Photos and testimonies Potagers Lazy

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Gaillac
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Photos and testimonies Potagers Lazy

by Gaillac » 04/11/16, 15:04

I realize that I hadn't shared photos either. Some differences with Didier's recommendations. I started mini mounds for strawberry plants. I did not buy hay but used the tall grass on my property and what the city mowed in the path behind my house.
I just have some boards of 3,5m by 1,20m approximately.
2 strawberry boards with garlic, onions or shallots sown 3 weeks ago and which are starting to come out. I put mowing and BRF on this board on the cover.
1 plank of broccoli and romanesco cabbage which above all gives leaves for now. I also put on this same board 2 feet of artichokes. On this board I added 20 cm of fig leaves today. I suffered from caterpillars on my cabbage. I spent time removing them by hand, testing nettles macerated in water for a week. I also planted branches of rosemary between the feet. I don't know what worked, but I no longer have a single track.
A bean board that stopped producing a week ago.
A board of peas sown 2 weeks ago and which have already emerged from the ground.
1 board where I will put beans soon.
However, I think that I will buy a haystack because I find it difficult to maintain the level of 20 cm. I'm more like 5 or 10.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
0 x
Moutonjardinier
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: How to start a "Lazy Potager" simpler than permaculture: steps and tips

by Moutonjardinier » 04/11/16, 16:20

Rainy weather today, but I still managed to take some pictures of the part that will be cultivated next year. Not much to see since it is the very beginning of the adventure for me! An overview and some close-ups of the soil and the start of mulching carried out with the mowing. Of course I will put a good package on top to feed the fauna and fatten the earth during the winter.

As the subject of this thread lends itself, I will post images as my project progresses so that everyone can see the successive stages. I will also report my discoveries, successes, failures, etc ... while asking for your enlightened advice of course!

Make way for the first images (click above to see a close-up)

Meadow 01.jpg

Meadow 2.jpg

Earth 01.jpg

Earth 02.jpg

Earth 03.jpg

Straw 01.jpg

Straw 02.jpg

Soon more ...
0 x
Be determined to no longer serve, and you are free. (Étienne de La Boétie)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/11/16, 21:35

Good evening Moutonjardinier,
of course, it's "as you see it", my suggestions were only suggestions.
I hope you will keep us posted, because as I said a few days ago during my "presentation" on this forum, today I only garden a very small area (about 50m2 of really cultivated boards, without access, footsteps ...) and only on WE (the week I work about 250km away), hence my interest in resilient water supply systems (mulching is one).
But the horizon of the retirement arriving I will be able to extend on a meadow.
So take any experience, in a lazy mind of course!
Kind regards.
0 x
Moutonjardinier
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Moutonjardinier » 04/11/16, 22:07

Good evening was simple,
As I said before, I will regularly report here on the progress of my vegetable patch, with photos. Otherwise, my adventure does not stop at the lazy vegetable garden which is only one element which is part of a global project aiming at autonomy and based on the principles of permaculture (taking care of the land, taking care of the 'Man and share resources). So as you can imagine there is a lot of work upstream before being able to laze within an almost autonomous system and the factors to be taken into account to get there are numerous (management of water, food, habitat, energies ...)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/11/16, 20:43

Sure, there's a job, especially if you want to do it in addition to a commercial activity, this word having in my mind no derogatory character, it means saying that some give you a few euros in exchange for some vegetables, bartering being a slightly different system.

It's just that you're not going to be able to barter with EDF, the taxes, the water company, your gas seller, .... unfortunately the list is long

A question: do you have a water point (or the possibility of installing one easily) near the place where you plan to plant your garden? It's just (from my point of view) vital ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/11/16, 20:50

A mountongardener

Complement: my post above refers in fact to the elements that you brought on the parallel post, I recopy:

"Personally I was considering offering a part of my production to the appreciation of the customer during direct sales to the vegetable garden, the customer himself fixing the price of his basket according to his estimate and his means, it is a procedure which me Many other solutions can also be considered, such as barter for example "
0 x
Moutonjardinier
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Moutonjardinier » 07/11/16, 21:55

sicetaitsimple wrote:It's just that you're not going to be able to barter with EDF, the taxes, the water company, your gas seller, .... unfortunately the list is long

Good evening was simple,

Indeed, engaging in a project aiming for autonomy is an act which requires flawless organization in order to be able to compensate for any event, including the health side, but it is above all the need to cut a maximum of the many chains which connect us to the system, to gain autonomy by reducing costs. For my part, EDF and the water company it is already ancient history, I am equipped with solar (not connected to the network), rainwater recovery and I have a well on the ground, I also do my firewood (in the south we don't heat too much). Question taxes, below a certain threshold we don't pay any more! It is a choice of life which suits me and which requires few means, being personally the antipodes of mass consumption, and to paraphrase Pierre Rahbi: I give joyfully in happy sobriety! Obviously a minimum of money will always be necessary if only to get what you cannot produce yourself, and gasoline is an example, even if I minimize its use, the internet is one. other ... This is the reason why I am going to create a small market gardening activity which will allow me to legally sell on the markets or direct sale to the vegetable garden the surpluses of my production (fruits - vegetables - eggs - honey) - processed products)

So, that’s how you know a little more about my project, and maybe it will even be emulated by readers : Wink:
2 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Photos and testimonials of Potagers de Lazy

by sicetaitsimple » 08/11/16, 19:52

here is a beautiful project, since it is yours! But not easy, especially if your income "in euros" must depend on market gardening.

Keep us informed of developments, in addition there is this new thread on "photos and testimonials" which seems to me appropriate for this kind of follow-up.

Kind regards.

PS: if by chance you don't know him, I recommend watching videos of Jean-Martin Fortier, a Quebec organic market gardener who started very small and today seems to be doing very well. Although he is from Quebec, most of his training videos are in English, it lasts several hours. Whatever your project and your ideas, I think there are many things to remember from purely practical aspects.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Photos and testimonials of Potagers de Lazy

by sicetaitsimple » 03/12/16, 12:17

So let's see, to respond to a request made on the main thread. The photos are from 6/11, there is not much left:

Photo201611 217.jpg

The famous leeks planted a little too late due to lack of available space. They continued to gain some weight in November.

Photo201611 218.jpg

The artichoke plant and the rest of the covered board for the winter.

Photo201611 216.jpg

Spinach, not mulched.

Photo201611 215.jpg

Scaroles, not mulched, transplanting seedlings to the ground. At the bottom of the lamb's lettuce (there are others).

Photo201611 220.jpg

Not very visible, small winter salads transplanted very recently, again from seedlings in the ground. Since then, they seem to have resumed. We'll see.

No general view on 6/11, but a partial view of 21/05 where we see potatoes and strawberry straw mulch with hay, and even the artichoke heads that appear.

Photo201611 188.jpg

Today, everything (except what remains) is largely covered with leaves, grass, ... for the winter.

Work in progress!
2 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"