Re: Potager du lazy in western France Bretagne-Pays de la Loire

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Mixieer56
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Mixieer56 » 30/11/16, 10:54

Hello,

Gardeners of the great west Brittany-Pays de la loire followers of the kitchen garden lazy or eager to know more can meet and exchange their experiences, questions, questions on this topic in this forum.

Sincerely

Small
1 x
"Make a mess of your garden and order your ideas!" Didier Helmstetter
Mixieer56
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Mixieer56 » 30/11/16, 13:44

Mixieer56 wrote:Hello,

Gardeners of the great west Brittany-Pays de la loire followers of the kitchen garden lazy or eager to know more can meet and exchange their experiences, questions, questions on this topic in this forum.

Sincerely

Small

All suggestions and proposals are good to take.
1 x
Mixieer56
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Mixieer56 » 01/12/16, 10:23

Hi, I'm a few dozen kms from 44 (near Muzillac).
I am starting in the concepts of the "garden of the sloth and the phenoculture" developed by Did67.
Moreover, I am of Parisian origin and known as such by farmers and other gardeners. This means if the first delivery of hay has questioned my neighbors. I had better luck with my pruner who is also employed by a food worthy. He practices permaculture, green manure coverage ..... the brf and hay is interested, he will follow my experiences and relate them especially if they are encouraging.
For now, I spread on plots 4 10 m2 about each on average:
- With a brf of 3 20 cms CMS + hay, .... for future crops of legumes,
- one with 30 cms of hay, salads, tomatoes, zucchini,.
- one of 15 cms of brf (to be lightened according to the advice) shrubs with berries,
- One where I sowed phacelia end of September, and I ask of pdt covered with hay.
Here is my statement to start.
1 x
jpg43
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jpg43 » 01/12/16, 11:10

Hello, my brother has a small garden in Assérac near the sea at the moment is not very active in Nantes available but I think next year it will be retired and will grow a little more I talk to him about this group.

When I was near Lorient we sow potatoes in February under veil of culture, with kelp seaweed etc. the beach was a few meters, it is always elsewhere, the garden I do not know.

Here I sow them in the hay but in a small furrow in the ground I Butte and delivers hay. If I place them on the floor I have to deliver hay to keep them green. I have a lot of small gray slugs that eat the stems dice they come out, a disadvantage of permanent cover. I use Ferramol otherwise they even eat the tomato plants.

One day or another I probably will pass Assérac.

JP
1 x
Mixieer56
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Mixieer56 » 01/12/16, 11:43

jpg43 wrote:Hello, my brother has a small garden in Assérac near the sea at the moment is not very active in Nantes available but I think next year it will be retired and will grow a little more I talk to him about this group.

When I was near Lorient we sow potatoes in February under veil of culture, with kelp seaweed etc. the beach was a few meters, it is always elsewhere, the garden I do not know.

Here I sow them in the hay but in a small furrow in the ground I Butte and delivers hay. If I place them on the floor I have to deliver hay to keep them green. I have a lot of small gray slugs that eat the stems dice they come out, a disadvantage of permanent cover. I use Ferramol otherwise they even eat the tomato plants.

One day or another I probably will pass Assérac.

JP

JP Hello, thank you for your support and possibly that of your brother. Assérac is close to home.
I see you have well experienced in growing hay, especially potatoes. I'll start in March too.
The wrack coverage has not kept its promises in previous years, as slugs and voles I have my cota.
Of course, I will report all this regularly.
Furthermore you will be welcome at a crossing my side :)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/12/16, 11:53

jpg43 wrote:

This is what Austrian organic pdt producers are doing on a very large scale: "conventional" planting with a planter, hilling then covering with hay ...

The issue of slugs remains a subject of reflection. The "pressures" undergone by one and the other are very variable, without my being able for the moment to understand the factors which play ... For some, like me, it is negligible (except this spring ; I will now see if this will be correct or not!). For others, a big problem ...

Well, if they react to Ferramol, it is "less worse". Ferramol does not raise any "agronomic" question (apart from its price, even if the appearance of "generics" has introduced a downward trend!).

