Make a bone grinder for the garden

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Make a bone grinder for the garden

by Did67 » 18/08/16, 09:00

And if someone finds one day a "bone crusher" (cheap, obviously), I am actively looking for one. Bones are the primary source of phosphorus. Not directly assimilable, but I think that in my system, they will quickly become assimilated by the action of the fungus and the "acid" atmosphere they create! I would like to try.
It is one of the most useful "garbage" that we throw in our trash cans (I mean, of course, non-vegetarians).

Divided since agriculture / gardening-more-than-bio-by-plant-live-without-fatigue-t13846-1860.html
0 x
Christophe

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Christophe » 18/08/16, 11:38

A garden shredder does not grind fine enough?

Apparently you can use a kitchen meat grinder (provided the bones are not too thick, of course)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/08/16, 12:21

It seems to me that it is more necessary to seek on the side of hammer mills, very effective on hard materials.
Perhaps it is possible to transform a rotary tool (type lawn mower) by adding a few fixed plates to increase the number of impacts?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 18/08/16, 14:35

Ahmed wrote:It seems to me that it is more necessary to seek on the side of hammer mills, very effective on hard materials.
Perhaps it is possible to transform a rotary tool (type lawn mower) by adding a few fixed plates to increase the number of impacts?

Yes. But I found nothing small, for domestic use. It would be to crush our bones (skeleton of chickens, etc ...). Not much ... I searched a little, but not found.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/08/16, 15:48

For small bones, replacing the blade of an electric clipper with a flat iron (more inertia) and a few peripheral anvils, this should be enough ...
Perhaps also a grid to contain the fragments up to the desired dimension ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/08/16, 16:21

this multi grinds everything is manufactured by rené toy a montoire: this company still exists but on their site I do not find any trace of this model, which is perhaps their first model

it is driven by 540t / min PTO from tractor

gogol find me this video which seems to be the same in electric version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crvfay4Usnc

in this video they break their heads to pass their soil through the small hole in the hopper made to pass grain at constant flow ... but we can also use it by removing this piece and swinging the material to be ground in the big hopper, shovel or fork

I had a preference for slow grinding systems that work more in strength than in speed ... but I did well to buy this grinder, it made me discover the efficiency of this system

I think this principle could be realized in smaller

how much bone do you want to grind?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/08/16, 18:28

It is really for the "domestic": like "carcass" of chicken ... or bone of a rabbit ...

I think I have little chance of finding! But compared to the phosphorus balance of my garden, it would be a simple solution!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/08/16, 18:34

I know this device well because I used one: I ground semi-decomposed bark; the result was average on this kind of wet waste and, quickly I first sieved to extract the fines and then pass the large fractions, drier, with great improvement.
What struck me was the ability of the device to pulverize the hardest foreign bodies, mixed with the bark, like granite or flint stones ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/08/16, 19:25

for chicken or rabbit bones it would be just a little bigger than a coffee grinder ... or just let the bones dry and hit them with a hammer

I'm going to take pictures: my thing has a vertical axis, turns at 3000 rpm the bizarre shaped propeller does not cut at all but catapults the material against the raroi covered with toothed piece of hard steel

too large pieces remain above the propeller, and can only fall when they are broken into smaller pieces: it is therefore safe to make them swallow large pieces

the outlet grill is from side to bottom ... piece of toothed steel on 3/4 turn, grill on 1/4 turn

higher it is toothed piece on the full turn

the rotor is rigid without any articulation: therefore supports the abrasive material

I looked on the current rené toy site: I see above all horizontal grinder with hammer articulated on the rotor ... I see the faults of my first Chinese vegetable crusher

another tip of this multi grinds everything, the rotor forms a large diameter plate at the bottom which hides the tree .... and there is an air intake between the gearbox and the crusher: it sucks the outside air and brings it into the grinder: this prevents the material to be ground from damaging the seals or the bearings

this machine is really a good model to copy to make it smaller
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/08/16, 19:44

chatelot16 wrote:
for chicken or rabbit bones it would be just a little bigger than a coffee grinder ... or just let the bones dry and hit them with a hammer

That's what I thought too ... But I'm so lazy!
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"