Use of rainwater: law and legality?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Use of rainwater: law and legality?

by elephant » 29/01/10, 15:06

Continuation of this subject: https://www.econologie.com/forums/retour-d-e ... t7938.html

Maloche wrote:Otherwise concerning the arrest:
It is not officially, in fact, but I had an unfavorable opinion from a control office on an indoor water installation (for a flushing system)

The cause; the risk verified in the field of subsequent connections on these non-potable networks

It is acquired in Paris in any case, to no longer use rainwater in buildings

: Evil: Lamentable as an argument: as if we could not put stickers on the pipes: we do it well on the cables coming from the photovoltaic panels (at least in Belgium). Lyonnaise des Eaux lobbying?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/01/10, 15:10

Thanks for creating this topic.

It's not really that elephant, in France you have no right to connect anything (pressure) to the drinking water network, even with a valve.

However in the case of rainwater, often it is in double supply (if the rainwater is empty, you flush more?) And therefore it poses problems ...

Let's find the standards, we will have the answer ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 29/01/10, 15:13

Frankly..When we see the number of completely two-way connections in old shacks (a hand washing on the rain, the washing machine that dives in the hand washing, a TV antenna connected directly to the electrical ground ........ ...

Your stickers ... I believe it moderately ... There are only the elephants who are not mistaken ...
: Cheesy:
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 29/01/10, 17:35

Christophe wrote:It's not really that elephant, in France you have no right to connect anything (pressure) to the drinking water network, even with a valve.

However in the case of rainwater, often it is in double supply (if the rainwater is empty, you flush more?) And therefore it poses problems ...

In Belgium either
Let's find the standards, we will have the answer ...

The NBN, I don't know it anymore
The NIT (technical information note) published by the BBRI is NIT114 and NIT120 (= explanation of NIT114 : Cheesy: )
Rather indigestible ...
Basic principle: You cannot mix water (cold, hot, potable, heating, well, rain ...)
So, connect the city water to the rainwater with 2 taps + rear valve = prohibited.
If your tank is empty 2 solutions:
-fill it (partly of course) with a garden hose
-use a central pump with automatic tilting Belgaqua approved city water (for example grundfoss mq system or wilo rainsystem)
Price of the "baby": 1240 € (basic version) to 2295 € (advanced version) :!:
0 x
Sometimes it is better to stop, reflect, and ask the right questions ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/01/10, 17:36

If they are so afraid that it will return water to the distribution network, they will have to impose the installation of a backflow preventer at the entrance to the installations carrying this risk.
In the extreme we can even have a regular check imposed on this backflow preventer and make two go up in series (redundancy)
In short, technical solutions exist. The risk of mixing circuits seems completely bogus.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/01/10, 21:36

there is a radical way to avoid any risk of mixing: completely remove the water supply

as much as to make efforts to maintain its rainwater system as much to take the opportunity to fully save the water subscription

At home it was even simpler I got my water cut because I could no longer afford to pay: I managed and now that it works well even if I found a job I don't want anymore chlorine water!

the intake water is good for cities where there is not enough m2 of roof per capita, nor space to put the tanks, but in the countryside it is so easy to store the water of rain that it's almost a waste to make networks ...

Finally for those who are a little thrifty, because in families where everyone wants to take 2 showers a day and wash the laundry when it is worn once the tank will always be empty!

Note !!! the water company did not even move to completely block my arrival of water! my personal network was under pressure and there was only the big tap under the road closed: if it had a micro leak I could have polluted the whole region with my toxic water ...

finally to avoid any problem, I dismantled the pipes at the outlet of the meter and put a plug
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 30/01/10, 19:00

To return to the contaminations of the public network by a return
of water. I would like to meditate on a problem that I encounter at least
5 to 6 times a year.
When we have a water cut, I noticed that the water
from the WC tank is sucked in through the tank valve. This water
returns to the public network.
The trouble is that the tank is not super clean. Still happy that I
do not put sense products to perfume the toilet every time
let’s flush.
Finally I solved the problem by having an anti return
before my counter.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/01/10, 19:34

the problem in france is that the laws are too complicated: until now, people have not shown me a law clearly prohibiting having 2 separate water networks, one of which has rainwater: provided there is no connection between the 2

the problem of lack of rainwater is easy to solve: electric level which controls a solenoid valve on the network water when the minimum level of the tank is reached ...

We must be wary of a lamentable principle in France: make laws too complicated for citizens to know them and oblige them to trust professionals to be informed: problem professionals only disseminate the laws that arrange them to sell more

we must put an end to the lamentable principle of "no one is supposed to ignore the law" and replace it with the laws that the state is incapable of making known are void

there is a human rights problem!
0 x
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 30/01/10, 19:49

Caramba

We vote
We suffer
Hasta la vista babe
It seems to me that a guy like Montesquieu said
"to have trembling fingers when touching the laws"
Our parliamentarians are non-Parkinson's

http://www.senat.fr/rap/apleg_08/apleg_0815.html

Bye bye
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
marc91
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

rainwater recovery, a financial history

by marc91 » 30/01/10, 20:03

Hello

I took care in my town to look closely at the regulations on the recovery of rainwater.

there is no problem using them for needs such as watering, car washing.
for the rest here is what the texts.

rainwater collected downstream of the roof may only be used subject to the implementation of the following minimum provisions:

· Separation and distinction of different networks.

Inviolability of non-potable water installations.

· Total disconnection between the rainwater installation and the drinking water network if the supplementary supply is ensured by the drinking water network.

Standard EN 1717 recommends, in the case of a fluid presenting a biological risk, protection of the drinking water network of type AA (total overflow - cf. standard NF P43-020) or AB (overflow with overflow - cf NF P 43-021 standard);

· Inside the buildings, the points of use of rainwater other than the supply of toilets must be placed in technical rooms.

They will be strictly differentiated and not usable by an unauthorized person. (pictogram, specific control key).

the problem is rather financial, a law voted by the parliament, but never applied, allows the communes to TAX the dwellings rejecting in the sewage networks of rainwater.
VERY unpopular, and difficult to implement at the time of the Grenelle environment.

in short, always big money stories!
0 x
tired of gogo's Greenest