Disappearance of flowers and bees in the fields

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Disappearance of flowers and bees in the fields

by dedeleco » 21/04/10, 01:48

The 6 Sunday evening and Tuesday presents:
soon it will be necessary to go to a garden center to seek the seeds of the old wild flowers disappeared from the fields in France thanks to herbicides.
There will only be bees and beekeepers in cities far from the countryside crammed with pesticides and herbicides!
The herbicides stop at the France Germany border on 5cm !!!
Amazing!
Eat organic emergency!
0 x
ecologicreation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ecologicreation » 21/04/10, 02:11

Bonsoir

All the campaigns are not "full of pesticides", fortunately, some corners are still preserved and at home, I find that this year there are many more foragers (bees, bumblebees ...) than the other years, ditto for auxiliaries and butterflies (I count butterflies for Noah conservation, butterflies and gardens). It is also true that there are many more "wastelands" in our area as well as cows and sheep farms than there are crops.

expensive
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 25/04/10, 08:17

it's true, this year, few bees and a few "hornets"

for meadow flowers, I opted for 3 years ago to mow with a small motor mower and lay the mower down
so I wait until the grass is tall and the flowers have time to flourish and make their seeds, the bees also benefit all the more since I do not put fertilizer
come, come, little bees .........
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 25/04/10, 10:51

https://www.econologie.com/forums/apiculture ... t8101.html

some ornamental plants are so sweet that it attracts a lot of pollinating insects

for my fruit trees I chose the sunflower

it's crazy how many squatters come

a real highway petrol pump

dedeleco wrote:
soon you will have to go to a garden center to look for the seeds of the old wild flowers that have disappeared from the fields

http://www.fsagx.ac.be/
the agricultural faculties of Gembloux (Belgium) keep certain wild varieties

st kita give greetings to Monsanto

I would like to add that the gases we emit are neurotoxic for certain animals not used to living in gas air
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Disappearance of flowers and bees in the fields

by moinsdewatt » 19/03/16, 14:11

Banning neonicotinoids gives beekeepers some hope (France)

MEPs voted to ban neonicotinoid insecticides, nicknamed "bee killers", from September 1, 2018. Beekeepers are satisfied with this measure even if it comes a bit late for them. The profession has been devastated by bee mortality.

By Christine Hinckel on 18/03/2016

Insecticides from the neonicotinoid family have a harmful effect on the nervous system of bees that die in very large numbers. Mortality is between 50% and 100% even in some hives. Consequence: honey production has collapsed in France going in 20 years from 40 tonnes to 000.

Three-year afterglow in the ground

Beekeepers today say they are victims and even if this measure voted by the National Assembly gives them hope, they remain lucid. It will take many years before the traces of these insecticides really disappear.
"These products have a persistence in the soil of three years. It will be necessary to wait until 2021 at best to find a semblance of nature which is suitable for bees. We hope that there will be no other harmful substitutes for 'here there' estimates Christian Giraudet, president of the beekeeping union 17.

S. Royal: "Possible effects on humans"

Ségolène royal, Minister of Ecology is also delighted with this measure. "I am delighted that France is preparing its future and protecting health and pollinators," she wrote in a statement adding that "research and manufacture of substitute products must be accelerated, and in particular the work of the INRA ((National Institute of Agricultural Research).

"Recent scientific studies reveal a possible effect of neonicotinoids on the brain development of human beings", she recalls. "We know these effects and we must have the courage to apply the precautionary principle."

http://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/ ... 55305.html
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/04/16, 18:53

There is an extraordinary and perfectly Manichean thing here: on the one hand industrial farmers subservient to chemicals and on the other poor "green" beekeepers, victims of the first and defenders of nature and of small birds!
Let's stop this deplorable caricature: the methods of intensification and crypto-industrialization appeared in beekeeping before spreading in agriculture.
If the influence of agricultural chemistry is undeniable, it is only one of its factors and the methodology of beekeeping explains that hive mortalities are also observed in regions little affected by the substances in question. a little easily (because it is easier to make others responsible, rather than to question).
In reality, beekeeping and agriculture currently operate according to the same scheme and therefore find their limits.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 13/04/16, 14:37

Ahmed wrote:There is an extraordinary and perfectly Manichean thing here: on the one hand industrial farmers subservient to chemicals and on the other poor "green" beekeepers, victims of the first and defenders of nature and of small birds!
Let's stop this deplorable caricature: the methods of intensification and crypto-industrialization appeared in beekeeping before spreading in agriculture.
If the influence of agricultural chemistry is undeniable, it is only one of its factors and the methodology of beekeeping explains that hive mortalities are also observed in regions little affected by the substances in question. a little easily (because it is easier to make others responsible, rather than to question).
In reality, beekeeping and agriculture currently operate according to the same scheme and therefore find their limits.
+1
Even the amateur favors productivity over the preservation of the native black bee of our regions.
Recreational beekeeping must be aware of the dangers it poses in the survival of the bee, but not only! Professional beekeeping, which tends to survive, trades its ancestral practices for practices that are not viable in the long term, and the instability of "industrial bees" is revealing of a serious problem, the first effects of which are beginning to be felt with diseases or contagions directly imported with queens and swarms coming from countries (including the European community), where winters are almost absent.
Hobbyist beekeepers are too often guided and asked to start their activity with bees called "easy" but not adapted to their environment of origin and, when one of them asks the question, he is often answered that "l 'black bee no longer exists "and it is better anyway to buy bees of this or that other subspecies because they sting less, produce more honey and other sales pitches from importers or businessmen.
http://www.abeille-et-nature.com/index.php?cat=vie-des-abeilles&page=sauvegarde_abeilles
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 14/04/16, 11:24

izentrop wrote:Even the amateur favors productivity over the preservation of the native black bee of our regions.

My brother started it recently and is clearly in this perspective, although he is a little more aware of the concerns and uses an approach that does not aim for performance took everything (unlike some in his association or it is pesticide and excessive feeding).

I don't know much about it, but using the local black bees instead of the breeds usually considered (like buckfast) seems interesting to me, I'll take a look, thanks for the link ^^
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 12/08/16, 23:06

2016: a catastrophic year for honey

August 12, 2016

"This will be one of the worst years of French beekeeping in terms of harvest. We are very worried about the survival of certain farms", Henri Clément, spokesperson for UNAF, was alarmed on Tuesday August 9 on France Info. "We are on a loss of half to two thirds of the honey harvest compared to 2015, which was an average year, not exceptional" quantified the spokesperson for the National Union of beekeepers of France. According to him, in 2016, beekeepers will only harvest 10.000 tonnes of honey in France. This is almost half less than in 2015, when the harvest was between 17.000 and 18.000 tonnes. "The spring harvests (rapeseed, acacia, thyme ...) were almost non-existent" he explains. And the summer harvests on which the beekeepers were counting to rectify the situation "did not live up to our expectations". Reason for this situation? "A very cold and very rainy spring" which prevented certain flowers from blooming, and hampered the insects in their exploration.

France, which consumes 40.000 tonnes of honey each year, will therefore have to rely heavily on imports from European countries.

http://www.sciencesetavenir.fr/nature-e ... -miel.html
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 14/08/16, 01:04

The Constitutional Council ratified, on August 4, 2016, the article of the law on biodiversity providing for the ban of neonicotinoids in 2018. http://www.lafranceagricole.fr/actualit ... 73555.html
https://www.senat.fr/espace_presse/actu ... sages.html
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"