Eolewater

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
zozefine
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Eolewater

by zozefine » 14/07/10, 22:56

Hello. I'm new to this forum and I live on a greek island without water with a lot of wind, if you know what I mean. I remembered the blow of the wind turbine which produces current but also which makes it possible to recover water from sea winds (that I am thirsty ...).

little gougueule research, I fell and on you, econology, and on the éolewater site: it was what I was looking for, I was wondering how it had evolved in 1 year: I went to their site and I I have the impression that he died about when he was born, around spring / summer 2009. I sent them an email to ask them if it was still moving, no answer yet. their models in 2009 were expensive, and oversized for me, and I was wondering if there was more interesting for my strings in 2010.

then I just did a search here, and you seem to find it not interesting. however, I can tell you that in my very particular situation, a wind turbine that would allow me to have power in winter and water in summer, it would simply be a miracle. and very desirable.

however, between this site seems dead, and your dubious or frankly negative reactions (with arguments that I am not sure to follow elsewhere), all that makes me wonder if it was / it is stew or not.

so dear forum, simple question: the design of a wind turbine "producing" water / electricity according to the needs and in a suitable situation (mine) is it so crazy? does it still exist? in short, who has any news ???
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/07/10, 08:26

Certainly the wind turbine is interesting, dear school girl ..... What is not interesting is the performance of this machine!
There is no shortage of solutions to obtain fresh water: for example, if you are not far from the sea, there are species of greenhouses very simple to build yourself that distill water: energy input: pumping , nothing more.
There are also desktop "freshwater generators" that work on the same principle, but much cheaper: you just need to supply them with electricity (with a wind turbine or PV panels)
Explain to us more what your "robinsonesque" implantation looks like and how you are doing now.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

Re: Eolewater

by Christophe » 15/07/10, 09:27

zozefine wrote:so dear forum, simple question: the design of a wind turbine "producing" water / electricity according to the needs and in a suitable situation (mine) is it so crazy? does it still exist? in short, who has any news ???

The problem is the price: because the "estimated" cost price of the m3 of water "condensed by wind turbine" for the small models is between 30 to 40 € / m3 !! For the biggest ca tatera in the best cases the 10 € / m3 ... that is to say MUCH TOO high compared to other desalting solutions for example: https://www.econologie.com/dessalage-de- ... -4276.html

Solar still plants have a mean lifetime of about 20 years while the cost of fresh water produced by solar plants ranges from US $ 0.52 m – 3 to US $ 2.99 m – 3, depending on the plant and the cost analysis method. It is important to realize that maximum output does not mean that a solar still is the most economical.

In addition, there are other much less expensive and complicated solutions to recover drinking water in dry and / or third world countries, here is an example:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/capteur-de ... t9756.html
(could he walk to your place, right?)

There are dozens of simple and effective techniques either for drinking water or for dew, condensation or mist traps ...

ps: the eolewater site still exists https://www.econologie.com/forums/eole-water ... t8361.html
0 x
zozefine
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zozefine » 15/07/10, 11:14

Thank you for your answers. so it's not stew!

so I'm old and alone (not to complain), but I'm the only one who tinkers, and my muscular strength is no longer that of yesteryear). moreover mown and cautious (here, happy, THE winter day this winter we had 2 ° at night). I rent a traditional house planted on a marble slab, so it is very very healthy, wood heating (on an island without trees, I do not tell you the puzzle; for days really glagla it is radiator, and shit for my electricity bill) and the roof is flat, so it collects water (tank).

with the water from the cistern, I fill a small reserve on the roof, for the days without public water, so I have, at worst, a little water for the kitchen. the flow of the kitchen is done directly in the ground, where tomatoes, zucchini, etc., grow wild, as well as a flora greedy in water but which tolerates (organic) dish soap (eg vitex agnus castus ). I can also, with the water from the cistern, "compensate" for the missing water in the external plastic tank. but the pump works poorly, so sometimes you have to go to the bucket, and it's killing! but the cistern is used above all for the owner who waters his orchard below (citrus, olive trees).

