Eco cladding protection for Douglas?

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
chris34
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Eco cladding protection for Douglas?

by chris34 » 06/12/11, 19:43

Hello !

our little wooden house being almost finished, the cladding just installed, now comes the question of its protection: of course we want to protect the cladding (in Douglas) with the +++ natural protection possible. I was thinking of pure flaxseed oil, but apparently it is not very "hard".
I have seen other products that seem quite expensive ...

who would have one (or several :D ) idea (s) ???

Thank you 1000 times in advance !!

Chris
0 x
St1ngy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by St1ngy » 26/12/11, 20:23

Borax with water, some add boric acid ... I do not know if it's essential.

It's natural but not OK for huts or niches.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/12/11, 22:36

Well, boric acid is what we use to kill fleas in carpets, right?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jean-mtp
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jean-mtp » 05/01/12, 11:45

Hello,
you can find linseed oil that gives the oil a hardening property. Chinese wood oil is naturally hardening and does not darken over time. The ideal is still to apply protection providing UV protection (presence of pigments). you can see Oléobois oils on the side.
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"