Yurts and French legislation

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Yurts and French legislation

by titus02 » 29/10/05, 14:07

Hello

I am very interested in the manufacture of a yurt which would serve me temporarily or in parallel to the construction of a dwelling in cob or straw or the provision of a troglodyte.

if I buy unserviced land and relatively set back from other habitats, do I risk "interference" from any administration (town hall, land use planning)
etc etc ....) I also plan to develop at the same time an old caravan which would serve as a "shower + dry toilet", same question?

and why not a small room of less than 20m2 to store my tools and possibly a temporary generator (for work) same question?

a priori a room of - 20m2 + two mobile homes = I ask nothing of anyone and I am left alone, but that seems too good to me.
qq having experience or good knowledge of law can he inform me?
thank you in advance
0 x
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 30/10/05, 17:27

0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 31/10/05, 10:26

answer to titus8

I do not have specific information to provide but just advice: have good relations with the administrations, in particular the local administrations (town hall, community of communes ...) which are often managed in an autochratic way. I have in mind an example of a mayor who, for an old story, placed a sign "prohibition of movement for all vehicles" on the access road to a property. Systematic verification of owners and suppliers etc. Result: no project possible, resale impossible, almost bankruptcy, litigation galore and white hair before time.
0 x
DavidHervé
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by DavidHervé » 02/11/05, 10:34

I too have been thinking for quite some time now about the possibility of buying a yurt to make it my main habitat for the year, which is a little different from your case.
A short time ago by researching another subject on Lexis-Nexis (legal database)
I came across a 2003 decision concerning an inhabitant of the eastern Pyrenees.
Here is the abstract and the summary

Abstract

Criminal law on town planning, non-compliance with rules relating to building permits, Construction without a building permit, article L 480 4 of the Town Planning Code (C.URB), release (no), new construction, construction of a yurt, light removable structure, article L. 421 1 of the Town Planning Code (C.URB), durability of the construction (yes), wooden structure covered with cotton canvas, surface of 25 m2, wooden floor wood, access by a wooden door, place of residence of the defendant, sustainable and permanent construction subject to obtaining a building permit (yes), cause of non-liability, criminal responsibility (yes), article 122 3 of Criminal Code (C.PEN), error in law (no), lack of insurmountable nature, uncertainty as to the legal classification of the yurt, good faith (no), knowledge of the position of the administration, unlawfulness of the construction denounced by the Departmental Equipment Directorate (DDE), infi rmation.

Public action, construction without a building permit, Penalty, fine = 1500 euros, restoration of places under penalty, period of restoration = 3 months, penalty = 50 euros per day late, invalidation.

Summary

The light structures that can be dismantled fall within the scope of the building permit as defined by article L. 421-1 of the Town Planning Code as soon as their location has a certain durability. In this case, the yurt put in place by the defendant, with an area of ​​25 m2, consists of a wooden structure covered with a cotton canvas; it is placed on a wooden floor and is accessed by means of a wooden door. In addition, the accused stated that it was his place of residence. It follows that this yurt, although removable, presents, because of its destination, the character of a durable and permanent construction and, therefore, is subject to obtaining a building permit. In addition, it should be clarified that the error on the right invoked by the defendant is not insurmountable as required by article L. 122-3 of the Penal Code since he was aware of the position of administration. Indeed, the uncertainty invoked as to the legal classification of the yurt he had installed could only lead him, if he was in good faith, to refrain from maintaining this structure, including the Departmental Directorate of equipment had denounced the illegality.

Previous Decision

PERPIGNAN High Court June 27, 2002

Cited codes

Criminal Code, article L. 122-3
Criminal Code, article 122-3
Town planning code, article L. 421-1
Town planning code, article L. 480-4

If you are interested I can send you the full judgment in pdf, I do not put it online because there are proper names.

For the record it seems that the person accused is reported by a DDE agent,
which basically means that for me it was reported by a neighbor, because the DDE does not travel all the country roads for fun.

What led the judge to deliver his judgment was the sustainability of the habitat, which in this case required a building permit.

Suffice to say that it cools us down a bit with my wife to find land

: Angry:
0 x
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titus02 » 02/11/05, 21:33

super good news !!

thank you for the clarification !

that said the yurt is a movable structure in one day, an office displacement every 3 months
(why not take the opportunity to install it in the best place depending on the season, as not example
under a tree in summer, wedged in a fold of land in winter etc) the whole photo in support would be enough to be
to circumvent the law (if we can not change it we can only try to circumvent it).

more it seems to me that below 120m2 (more or less) a permit is not compulsory but fair
a declaration of work.

and (if possible obviously) why not be invited by friends with a large plot but
unfortunately not having enough space to stay with them? it's pulled by the hair but we do what we can.

thank you again, good luck.
0 x
I prefer a stupid who walks than three seated intellectuals (thank you Audiart).
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titus02 » 02/11/05, 21:40

Hello again

in the genre even more pull by the hair, can we consider a construction in the form of
"inverted cone" whose base would be less than 20m2 (no declaration) but which thanks to its shape
going widening would ultimately offer good living space ???

it is sure that from the construction point of view it would be cotton but it would be worth it (what is the
law urges us to invent as rantings to have peace!)

bye
0 x
I prefer a stupid who walks than three seated intellectuals (thank you Audiart).
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 02/11/05, 22:22

It seems to me that it is below 20m² that a declaration of work and no building permit is required, and below 120m² the assistance of an architect is not compulsory, the plan of an individual is admissible.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titus02 » 03/11/05, 09:19

Hello

Thank you again, I have a lot of trouble finding my way through the maze of regulations
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 03/11/05, 14:08

titus02 wrote:that said the yurt is a movable structure in one day, an office displacement every 3 months

It's not enough, you can imagine.

On the other hand, the legal costs are generally charged to the one who is sentenced: it is enough that the trial lasts a little and you could buy yourself a palace, a real one, with this money.
0 x
titus02
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titus02 » 03/11/05, 14:16

thank you for these details, that said I believe that even if I could afford to buy a real palace it is
not the kind of trip that would connect me.
for the costs charged to the person who is paid for, it seems to me that this is called being paid for "to depends"

but then what to do to have peace somewhere? emigrate to the moon? it's been thirty years that the corner is quiet but it will not last either
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"