Food and oil: 2L eat oil per day!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Christophe

Food and oil: 2L eat oil per day!

by Christophe » 30/11/09, 14:34

The diet because it can affect the survival, is a sensitive issue when we talk of ecology, energy and soil pollution ... and more when talking about CO2 ...

And because of the difficulty and variety of products, it is quite difficult to find figures about this, so this topic is dedicated to try to shed some light on this.

This morning I viewed this video https://www.econologie.com/telechargeme ... -langlois/

Pierre Langlois speaks at the end of 2L per day of oil equivalent to the power supply.

Number I would like to check how but because the subject is too complex for it to be quantifiable ...

So I remembered that in a report on food that I had seen (or We feed the world, Our daily bread http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_g ... 12234.html ... or I do not know in which report ...): an interviewee said that it takes 10 calories "oil" (all use of oil combined) to make 1 calorie "human food".

So is that these figures 2, easy to remember, 2 L / day of oil and 10 1 to match?

Check it together!

a) 2L / day of oil = 2 40 000 * kJ = 80 000 kJ / day approximately.

b) report to 1 10.

It is known that a man should consume about 2000 CALORIES daily.

Note: these are GREAT CALORIES therefore KILO CALORIES. It's strange to not put k before but this is probably because the marketing ... kilo AC is never good nutrition ... :D

In short: so we need a 2000 kcal / day or 2000 * = 4.18 8400 kJ / day. Or must 10 times more calories oil and 84 000 we recover kJ / day.

We can therefore deduce that these 2 figures are fairly accurate since they correspond! Obviously given the disparity of foods available on the market: this is an average!

But all men who have enough to eat "eat" 2 L of oil per day and this every day of their life ...

About me it's much more than I consume oil to move me ...

We tend to forget this and focus on the car: what's on your plate may have a greater impact than what's in your car tank!

Warning ca not mean to do anything with his car but change his dietary habits can have more impact than leaving the car in the garage!
Last edited by Christophe the 10 / 01 / 12, 17: 19, 1 edited once.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 30/11/09, 20:15

Some answers if we can reduce energy use in these productions.

http://terresacree.org/viande.htm

A person to feed for ONE YEAR it is necessary:

* 2 ha per animal protein
* 0.16 ha with plant protein

It takes 16kg grain or soy to 1 single kilo of meat. With a decrease of 10% of meat consumption in the world, the hunger problem would be solved (38 000 starving children PER DAY).
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/11/09, 20:57

In the near future the question of increasing meat consumption is certainly crucial and affirmation:
With a decrease of 10% of meat consumption in the world, the hunger problem would be solved

is very theoretical (the opposite is probably more coherent), since the quantity of food produced is currently sufficient to meet the total needs, only the bad distribution is in question.
Yet it is she very abstract view since the solution is certainly not to produce in developed countries to redistribute then in impoverished countries, but to enable them to recover their food autonomy.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."