A vegetable lazy in Charente-Maritime

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

A vegetable lazy in Charente-Maritime

by denis17 » 19/03/17, 18:05

Bonjour à tous
Small presentation of the garden: clay-humic clay limestone complex on about 20 to 30 cm on clay subsoil with some limestone and flint.
This land was originally a meadow where sheep were found 30 years ago. It then became a building field. The corner where my new vegetable garden is located was partly a traditional garden (beaker) but without any fertilizers or pesticides.
The set up was however lazy : Mrgreen: , since there was beforehand spreading a large pile of soil and a little compost on the future garden of 45m2, the unrolling of a haystack on 2/3 (and this is is not the most difficult) and finally the manufacture of brf.
20170225_182002 (0) .jpeg
At work on the brf

The rest later.
Denis
2 x
Did67

Re: A vegetable garden in Charente-Maritime

by Did67 » 19/03/17, 18:38

Welcome to the phenocultural club !!!

This perception of having "feedback" from various regions, various soils, various climates, various gardeners obviously excites me!
0 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by denis17 » 19/03/17, 20:16

I will talk about it in one of my future posts. And thank you for the welcome.
Denis
0 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by denis17 » 21/03/17, 19:51

And therefore, a lazy vegetable garden, why?
I have always had more or less a garden, never more than 50 m2, and often closer to 10m2. And even with years without. One of the main problem comes from the fact that I do not always take the time to take care of it, not always present, of other occupations ... and this cursed weed which invades all : Evil:
The discovery of Didier's vegetable garden made me want to go back to it, for its "relative ease" of implementation, for its management (putting in hay once a year, management of so-called weeds, etc. ...) and of course for its organic side which also gives back to the soil what has been taken from it for years.
There would still be, I think, more things to say, but I prefer action to a long speech. :P
Denis
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/03/17, 22:03

denis17 wrote:There would still be, I think, more things to say, but I prefer action to a long speech.

Well welcome and I look forward to hearing from you tell us about this first season.
0 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by denis17 » 21/03/17, 23:12

It will come, the garden will follow the evolutions of time : Wink:
Denis
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/03/17, 14:07

denis17 wrote:
The discovery of Didier's vegetable garden made me want to go back to it, for its "relative ease" of implementation, for its management (putting in hay once a year, management of so-called weeds, etc. ...) and of course for its organic side which also gives back to the soil what has been taken from it for years.

This makes me very happy because it is exactly one of the reasons why I "let go" [confs, videos, writings, visits to my house ...; it becomes demanding!]

As I meet people, I realize to what extent the "we say", the internet and its buzzers or even all the guides "lock" people in thoughts that make them believe that it is complicated ... A kind of "normalization" by a "sudden model" (whatever it is).

To the point that I wonder about the interest of putting a subtitle to my videos: the "liberated gardeners" "
0 x
denis17
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by denis17 » 22/03/17, 17:50

As I understand, "good old habits" die hard.
I talk about it around me, but most of the gardeners I have met do not feel the need to change, and those who want an organic garden only see mounds and other permaculture gardens.
Everyone to his own tastes. : Wink:
Denis
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 22/03/17, 18:28

denis17 wrote:As I understand, "good old habits" die hard.
I talk about it around me, but most of the gardeners I have met do not feel the need to change, and those who want an organic garden only see mounds and other permaculture gardens.
Everyone to his own tastes. : Wink:
Denis

Yes Denis, it's quite disappointing, I've been talking about it for a year now and the majority retort: ​​"but I know or I practice permaculture" And they leave it there without wanting to give it a try.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/03/17, 19:04

Alas, most people, while hiding from it, have a "religious approach" to things. They need priests who preach, a gospel, a dogma and a practice ...

There is no "rational" speech possible, faced with a "religion" ...

These reactions are therefore normal ... "Forgive them, they don't know what they are missing!"
2 x