Habitat, a way of life to build on all scales

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
ghorm
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Habitat, a way of life to build on all scales

by ghorm » 29/03/06, 09:39

Hello everybody
I came across this morning for the first time forum and I went through it, suddenly, almost entirely. This is good, for once, a place where thoughtful remarks are in order and I take my hat off to all of you.

I launch a new topic which I hope will find its place here.
For several months I have been studying the issue of housing, not personal but in its grouping (perhaps the remains of town planning from my studies in architecture).

following numerous readings and researches, this is my observation;
Our cities are more and more compartmentalized and our countryside dismantled. By partitioned I mean the fact that in the city we only travel three times regularly. Work, work, racing and sometimes leisure. Almost all city dwellers make these trips daily, crossing each other.
Our cities are no longer on a human scale, they are partitioned into zones, housing, industry, commerce, etc.
note that nothing prevents the village from being glued to each other for the benefit of common development.

I am currently thinking about a concept of "towns" from 2000 to 4000 people in which almost all of the trips would be made on foot or by bicycle. Everyone living within 15min walk from their job and their place of supplies.

This requires an urban concept of a mix of activities and a change in lifestyle in the community. And a change in consumption mode or even work.

I therefore seek the opinions of the greatest number, especially in sociology, architecture, management of goods, in order to be able to think more and why not one day proposed a viable project ...
0 x
So much goes the jug in the water ...
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 29/03/06, 13:43

I fully agree with your concept to limit energy consumption you have to limit travel and it is true that the development of cities is done in the sim city
before in the villages we had everything nearby (baker, butcher, grocery store, mechanic, post ect ...) now we often have to do several km to do our shopping and we are almost obliged to own a car
even if the prices are doubled in a trade of proximity compared to a big surface I sometimes wonder if it will not be necessary to suppress the car and the cost which goes with (maintains, repair, pv, parking, fuel, insurance, renewal ) and do your shopping in small shops we would surely be a winner

the only possible way in my opinion for this small return back beneficial for the quality of life on earth would be to multiply the price of fuel by ten see by 100 ...
people would think a little more before taking their cases ...
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
Aguelok
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Aguelok » 13/05/07, 23:56

Telework is an interesting avenue : Idea:

The main objection commonly raised to the generalization of telework is as follows:
It seems difficult for both employers and employees to carry out their work from home.
What solution for those who cannot or do not want to work at home and to reassure worried bosses?
Create proximity telework centers, municipal for example.
Of course, not everything can be done remotely, but the shift in jobs to the tertiary sector, the massive use of IT in many professions and advances in network technologies (ADSL, WiMax, Satellite, etc.) allow now consider real changes in work habits.
Reducing transport means reducing accidents, pollution, lost time and energy, nervousness ...
This will also reduce the consumption of paper… (at least I hope so :? ) by accentuating the trend towards “dematerialization” of working documents. For the time being, many people persist in printing emails to get them through, or even archiving them in filing cabinets!
I believe that this kind of place would have its place in your "villages"
0 x
Aguelok
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Aguelok » 14/05/07, 00:06

I am looking for information on collective, community habitats, etc.
I want to found a habitat including private areas and common areas, to be shared between 3 to 6 "families".
I am particularly interested in stacked wood construction, HQE, renewable energies and rainwater recovery.
If you know of projects, examples close to my aspirations .... I am interested!
0 x
bolton069
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bolton069 » 14/05/07, 20:24

Hello,

I recently found on the net a book to download for free: "To put an end to the
automobile company "that might interest you,
it was produced by the organizers of several sites (antivoitures.free.fr, carfree.fr, ...) and presents models of existing neighborhoods, with little or no car traffic.

What I think would interest you the most is a concept of city ​​of 1.000.000 inhabitants, without car, whose maximum journey time between two points is 35 min.

Well, since you are talking about 3 to 6 families, we will have to reduce the ambitions of the initial project a little : Mrgreen:, but that could perhaps give you some ideas to apply, for the transport part of your project, you never know !!!

8)

Link to the book here: To end the automobile society
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 15/05/07, 09:36

yes I had read this paper a while ago. Very interesting !
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 27/10/07, 13:27

Tf1, at 13 p.m. + - broadcast on green buildings
It is now :D
0 x
greg33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

group housing

by greg33 » 27/10/08, 15:02

Do you know the eco-hamlet made in Haute Garonne developed by M. Plassard.
The bearing straw walls seem to me the solution to make the passive house ecological and economical. Raw earth providing additional thermal inertia.
My blog gives a lot of information on Girondine building land. http://www.lamaisondurable.com

Aguelok wrote:I am looking for information on collective, community habitats, etc.
I want to found a habitat including private areas and common areas, to be shared between 3 to 6 "families".
I am particularly interested in stacked wood construction, HQE, renewable energies and rainwater recovery.
0 x
To act by building ecological
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 27/10/08, 21:41

Hello everybody

I need to take a long look in my references to find the links on everything that is asked there but the subject is fascinating.

For the mixed housing of aguelok, I recommend visiting the different sites on straw architecture: they often have community attitudes. Otherwise, architectural works from the collection anarchitecture, such as shelters, and Architectures without architects. Otherwise there is the CAUE of the region which will give you the main community-type operations in your region.

For the question of highly mixed urban planning, the members of carfree trips of less than 35 minutes. By bicycle or mobile bike, this is equivalent to 9 to 18 kilometers. Let me see, a city 18 kilometers in diameter: 254 km², with a density of 150 inhabitants / ha for a moderately dense but pleasant city (Vauban district, Friborg), we have some 3 inhabitants !?
Good in practice, we forget that the Vauban district, it needs food, goods processing centers, and offices (yes, they are essentially a residential area). So we can count on housing densities three to ten times lower: 15 to 50 inhabitants / ha, 381 to 000 inhabitants. These figures give generally agreeable scales (Strasbourg, Nantes, ...) but they nonetheless remain largely above what the Slow-cities movement recommends.
In the slow-food suite, there is a whole movement that is organized around slowness. If slow-food makes us rediscover the seasons, slow-cities makes us rediscover the social bond of medium and small cities: less than 65 inhabitants, or with 000 inhabitants / ha, a city of 16 to 3 kilometers in diameter. It is quickly crossed by bike, a little less on foot. But medium-sized cities of this type can even be denser, extra-municipal agricultural activities serving several municipalities ...

There are many experiments on this subject, I just think that we must think about reintegrating in a significant way the food pillar in the city: agriculture and the living.
The question of the link to the living opens on the notion of ecological footprint: what we need to provide for all our needs (including technological infrastructure), and dispose of our waste.
Today a Parisian with an ecological footprint greater than 5 ha. If in the center of Paris they have a housing density of 400 inhabitants / ha, that means that it takes more than 2000 ha to supply or cancel the waste of each hectare of the Parisian heart !? Is that density ?!
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: grouped habitat

by Woodcutter » 27/10/08, 22:28

greg33 wrote:Do you know the eco-hamlet made in Haute Garonne developed by M. Plassard.
The bearing straw walls seem to me the solution to make the passive house ecological and economical. Raw earth providing additional thermal inertia.
My blog gives a lot of information on Girondine building land. http://www.lamaisondurable.com

Aguelok wrote:I am looking for information on collective, community habitats, etc.
The person you are talking to posted 2 messages a year and a half ago and has never returned since ... : roll:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"