on the other hand, I created the bathroom, dry toilets, and all the gray water from the bathroom is collected in this external plastic tank, water that I use to water my trees - because I am a real Swiss idol lost in zone 10 ... the vicious thing is that the more I take showers and use the washing machine and brush my teeth, the more water I have to water my trees: hahaha

basically, in summer, because it is at the top of the valley and tourists to swimming pools, pools, English grass pump downstream a max, I have no / little water, generally nothing from noon to midnight ... big problem with watering therefore, and also crappy for everyday life.

the house is high in a valley, far from the sea, valley oriented roughly north west-south east (google earth: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/6104453). for the wind, mainly, meltem in summer, north wind, very dry, you have the impression of being under a hair dryer, and in winter hot southerly winds, very very humid, and northerly winds , direct from the Carpathians, icy. unlike our "northern" countries, here, the days we notice are days without wind. not uncommon to have beaufort 6/7, and up to 8/9. a bit of a disaster when it's Beaufort 10/11 S-SO for the house !!!

for the rains, in fact, statistically, there is more rain than in the south of France, but in much much less days: it is always a deluge, which washes the soil, carries torrents of mud, pebbles, and water nothing on this clay-limestone soil. and terribly accelerates erosion (so we have erosion and wind and water ... not counting the sun, I counted up to 69 ° on the ground, which means that it is impossible to provide plant cover "alive" to protect the soil. It's easy to see, I planted trees, but you have to water ...)

and last but not least, I rent this house, and I have been there for 2 and a half years, I have 3 and a half years left ...: - ((

here is the picture. long, sorry sorry.

but therefore, desalinating the water, no way, too far, too heavy to carry with my rotten fiat, digging more to recover more water, impossible or terribly expensive (marble slab) and somewhere for a house from where I will leave soon ... it doesn't prevent me from having planted trees, having built a basin with my little hands to always have water for the mound and the compost (and the cats), and to think long term. but all that very limited by my financial means.

cqfd: a wind turbine which allows me to have water, and / or electricity, which I can embark with the day when I move, well that interests me.

in my profile, I will put my address photos (flickr) there are albums which relate to the house and the surroundings.

I seriously think that the water / electricity wind turbine, in the Cyclades, with this terrible lack of water, this terrifying erosion, is an absolutely magnificent solution, because it can be implemented locally (unlike desalination plants, it's fine , we already have "potable" water like that, I see what that gives) much more interesting than solar, which is a real disaster but I can explain it elsewhere.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/07/10, 22:58

Of course, this is very far from our little problems of over-excited city dwellers. I guess it was the result of a choice. But nevertheless, having a wind turbine installed would be very expensive, on rented property.
In summary:
either you have money, you break your lease and you're going to live elsewhere
either you do not have one, therefore necessarily not for a wind turbine or PV, and you continue to tinker ....

am i wrong?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
zozefine
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by zozefine » 15/07/10, 23:47

no, the elephant is not mistaken. and it's good and logical as well, huh?

it was a somewhat constrained choice and a freely accepted constraint, and really, basically, it ended up with immense relief: I finally feel more or less in agreement with a certain part of myself which is quite "radical" ". the story is on the one hand that I'm a dreamer of fair and simple solutions, and on the other hand that I still hope to have a little dough once. for example I dream: if I manage to double the lease, and that I have the money, ouaille notte?

and then a wind turbine, if I install it, I can also change it. or resell it to the owner (well, that, the ecological / economic fiber here, in Greece, it's not that yet)?

in short, me, this technology, it speaks to me a lot in this very particular situation. and so I try to glean info, to see, you never know, maybe an industrial development with smaller, cheaper models.

but radio silence on the Aeolewater side, I'm afraid it's a bit dead.

ah, the water ... even today I could not water, my zucchini plant on a hill is mouthful ...

other than that, I find it admirable your way of grasping your (big) problems, even of city dwellers, even overexcited. I keep a horrified memory of my urban existence, I felt so far from life there, despite the various stimuli, social, cultural, etc., and I never thought about it, even for a second (but it was also another era), to this almost survival problematic that arises in today's world. I would have been told about dry toilets, I would have sneered stupidly and said berk.

but the big detergents and the pendulum reset by the hour have the advantage that it is an opportunity to discover something else, even if the price to be paid is often very high. but it's an investment, we do it for solar, wind turbines, light bulbs and the fleet, all the more reason to do it also for life itself, since we only have one, and short in more !
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "