility. We then submit to an increasingly virtual and robotic system devoid of human meaning ... We are brought together, it divides us then the silver rules by laws that disempower and promote vice. "

Nils MIRANDOLA

TO CHANGE THE WORLD, IT IS NO LONGER TO BE A CITIZEN, BUT ITS PROR POLITICIAN. ACTING ACCORDING TO HIM AND HIS OWN MEANS
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 14/06/06, 20:52

Do you have a list of more or less autonomous ecovillage projects already existing? Since the time we see projects, they must exist, right?
0 x
lug
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

New on the forum

by lug » 26/10/06, 16:13

Let me introduce myself, lug, newcomer to the forum

The project is attractive, and we can complete it by building ecological houses from recycled materials.

I do not want to advertise here, I am the initiator in France of a new patented American process using patented material in construction.

The site is currently in English

http://www.customsuperhomes.com/bacchus

to comply with french laws and with the agreement of the owner of the patent, a swedish named dario busch, i have translated the pages of his site in french but have not for the moment the authorization to put it on line (copyright of site design)

the process could be installed in europe with factories under license, etc., if a minimum of 40 houses are under construction (to amortize the cost of transport)

Several copies of these houses are already built in the USA.

I deliver this for information and I am also in other programs that I am studying before translating them.
lug
0 x
for our children, let them cleaner air and land without waste
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/10/06, 18:13

Hi, lug (nice, ca!) :D

I went to take a look at the site and what they say on google. Be careful, it smells strongly of the pyramid marketing organization.
We immediately sense that the implicit message is "earn money by selling our houses"
And I'm not sure that this is easily adaptable to our urban planning and architectural standards
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
lug
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

custom homes

by lug » 28/10/06, 18:33

it is not pyramidal because the definition of the pyramid is quite different even at the level of the law, but it is a system which sells a patented product unique in the world (we can have additional info on the product for free by signing a confidentiality agreement on the site, in any case this opportunity is free)
it is not a pyramid, nor an mlm

succinct definition of pyramidal sales: it is a type of sale where you are asked to buy obligatorily a commodity without consideration as a right of entry into a company, without the possibility of joining for free, with a snowball effect

American standards astm and boca are higher than our European standards and as the name suggests these houses can be personalized

notable difference: the material (it is not brick, nor asbestos, nor concrete, nor stone, nor wood, that is all that I am allowed to reveal to you) cheaper than traditional materials because industrially manufactured and capable of being preformed

in this system, plans, personalized help are provided and also the collaboration of architects, licensed craftsmen, for the moment real estate agents in the united states because there is a (political?) blockage at the level of Europe
visit the site, it only engages your respect for the confidentiality of industrial secrets to find out more

lug
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: custom houses

by bham » 28/10/06, 19:57

lug wrote:notable difference: the material (it is not brick, nor asbestos, nor concrete, nor stone, nor wood, that is all that I am allowed to reveal to you) cheaper than traditional materials because industrially manufactured and capable of being preformed

When will you be "allowed" to reveal more to us ????

lug wrote:visit the site, it only engages your respect for the confidentiality of industrial secrets to find out more

I do not intend to leave my contact details on this site. The "respect for the confidentiality of industrial secrets to find out more". What are we playing here ?? I do not see how the fact of leaving them our coordinates will change anything with the confidentiality of the industrial secret. If they have had a good idea that they want to exploit, that they file a patent, that they sell exploitation licenses. Because for the moment, we do not know anything, neither the mechanical and thermal resistance, nor the binders, nor the manufacturing processes. For now, it seems to me a bit premature to advertise it.
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 28/10/06, 20:29

Hi Thunderman,

It's a very good initiative !
It sounds like utopia, nothing pejorative in there.
It seems that the goal is an autonomy and an "ecology" as great as possible and setting aside money in terms of trade between the ecovillageois.
What I didn't quite understand:
The ecovillageois will not have outside work? Will we pay taxes?

I suspect that the idea is at an embryonic stage and that everything could not be solved.

Is it possible to create an ecovillage in an existing village?
0 x
lug
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

operating licenses

by lug » 29/10/06, 14:34

the product is patented and there are operating licenses (called shop) but to find out more, you have to register on the site (it costs nothing to inquire)

there are blockages at the level of brussels and of course, that prevents the diffusion in France, but that is done in the United Kingdom or I make it known (I work a lot with the English speakers)

before I decide to promote this product in France, the owner "harassed me nicely" for 6 months because I don't want to post "scams"

I am "pro environmental builder" in this system

you must of course leave at least one email address even if it means blocking their emails afterwards because they have advanced security features to prevent spam (there are no emails by the shovel, to keep your registration you only have to visit the site once per month )

I have the personal phone number of the owner of the patent but I am bound by this agreement

I signed this confidentiality agreement and 130 people did like me, signed up for free and have the French translations of the site and I was never asked for money

for many sites, I am "stuck" by the fountain laws which prevent me from putting them in French (I am also a member of leagues which dispute that) to disseminate to the entire Francophonie

lug
0 x
Thunderman
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thunderman » 29/10/06, 16:46

iota wrote:Hi Thunderman,

It's a very good initiative !
It sounds like utopia, nothing pejorative in there.
It seems that the goal is an autonomy and an "ecology" as great as possible and setting aside money in terms of trade between the ecovillageois.
What I didn't quite understand:
The ecovillageois will not have outside work? Will we pay taxes?

I suspect that the idea is at an embryonic stage and that everything could not be solved.

Is it possible to create an ecovillage in an existing village?

The goal is to create our own companies / associates, as stated in the project. If that is enough to allow us to evolve, and that each one can be carried out, alone or in several .... I do not see the interest to remain slave of a boss.

It is possible to repopulate a ghost village, but it seems complicated, and in addition, the goal is to have small habitats therefore economical in energy .... It would be good + expensive, and it is difficult to find motivated people , but even harder to find motivated people with the minimum necessary savings ...
0 x