Tips for connecting a well to the network

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
fabou03
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Tips for connecting a well to the network

by fabou03 » 16/06/10, 09:13

Hello everyone, I am coming to you for information on how to act (all new on the site ..)

I just dug a well inside my basement:
- dimensions 2.35m deep x Ø1.80m at the top and Ø1.50 at the bottom
- capacities -> about 3.5m2
- no nozzles -> terrain: very hard rock !!!
- I did not find the source, only large infiltrations

I would first of all like to know the place to have the water analyzed (it is very clear but ...)
Then, I'm completely new to filtration methods (which filters to use?) And which pump to choose?

Thank you "to the old guys" for your precious advice (as well as to the others ... of course!)

PS: if you want more info, don't hesitate, I'll do my best to give it to you.
0 x
scince
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by scince » 25/06/10, 17:16

0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 26/06/10, 05:03

fabou03

Sorry but maybe no one felt like "old men"!

LOL!

When you talk about connecting the well to the network, what network are you talking about?

Without knowing the composition of your water (H2O), it is difficult to direct you on the filtration to put!

How will you use this water? Drink it?
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/06/10, 11:41

As for connecting the water from the well to the public distribution network (which I suppose, for lack of additional details), it is strictly prohibited: the water from the well must not be able to mix with the water. 'city' water for obvious sanitary reasons.
You can reserve the water from the well for watering, the WC and the washing machine without worrying about the potability, this only supposes any device which isolates the two circuits.

If you want to drink it, I think that the analyzes are quite expensive, except to limit oneself to a few parameters (even more detailed, the analyzes never take everything into account: you can only dose what you are looking for and what which includes dosing tools…); maybe you would get some information by asking the locals.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
fabou03
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fabou03 » 18/07/10, 11:57

Alain G wrote:fabou03

Sorry but maybe no one felt like "old men"!

LOL!

When you talk about connecting the well to the network, what network are you talking about?

Without knowing the composition of your water (H2O), it is difficult to direct you on the filtration to put!

How will you use this water? Drink it?
:D

- I want to have a network with 2 arrivals:
the public network and the arrival of my well with a valve between the 2

- it is certain that without the composition, it is difficult to choose the filtration method. The problem is that I don't even know where to have my water analyzed !!!

- in terms of drinking it, I think it's entirely possible. It all depends on the filtration mode ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/07/10, 10:09

Injecting water into the network is strictly prohibited, even with separating valves because there will always be possible contamination via standing water.

If you want to use the water from your well, you need a completely independent second network.
0 x
dsgnii
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by dsgnii » 11/06/12, 02:26

Hello

I bring this post up, because I am in this case, I am trying to find out if supplying nurses on each side by the well and city water, with stop valve to swap is apparently not recommended, so double the system but how does this translate for example out of a sink, you have to put 2 taps on it? same for the shower..bathtub..etc not very aesthetic, so at some point the networks come together! (for the WC 2 taps it is not annoying! nor the washing machine besides)
0 x
aerialcastor
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by aerialcastor » 11/06/12, 12:06

Hello,

You must comply with the standard EN1717 standard.

It is strictly forbidden to have a connection between the well water network and the city water network. A backflow preventer is required by total overflow.

So in fact you have to have a feed that supplies your internal network with well water and a feed that feeds your city water without any contact between the two.

I do not know if you put a pump on your well, but certain pump integrates the backflow preventer, if your well does not give any more water that passes automatically on the network of city water.
0 x
Save a tree, eat a beaver.
It is no use to succeed in life, what it takes is to miss his death.
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 11/06/12, 12:07

You can have your water analyzed in a medical analysis lab.
For the treatment there is this kind of thing it is what I use at home since shortly before I drank it without treating it! Not even hurt.

http://www.grenoble-eau-pure.com/ultraviolet.htm

We save a lot of money compared to city water, especially if we have a garden.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/06/12, 12:49

your well is really shallow: so the water comes very close to you: simply the runoff water around your house: so any local pollution will end up in the water

a single analysis is useless ... clean the day of the analysis does not guarantee that it is clean every day

when we analyze the water from a deep well we can hope to have a constant water quality ... a little pollution on the surface will take a long time to come down and will be diluted in a huge volume

then everyone can drink the water they want, but must not risk returning their water to the network ... for example in the event of a breakdown and drop in pressure in the public network

there are backflow preventers, used mainly in industry, where there are machines connected to the network using chemicals: it is also necessary to avoid any backwards

these backflow preventers are very expensive and must be checked periodically

simple solution: buffer tank filled by the network with a flush-type float system ... and automatic pump that makes your own network under pressure: with that no risk of return

how to analyze water? fill a tank of a few hundred liters with an opaque cover ... if this water keeps for several months without smelling bad, this is a very good sign! when the water is pure enough it purifies itself even more by resting in the dark

when the water is too rich in organic matter it does not purify itself but rotten in septic tank mode ... there is more work to make it difficult to drink water
0 x