"I eat therefore I am"; globalized agriculture

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Christophe

"I eat therefore I am"; globalized agriculture

by Christophe » 17/12/11, 09:25

1 / 2h's little royalty-free documentary to be seen and reminiscent of the functioning (and misdeeds) of globalized rules-based agriculture (dictat?) Of the WTO and the big but also recent, small, speculation. ..

Indeed; for some time, wheat and corn appear on the stock sites ...

But: http://www.boursorama.com/cours.phtml?symbole=6xC
Soy: http://www.boursorama.com/cours.phtml?symbole=6xSOY
Corn: http://www.boursorama.com/cours.phtml?symbole=6xWWY

Video: http://vimeo.com/7893617

Summary: http://www.pfsa.be/spip.php?article618

"How to understand that the majority of people who are supposed to feed humanity, suffer from a catastrophic situation, marked by unemployment, poverty, exodus and hunger? "

More than a billion hungry people around the world

This figure is obvious to us since 2008's hunger riots. In all major international conferences, one question now arises: "who is going to feed the world? And if the question was badly chosen? Because farmers are able to feed the entire world population. Starting with the daily life of Belgian farmers, the film begins a tour of the agricultural and food world in order to understand what the common problems are in Europe as well as in Africa or Brazil. We quickly realize that everything is connected and that everyone has a role to play in solving the problem, be it political, environmental or commercial. "I am eating so I am" tries to demonstrate that a project of a socially responsible, sustainable and democratic society is more than necessary. Food sovereignty, the right claimed by thousands of social movements across the planet, defined as the right of people to choose their agriculture and food without affecting the rights of other peoples, is essential. herself.

In the same family ... I ask 3 other documentaries:
- We feed the World: we-feed-the-world-that night-on-arte-t7414.html
- Our daily bread: our-daily-bread-the-food-industry-t10521.html
- Food Inc: Food, Inc., a docu-film on-the-food-industry-us-t8792.html

There was also a very good Conviction Parts on the hunger market, to discover here: pac-the-business-of-the-hungry-the-purse-or-the-life-t10874.html
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 15/03/12, 00:43

I would add: I am what I eat:

http://epigenome.eu/fr/2,48,993

You are what you eat

To unravel the connection between epigenetics and diet, we must go back to the Second World War (beware of unexploded shells!) And those called "Dutch mothers". It is a group of pregnant women living in the Netherlands, struggling under starvation conditions imposed by a food embargo and a harsh winter, which has given birth to relatively small babies. When their children grew up, prospered, and had children, their babies were surprisingly small. Thus, the effects of low nutrition on these Dutch mothers have reverberated on their grandchildren. This study seems to support the scientific heresy of Lamarckism; the idea that physical changes acquired during the life of an individual could be transmitted to his descendants. But how can the diet affect the offspring, since it can not change the DNA sequence in the egg or sperm?

We now know that these effects observed in these Dutch families come from changes in epigenetic markers present on their DNA, linked to the lack of certain crucial molecules in the diet of their grandmothers. One of the most important epigenetic modifications is the methylation of DNA (see 'What Neil Says') which usually decorates genes that are inactive. In order to faithfully maintain the correct pattern of methylation during cell divisions, new methyl grouping is added to the newly copied DNA. This requires a constant supply of methyl groups, which can come directly from our food from methionine, betaine or choline. Alternatively, we can also make methyl groups from chemical precursors such as folic acid.

Other chemical elements from our food are needed to transport methyl groups across the body and attach them carefully to the DNA. For example, zinc and vitamin B12. A deficiency in these essential molecules may have an effect on the level of DNA methylation in the body, as studies in rodents or humans have shown. In the case of Dutch mothers, it was as if their meager rations had deprived them of the nutrients they needed to establish the correct pattern of methylation in their offspring and as if these epigenetic abnormalities had been passed on to the next generation.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/03/12, 00:52

Very interesting !

Again this genetic memory, epigenetic pardon, which returns to the forum ! : Cheesy: It will really be necessary to devote a topic to him one of these 4 !!

Nevertheless, apart from the famine and possibly a play on the title, it has nothing to do with this subject. : Mrgreen:
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 15/03/12, 14:36

actually nothing to see :) if only by eating less and better we are better and live longer and our children too, so there is a report somewhere;).
And especially a word game : Mrgreen:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 15/03/12, 17:53

And especially a word game
and more a game of evils! : Cheesy:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/03/12, 23:17

Christophe wrote:Very interesting !

Again this genetic memory, epigenetic pardon, which returns to the forum ! : Cheesy: It will really be necessary to devote a topic to him one of these 4 !!

Nevertheless, apart from the famine and possibly a play on the title, it has nothing to do with this subject. : Mrgreen:

The secret code of epigenetics remains to be discovered !!!
and it is essential for all our life !!!

Also GMOs are a folly to change our genes by ignoring everything from this essential epigenetic code, like sorcerer's apprentice.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/03/12, 23:20

Hey, you would not want to throw this famous subject on epigenetics my dear Dedeleco? : Idea: : Idea:

You are the member who seems to me the most developed on the subject! 8)
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 16/03/12, 00:11

I have already given references especially on nature !!

At this moment, I am more about correcting the writings and finding the errors of a notary, who forgets a lot of things, to make me have a tax adjustment without my knowledge, in 3 years !!

Also I would post later details that google knows better than me with epigenetic nature
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/03/12, 09:33

Yes I know that you have already given full (precisely) but this information is lost and spread in other subjects, so it would be good to copy them in a topic dedicated to epigenetics!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/03/12, 10:33

to rough the question:
http://epigenome.eu/fr/1,1,0
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"