Hand pump well to restart !!!

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Bakoi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Hand pump well to restart !!!

by Bakoi » 22/03/10, 20:46

Good morning all. I am a tenant of a small house. In the garden I have a cast iron hand pump which does not work. Seeing the beautiful days arrived, I wanted to know more and I took it apart.

1. By removing the cap, the lever and a metal shaft are assembled on an axis.
2. I undo the tree that plunges into the body of the pump, it is about 1.20m and attached to it, wood with a diameter of 50 to 60 mm over an unknown length. The wood had to be a significant length so that when I push the butt, the mass of wood in the water, pushes the water upwards.

Well I think...

3. With a good lamp, I looked into the body of the pump, and I saw bits of broken wood about 2, 3 m away. As it is impossible to remove them by hand, I undertook to fill the body of the pump which extends into the tube in order to bring up the broken wood in several pieces.
Indeed, I managed to remove the pieces of wood, and there I find that the water that I put hard to leave ...

4. To take the depth, I took IRO tubes of electrician of 3 m, put together, 2 tubes, I arrive at the bottom, that is to say 6m starting from the cap of the pump.

5. I wonder if I shouldn't put a booster pump to use this water point just for my tomatte this summer. But I wonder if the well can provide enough water since I am only about 5m deep.
5 m seems to me little to have a correct water flow, especially with the diameter of my cast iron pipes.

What do you think ?

Thank you in advance for reading me.

JF

0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 22/03/10, 22:20

Is the pump fixed on a concrete slab or other masonry?
If so, what is the area? The pump may be installed
on a well.
If the pipe does not drain well and if it is a well it is
that there is an anti return to the bottom.
Assuming it is a well, there should be a leather joint at the
end of the wooden shaft.Check if there are no traces of fastenings
at the end of this axis, they were used to fix the join.

There are probably other debris in the pipe.
a garden hose in the bottom of the pump hose and by injecting
pressurized water it should be possible to bring them up.
The missing parts are probably cast iron, it should be
possible to catch them with a magnet. Fix it well because
if it escapes you, it will be excruciatingly painful to lay hands
on it (if you get there).
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

well wall

by oli 80 » 23/03/10, 20:21

good evening, the wood has surely served as a wall of the well, in general they are bricks, in principle I know that they were dug by hand and the conduit of the well was of bricks, but hey here as they perhaps had not the means they made the wooden conduit

about the pump if there are worn leather seals I think we can replace that with the end of the air chamber

here is a subject that deals with these pumps https://www.econologie.com/forums/montage-d- ... t6556.html

the piston seal could be replaced by a rubber O-ring of course
0 x