Rainwater recovery system in non-buildable land

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Rainwater recovery system in non-buildable land

by Carl » 21/10/17, 11:25

Hello everybody

I'm looking to build a rainwater recovery system in non-building land with a slight slope ...

Do you have any ideas, suggestions, examples or sources for me?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!
0 x
Adept of laziness and sensitive to the quality of what my family consumes, I wish to make a vegetable garden of the lazy!
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Rainwater recovery system in non-building land

by sicetaitsimple » 21/10/17, 13:55

Carl wrote:
I'm looking to build a rainwater recovery system in non-building land with a slight slope ...

Hello, what do you mean by "low slope"? Do you have runoff or not in case of rain?

I don't have a "recovery" solution to offer you, however it is obvious that you have to start by not losing water! Loose soil thanks to phenoculture will help infiltration, but if you have runoff, you can also be inspired by "bays" (see on the web) which are kinds of ditches parallel to the contour lines. In a vegetable garden, no need for ditches several dozen cm deep! But that still requires organizing your cultivation beds in a certain way (parallel to the contour lines) so that the work of creating and maintaining these "mini-ditches" around the beds remains limited but nevertheless effective.
0 x
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Lolounette » 22/10/17, 10:51

we could imagine multiple small recovery stations connected or not connected to each other of the kind: a barrel topped with a large inverted cone with a hole in the center which would allow the captured water to flow into the barrel ...

can the cone be made from recuperated polycarbonate triangles butted together with aluminum tape, a structure in plastic sheeting or plasticized canvas or even old umbrellas upside down? : Lol:

remains the bp of the wind and aesthetic rendering : Mrgreen:

basically something like that (imagining a barrel underneath in which the stone rests)
43021DBB-C5B0-4548-A411-B43541AD53E5.jpeg
43021DBB-C5B0-4548-A411-B43541AD53E5.jpeg (122.9 KB) Viewed 12126 times
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/10/17, 20:30

to recover clean water a construction is needed

not buildable?

a new revolution is needed

it makes me think that the majority of old stone buildings around my house have dates like 1820 ... just after the revolution ... a period when everyone took the right to build what they could without anything ask anyone

today it is absurd we complain about unemployment but we prohibit construction that would allow to work ... well we do not completely prohibit building but we impose constraints such that the result is almost the same as a ban
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/10/17, 21:27

Hello, make a pond with an EPDM tarpaulin. In addition it brings biodiversity http://www.terrevivante.org/70-creer-une-mare.htm
0 x
Mickaël
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Mickaël » 23/10/17, 14:52

we use systems with a corrugated sheet held by a wooden U which rests on cans. it's efficient, easy to do and you can do it with recycled materials.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/10/17, 18:37

I think we should be provided with the specifications! Otherwise, you will have answers going in all directions!

a) are you talking about a "lost" surface? In which case, indeed, we can deal with it in several ways ...

b) do you want to store a lot of water ??? Without losing any ??? For what use ???

The storage in the ground, by systems "forcing" the infiltration will be only weakly effective in our climates, because during the rainiest season, you will have a surplus, infiltration, leaching ... And during the growing season, under hay, nothing flows !!! So it's a waste of time.

On the other hand, if you want to fill a "system" during the winter season, to use it in summer, there are basically two methods: impluvium (a surface treated to collect rain: tarpaulins, sheets, concrete slabs) and marre or impluvium and cistern. One is green, contributes to biodiversity. But evaporates quite a bit. The other is more efficient but less biodiverse.

This, broadly speaking, is the framework for identifying the subject.
0 x
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Carl » 23/10/17, 19:12

Hello everyone and thank you very much for your feedback!

This would involve using part of the non-constructible land to be able to supply a tank of 1000l for example, which would serve to avoid the damage of a drought, or simply to start the seedlings which had just been sown.
After that, being in Brittany, I should be pretty safe from long droughts : Lol:

Regarding the slope, from memory I estimate it at around 1m / 500m ...

For the moment, I'm thinking of opting for the manufacture of a corrugated jail roof, connected to the tank.
0 x
Adept of laziness and sensitive to the quality of what my family consumes, I wish to make a vegetable garden of the lazy!
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/10/17, 19:18

Carl wrote:Hello everyone and thank you very much for your feedback!

Regarding the slope, from memory I estimate it at around 1m / 500m ...

It was my first question: "Hello, what do you mean by" low slope "? Do you have runoff or not in case of rain?"

Well, 1m / 500m, you can forget what I said!

It can possibly be used for others.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/10/17, 19:58

if the sheets have milk you have to milk them
0 x