Garden located near a spring

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
jpr21270
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Garden located near a spring

by jpr21270 » 23/09/18, 19:47

Hello everybody
I will explain in a few lines the evolution of our garden located in gold coast at 20 km from Dijon.
During the month of September 2017, we spread 7 hay lengths of about 40 m, the first is parallel to a ditch or throws a small reservoir of water fed by a source (in fact, it is about an old wash house) and away from the moat from about 7 to 8 m. the other 6 are parallel to the first one.
In May 2018, we started to transplant zucchini feet and disaster the next twenty feet completely disappeared, guilty slugs, after reflection, we decided to spread the hay in a circle of 30 cm and transplanting another series of zucchini and spread slug pellets. This time our feet resisted a few days before being destroyed, we were in rainy weather and the problem seemed insoluble but we are stubborn and with the help of slug pellets and a little patience we managed to plant about 2 lines (we had more plants).
Then everything was wonderful, despite the drought, it did not rain in July and August, we never watered, we even harvested a squash of 15kg, I think the network of mushrooms under the earth goes look for water in the source.
The problem of slugs is likely to come next year and I thought of putting plastic rings around the plants during planting so that they could develop before being eaten and we spread a strip of hay along the moat with the hope that they will enjoy themselves and go no further.
Here is my question: should we put plants that attract them or the idea is bad and put plants that repel or nothing?
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Garden located near a spring

by Moindreffor » 23/09/18, 20:25

jpr21270 wrote:Hello everybody
I will explain in a few lines the evolution of our garden located in gold coast at 20 km from Dijon.
During the month of September 2017, we spread 7 hay lengths of about 40 m, the first is parallel to a ditch or throws a small reservoir of water fed by a source (in fact, it is about an old wash house) and away from the moat from about 7 to 8 m. the other 6 are parallel to the first one.
In May 2018, we started to transplant zucchini feet and disaster the next twenty feet completely disappeared, guilty slugs, after reflection, we decided to spread the hay in a circle of 30 cm and transplanting another series of zucchini and spread slug pellets. This time our feet resisted a few days before being destroyed, we were in rainy weather and the problem seemed insoluble but we are stubborn and with the help of slug pellets and a little patience we managed to plant about 2 lines (we had more plants).
Then everything was wonderful, despite the drought, it did not rain in July and August, we never watered, we even harvested a squash of 15kg, I think the network of mushrooms under the earth goes look for water in the source.
The problem of slugs is likely to come next year and I thought of putting plastic rings around the plants during planting so that they could develop before being eaten and we spread a strip of hay along the moat with the hope that they will enjoy themselves and go no further.
Here is my question: should we put plants that attract them or the idea is bad and put plants that repel or nothing?

Hello
it is not to be discourteous, but there is a slug special post open this year which has been particularly conducive to slugs, you will find your happiness
if not good the field with a source, goodbye water problems
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)