Spouses Burgundians

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Eco-Challenge
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Spouses Burgundians

by Eco-Challenge » 09/12/16, 11:13

Hello to you !

I hope this will interest you enough to justify my post on the subject ...

Many know the Burgundian husband and wife, independent soil microbiologists, and their work. We did an interview with them (they are so taken that it is far from obvious) and on the subject of agroecology.

https://blog.defi-ecologique.com/interv ... stes-sols/

You knew them? Has anyone ever had the opportunity to meet them, or better, to work with them?
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Burgundian Spouses

by izentrop » 10/12/16, 13:17

I do not know them but their videos are often posted on the sites of permaculture enthusiasts.

There is a messianic side to Claude's discourse.
Like Rhabbi, he denounces the mistakes of agribusiness, but as solutions, biodynamic remedies ... BOF!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/12/16, 13:56

Bin they talk about (conservation or destruction depending on the case of) the biological activity of soils ... which is the foundation of the phenoculture developed by Didier here ... so in the background they are in the true!

So I am rather on their side even if their speech is often taken by extremists ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/12/16, 13:59

I had the opportunity to meet them several times, but without really knowing them. I think it's unfair to reduce their solutions to biodynamics; as for the "errors" of agribusiness, it is only with regard to criteria other than economic ...
The video of Burgundians gives a glimpse of the extraordinary microfauna of the soil ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 10/12/16, 14:10

izentrop wrote: biodynamic remedies ...

Is that so ??? It's new then ???

Examples?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/12/16, 14:14

Ahmed wrote:The video of Burgundians gives a glimpse of the extraordinary microfauna of the soil ...

Beyond the videos, their great merit is to have been for a long time the only ones to keep a consideration for the living mechanisms of the soil ...

Afterwards, I have, in terms of vegetable garden, some "practical" differences ... And, indeed, the "media circus", and its lack of nuances, its "Koh Lanta" effects, made around the couple me sometimes gave a little ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/12/16, 14:20

This is the ransom of a certain success: our society transforms everything into a spectacle, like the bees propolis all that disturb them ... Maybe you will be a victim too? : Lol:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 10/12/16, 14:33

1) You do well to warn me ... even if more than 60 years, it is probably late to become a star!

2) ... but we are all the same often a little consenting, at least "without knowing it of our own accord".
0 x
Swiss_Knight
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Swiss_Knight » 11/12/16, 09:31

izentrop wrote:I do not know them but their videos are often posted on the sites of permaculture enthusiasts.

There is a messianic side to Claude's discourse.
Like Rhabbi, he denounces the errors of agribusiness, but as solutions, remedies biodynamic ... BOF!

I don't know them personally, but I would still avoid talking about biodynamics in relation to what they do because they adopt above all a scientific approach with a rather acute critical sense and try to popularize as best they can. field which is not the simplest at the level of comprehension, whereas to have heard people "in biodynamics", their remarks approach more irrefutable absolute truths, dogmas and beliefs and put forward muddy arguments, an argumentation which never stands up even though they would involve scientific terms (on this subject, watch this video, it's very interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSI5IK8Lu8s or this site: http://www.charlatans.info/pseudoscience.shtml ) failing to say completely false, and appeal to indemonstrable notions or even to religious principles sometimes. Biodynamics is not a science. It's more like quackery.
In addition, we will perhaps avoid talking about that on a site called "econology" where there is "logic" inside. :D

For their "messianic" side, as you say, I don't quite agree.
They do not really make headlines like some politicians or businessmen and the environment in which they work is not the easiest for communication and information to the general public, on the one hand because agriculture suffers from a rather negative aura that is to change and on the other hand they are only two (!) and do with what they have as means ... so having no communication team or other, it's a bit raw release (but I think it's also what we like in their videos) and repetition may be better to get a message in this environment.

All that to say that it takes a certain notch in addition to a lot of knowledge and energy to try to move things in the right direction as they do. We can only emphasize their efforts in my humble opinion. Because there are not many like them, but every farmer would have to adopt much of what they know to make things really change. Not to mention the politics of today (...).
2 x
Eco-Challenge
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eco-Challenge » 12/12/16, 08:28

In fact, as far as the part on biodynamics is concerned, they often hold a scientific discourse, as mentioned above. Their positioning then becomes a "we do not understand everything in biodynamics, but helping results, we must remain open". Which I don't find totally funny.
0 x