About the decay

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

About the decay

by elephant » 20/04/15, 10:12

Although I care VERY far from decreasing : Mrgreen: , I invite you to read this article:

http://lesmoutonsenrages.fr/2015/04/20/ ... roissance/

It's very good (well .... it's his choice, he's an ascetic: marathon runner and vegetarian) but isn't the bottom of the problem the means: a well oriented house, with garden, great well insulated, it costs a bridge, right?

Does the tenant in the apartment have this choice?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/04/15, 19:30

In absolute terms, "consuming moderation" is the only sustainable behavior.
However, and not to mention the extreme cases, in the current socio-political context, it is a posture which is not without danger, since it can quickly be confused with the adaptation to the austerity agreed ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/04/15, 20:30

Ahmed said:

it can quickly be confused with the adaptation to the austerity agreed

You somewhat agree with my anarchist opinions, although it may be a rejection of the system ...

to be debated.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/04/15, 20:57

There is another danger, which is to present degrowth as being only a self-limitation to something which remains, nevertheless, desirable. However, it is not a question of proposing a secular asceticism which would only make, hollow, the promotion of consumerist hedonism. This is all the difficulty that results from too perfect colonization of our imagination, and therefore of our language, by economism.
On the contrary, it must be emphasized that what is bought has little value and that certain things that have it empty their content as soon as the market expresses itself there.
This little value is the very principle of systemic functioning, since it is dissatisfaction that results from it that the reiteration of the act of purchase follows.
The purchase can only be frustrating, for a double reason: the goods cannot keep the promises of happiness with which it is symbolically charged, on the other hand, the commercial relationship between seller and buyer ends immediately the transaction: the relationship is reduced to its simplest, therefore the most unsatisfactory expression possible.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 20/04/15, 22:03

The approach is interesting but unfortunately remains parked in the park of thought u (nique).
According to this one, the decrease is synonymous with a Spartan, rigorist, ascetic, monastic way of life, in short everything you need to dismiss a generalizable action.
Degrowth is a term that has been totally overused, as much not by its defenders as by its detractors, system obliges all models holding to limited "economic exponentialism" is to be destroyed.

It would be more correct to use a new term, such as "efficient sobriety", synonymous with progress, preservation and sustainability.
It is quite possible to live in a more comfortable, safer and more harmonious world while being in a process of strong decrease, which the more seul viable model that can be extrapolated to the entire world population.
But to do this, we must reassign the real, hard, hard!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"