Passive house

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Managers
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Passive house

by Managers » 01/02/06, 17:24

Archives of France Inter - Saturday January 14, 2006

Passive house

It is 29 degrees in the house ... while we are in the middle of winter! Open the windows! This scene seems anti-ecological and yet we are in a passive house, a house in which there is no heater. The building faces south with large bay windows. Little or no opening in the North where evergreen trees are planted to protect from the wind.
The foundation, the floors, the walls and the roof are insulated. The windows are triple glazed filled with argon to ensure good insulation.
Jean Louis Bal is the director of renewable energy at ADEME.
"- The need for heating is so low that the direct solar gains are sufficient added to the heat released by the occupants of the house. It is the heat of the metabolism: each of us gives off about 100 watts. We have others sources of heat inside a house: these are electrical appliances. All this electrical energy ends up in heat. All this is enough to heat the house.
Experiments have been carried out in the Nordic countries. In Sweden, for an outside temperature of minus 3 degrees, it was plus 29 degrees inside the house and for minus 21 degrees outside, we still had 22 degrees inside the house! "
Domestic hot water is produced by solar water heaters.
The additional cost can reach 15% but once built, the house does not cost anything. "We don't have a heating bill" say the Swedes who live in one of the 20 passive houses in a district of Goteborg. In Switzerland, the concept is extremely successful: a quarter of new buildings are built without heating.

On the Web :
Goteborg 2050 project: http://www.goteborg2050.nu/
Passive house, Scandinavia: http://www.scanhome.ie/
Passive house, Switzerland: http://www.minergie.ch/
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 01/02/06, 18:01

Actually it's called passive solar ...... it's me that I tried to do (see subject "bio-climatic house") .......... but without any other contribution than the sun, don't dream, not where I still live.

This afternoon, it was like that at home, in the veranda it can go up to 50 ° C if we are not careful ..... beware of green plants !!

It needs a backup which can become the main heating when the sun is absent. For example here in Auvergne at 400 m altitude and near a river + Allier, there is fog until more than noon sometimes, as this morning.
It can happen that the weather is good on the Sancy mountains all day and covered here we do not see the sun of the day.

This evening I restarted my gas boiler and the ground will slowly rise in temperature (inertia). My automatic regulator is HS for the moment I regulate "by hand".
I will soon send photos to the forum in the subject "my bio-climatic house" : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Managers
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Managers » 01/02/06, 18:12

When it is hot outside the "passive house" is designed in such a way that it does not become a real furnace.

This type of construction requires extreme rigor in the choice of materials, in the design ... for the moment there is no company in France offering this type of construction.

Summer and winter the temperature is good inside and especially the air is always very healthy

Small prenthèse: I have a business creation project in Angers and around (city very engaged in ecology ... see living room of the wooden house - http://www.salon-maison-bois.com/) but I lack the means ... a market study is also necessary, but I am sure that if we offer this type of construction without a heating system, there will be takers.

I think it's the future given the energy crisis that is brewing - http://www.peakoil.net - http://www.oleocene.org/index.php?page=newsletter
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 01/02/06, 18:39

I understand, but when there is no sun for several days and it is at least 10 ° c outside, how can you dream that the interior will not cool down ........ it's impossible. It is not the heat given off by a few people and a few electrical devices that can compensate for the losses.

What is very effective is the turf roof on a layer of soil; they didn't invent anything, old houses in Norway were covered like that.

I have studied these passive solutions a lot, including a concrete "wall" which stores the heat and then releases it, despite everything in all the examples I have seen, there is always an auxiliary heating: fireplace, wood stove ..etc but without ANYTHING I can't believe it. At home, I did not put a VMC, because the wood regulates humidity very well inside.

It is impossible to avoid losses, because in any case, you have to ventilate from time to time.

Where I would believe it more is a passive house well buried in the North, facing due South with solar collectors which store hot water in large tanks and which restore this hot water in low temperature underfloor heating .

As far as I'm concerned, I hope to lower my energy bill the day I have 40 m2 of solar collectors (it's not tomorrow) and I will store hot water to restore it in the underfloor heating temperature.

I will read the ADEME document in detail and ask them questions. : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Passive House

by nlc » 01/02/06, 22:07

Manager wrote:"We have no heating bill," say the Swedes, who live in one of the 20 passive houses in a district of Gothenburg.

It would have been fun if they said: "However, we have air conditioning bills, because we are too hot". : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
Managers
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Managers » 02/02/06, 15:14

we are impatiently waiting for what ADEME will have told you jean63 : Cheesy:

I hope that these will be concrete answers and not the tongue-in-cheek.
0 x
Lounet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Lounet » 03/02/06, 18:16

Yes, well the air should not be renewed often in this house !!
0 x
Asgard bone tyr
My R21 Pantone on TF1 :)
My R21 Pantone on TF1 :)

by Asgard bone tyr » 03/02/06, 19:28

Normally with bio climatic concept there should be no problem of air renewal!
Ptetre that it was said elsewhere but technically, the best passive house is the house in a bale of straw!
Ecological, economical, healthy, Produced locally and by everyone ...
Because, a chemical and expensive passive house, sorry but we must not push the same in the nettles !!! : Evil: Between chemical and natural, Granny and I prefer ... : Idea: STRAW :!:
AND worse with the straw, the house breathes NATURALLY! : Mrgreen:
And when it is destroyed, it returns to the earth by itself!
If someone helps me I can send a great documentary on the subject !!!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 04/02/06, 00:07

Yes, I want your doc on the straw ...... but not by mail (no cost for you), if you have it via internet OK. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/02/06, 00:19

jean63 wrote:Yes, I want your doc on the straw ...... but not by mail (no cost for you), if you have it via internet OK. : Mrgreen:

Uh ... if you haven't read it yet: https://www.econologie.com/la-paille-en- ... s-886.html
Last edited by Christophe the 26 / 02 / 15, 15: 08, 2 edited once.
0 x