At home, on the other hand, my "white" snails ignored them this spring and went straight to the seedlings of salads, carrots, turnips or cabbage ...

We say slugs, but there are different families that do not have the same "tastes" at all!

Mine ignored the carnations, while the big orange slugs go for miles to feast on them! I found them "sprawled" on it, in broad daylight. So I had installed rows of marigolds, thinking "trapping" my snails ... Nothing at all. Intact my eyelets. They continued to ravage the carrots 20 cm away!

In short, another simple thing that is finally revealed ... complex!
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/12/16, 11:59

Mixieer56 wrote:
The wrack coverage has not kept its promises in previous years,

That is to say ??? I had a question by email, about that ... I did not have a clear answer. The sea is far away from us !!!!!!!!!

In my opinion :

- It is an organic material with little fiber, algae float and do not need to be supported
- Rich in sodium, which is not very good for the soil
- It remains, in my opinion, quite fermentable organic matter, which can be used as anorganic fertilizer progressive decomposition, but without all the expected effects of cellulose and lignin on soil organisms ... This is, in my opinion, not an organic material that will engage of soil aggradation process etc ...

I would be interested to know if this "conjecture" matches your observations ...
1 x
Mixieer56
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Mixieer56 » 01/12/16, 16:11

Did67 wrote:
Mixieer56 wrote:
The wrack coverage has not kept its promises in previous years,

That is to say ??? I had a question by email, about that ... I did not have a clear answer. The sea is far away from us !!!!!!!!!

In my opinion :

- It is an organic material with little fiber, algae float and do not need to be supported
- Rich in sodium, which is not very good for the soil
- It remains, in my opinion, quite fermentable organic matter, which can be used as anorganic fertilizer progressive decomposition, but without all the expected effects of cellulose and lignin on soil organisms ... This is, in my opinion, not an organic material that will engage of soil aggradation process etc ...

I would be interested to know if this "conjecture" matches your observations ...

Spreading test of seaweed:
I spread about 10 cms seaweed on a surface of about 40 m2 late September 2015.
I dug early March to bury - we do not know at this time  - what was left of seaweed broken down with very ripe compost clippings and leaves of the same type.
I planted varieties 2 pdt mona lisa to 15 March Picardie and blue to 15 April with lettuce, zucchini, ... plants from garden center. Then tomatoes in early May and late July leeks.
These two varieties are deemed pdt early, alas late June early July (before the drought), the mona lisa gave only 2 or 3 kg tiny pdt to ten feet ... later to even less late July but respectable ratings. Blue gave quite tasty but shot by a similar amount to that of the Mona Lisa.
Green zucchini and spaghetti '' messed up '', it must be said that the spring cold, windy and wet which was followed by a record drought did not help.
Only salads and tomatoes were satisfactory. But after very regular watering.
No signs of pests or diseases or pests have appeared on tubers and feet.
Leeks remained a pen in diameter and a few have disappeared ..., watering in the returned bottles, in some places, I 've never managed to fill the ... .campagols? Some holes in 3 4 cms in diameter are believed to galleries.
For completeness I add that I threw a lot of fertilizer pellets + dehydrated manure bio suspected of Solabiol kind.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/12/16, 17:50

All together (seaweed, clippings / leaves, "organic" fertilizer), it makes a lot of fertilization!

It is good of 2016 season, since you extended the seaweed to 2015 fall?

Difficult to conclude, apart from the fact that it is not satisfactory! Because it is likely to be "multifactorial" = several causes which intermingle ...

What troubles me is that with this fertilization, even on glass wool would have had to push!

You are not in a "hydromorphic" zone (subject to "congestion" of the soil by water)?
1 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 01/12/16, 18:41

which would be comical, it would be to have in this great western phénoculteurs group practicing on zad of our lady of the moors, which is pretty good productive hay as shown here:
http://zad.nadir.org/spip.php?article4234

However, I wonder if the phénoculture work well in these wetlands (anaerobic cares?)
1 x