Africa, spirulina against hunger and AIDS: it's fantastic

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Christophe

Africa, spirulina against hunger and AIDS: it's fantastic

by Christophe » 09/12/10, 18:46

A moving report on the extraordinary spirulina which makes it possible to "recover" children suffering from malnutrition and to restore the immunity of AIDS patients. Away from market logic and the perverse effects of globalist reasoning!

See here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6e0w_ ... -2005_news

ps: the subject had already been briefly mentioned a while ago https://www.econologie.com/forums/la-spiruli ... t3082.html
Last edited by Christophe the 09 / 12 / 10, 19: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/10, 18:52

The apparent action of spirulina against AIDS (mentioned at the end of the report) joins the theories heard in reports on this subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/sante-du-n ... t9985.html

Summary: food and drugs have a primary role in the contamination and development of AIDS in the body ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/12/10, 20:34

Interesting human experience. We should see in the field how it goes.

Obviously, we should start by paying them their raw materials at the right price. So they could afford to eat properly, nah?

Then spirulina, I'm not against it (good little spinach taste) but I don't digest it well ... Lack of habit?

But the question of food is delicate, we can not so easily say "eat this because it's good for your health". The human being is more complicated than that, there is an emotional issue around food ...

Finally, health issues are to be included in a “hierarchy of good practices” to be implemented by personal will. So it requires a culture of prevention and education.

It's probably going very well for "firefighter medicine" to put out the fire .... In the long term, I ask to see! But why not if it works for some and they like it.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/12/10, 22:09

I am obviously quite of the opinion ofObamot on food autonomy as a real solution: no technical "trick" can substitute for real political solutions.

I am also quite skeptical about the practical interest of spirulina (without denying its qualities) because of the difficulties of its culture which requires to properly control the parameters.

I do not think that these conditions are easy to meet in poor countries and that other simpler solutions, therefore more effective, are necessary in emergency situations.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 10/12/10, 00:04

Ahmed wrote:...

I am also quite skeptical about the practical interest of spirulina (without denying its qualities) because of the difficulties of its culture which requires to properly control the parameters.

Hi Ahmed! :D

To have an optimal production, it must be a little complicated certainly. But artisanal production is easy and inexpensive.

I have been pampering for the experience for over a year now an 80 l container which this year produced just over 100 g of dried spirulina. My only tools for cultivation are the eyes, touch, smell, a thermometer and litmus paper: nothing too rocket science!

Moreover, if people are interested, a strain of spirulina very strong is available in the Midi-Pyrenees region (contact me by MP).
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/12/10, 04:55

It was the same for milk powder. If they have water ... it's already good! But then if they have water, they can "grow" themselves !? So why dry? Because you have to choose, there are many more nutrients in “live” food than stored.

We too often forget this "trick" (which is not mine ...) take 10kg of rice that you germinate, which will give you nothing but whole rice, but which will contain 10 times more nutrients as the same ungerminated rice! So it is possible to make your little family survive with quantities ten times smaller.

And this is true with all other grains and probably many other edible plants ...

On the other hand, cultivating spirulina ... you need quantities of water that many of these populations do not have ... It is just good in coastal regions where the needs are less and where they already have the resources to fishing ... And fresh spirulina does not solve the whole pyramid of needs for the balance of the food bowl.

... Again, this is not excluded with other supplements, but we must see the context and put it in a perspective of "self-sufficiency" food. Otherwise we start from zero each time.

But if it is a question of saving lives in the short term, in regions that have water, these sachets are far superior to the WFP ration mixtures:> 20,2 million children fed in 71 different countries .. Even if aid continues to grow, where is the evolution at the societal level to stop this "western infusion"?

Hundreds of thousands of doses have been distributed in Haiti, still "firefighter medicine". These rations are "stable" hygienically speaking, so very easy to store! But devitalized! Only what is "alive" is wasting away, and what our body needs first and foremost is LIVE food!

The result is well known: an epidemic of lightning cholera, the population accusing the UN of having disseminated the disease. Even if Nepalese peacekeepers were possibly infected, it was only a detonator. WFP rations have been supplied which, because "stable", prevent the immune system already damaged by the earthquake and the endemic economic situation from strengthening / restoring. Add to this the fact that, despite the billions of the international community, the conditions for restoring the drinking water network have not been hampered, nor even the disposal of wastewater (which should have been the priority of priorities) and you get the conditions for poisoning.

And as the water scenario is repeated every time in emergency situations, this type of aid can only be ad hoc, in regions that lend themselves to it and not permanent solutions. Because after the cape, the populations will turn to traditional food, already because the rations are not free forever and that very often they do not have the means to pay them.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/12/10, 09:42

highflyaddict wrote:Moreover, if people are interested, a strain of spirulina very strong is available in the Midi-Pyrenees region (contact me by MP).

You are reading my mind... : Cheesy:

What equipment does it take to keep it alive "properly"?
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 10/12/10, 13:59

So, here is my full "spirulina" equipment:
- a 0,7x0,6x0,25 full butcher's tray almost to the brim,
- a small solar "stirrer" made from an old disassembled hi-fi system and powered by a small solar panel taken from a Chinese HS fence energizer (photos available on request).
- a large pass,
- a marble slab for drying
- a pitcher
- a thermometer,
- Sunflower paper for pH
- white wintering fabric to shade if necessary.
- and of course, the eyes, nose and fingers.
That's it that's all !

Illuminated tank exposure but without direct sun, culture pH between 10 and 11,5 in brackish water.

We give "food" according to what we take (harvest approximately every three days on average in good season).
The "eat" is urine or nettle manure, iron salts (rather citrates if possible) and wood ash.
It is also necessary to have baking soda which is used to balance the pH and to provide dissolved CO2, which "boosts" the growth of algae.

The whole art consists in finding a sampling / feeding rhythm adapted to the conditions of the moment (lighting, temperature, etc.).
With a little experience, it is done very well "by feeling".

Here ! I hope it will give ideas!

: Cheesy:
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET

Christophe

by Christophe » 10/12/10, 14:40

Ah but I didn't ask for as much :)

Well you have the right to make a new subject "Cultivation of spirulina at home" with lots of photos :) 8)
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 10/12/10, 14:44

: Cheesy: Ok it rolls!

See you soon!
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"