Vortex cooling effect: effective?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Vortex cooling effect: effective?

by Grelinette » 29/05/09, 16:40

By browsing a subject on the manufacture of a natural air conditioning there was a link to a DIY that seems interesting and simple and of which here is the diagram that I think I have understood:
(Source: http://luc.merlovisking.chez-alice.fr/climat-clean.htm )

The Vortex effect would have the particularity of refrigerating the air which circulates in its center.

1 °) Do you think this air conditioning system works?
(I may have made mistakes in the diagram)

2 °) Has anyone already manufactured this refrigerating chimney system or another similar?

3 °) In the case of efficient operation, for a room of around 20 m2, what dimensions do you recommend for:
- the diameter and the height of the chimney tube (1),
- the diameter and the length of the internal cooling tube (2)
- the diameter and height of the vortex turbine, as well as the angle of the fins (3)
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
yanyan26
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yanyan26 » 29/05/09, 19:40

Hello

I know the cabinet cooler vortex effect but it works with compressed air, thanks to the rapid movement of air
See all details:
http://kermaz.exair.com/spotcooling/vtpage.htm?gclid=COXbz7mH4poCFQZgZwodExgWBw
0 x
http://yanyan.26.free.fr/

Nature is a balance parfait.Si you know look good, it will reveal to you can be his secret.
Jacob127
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jacob127 » 27/02/10, 21:34

Good evening everyone,

I answer with my qq knowledge of thermo and mecaflotte ...

The vortex is there because the centrifugal force increases the density outside, reduces it inside (conservation of mass flow).
In fact, there is a cooling, the pipe which plunges through it is therefore a very poor heat exchanger. Create at least some good roughness on the surface, add fins to it. The must remains a pipe whose interior is a honeycomb.

The vortex is created by the fins (very good), and by the depression (techno choices more questionable). The latter is linked to the expansion of hot air, and therefore to its change in density. It would be much more judicious to place in height (no need to go up to 6 or 8 m high!) A solar heat exchanger. Make a serpentine of black painted pipes, e.g. Only the surface offered to the sun really counts. What will slow you down is the pressure drop associated with heat exchangers. it is a compromise to be made, as always.

But the idea is very good: we need air conditioners in summer, when this system is most efficient. It can work backwards in winter (with a pump, I grant you) for heating.

Ecolo'ement
Jacob 127

[Edit] At first glance, I doubt that a reasonably sized household installation will produce enough vacuum to cool a refrigeration chamber.
0 x
"Everyone is right from their own point of view, but it is not impossible that everyone is wrong", Gandhi
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

vortex effect

by oli 80 » 28/02/10, 11:57

hello, here is the site of jonule
http://mon.danstagueule.fr.free.fr/NRJr ... imple.html

you will find there the means of exploiting the non photovoltaic solar energy, there is also the system "vortex effect" which is evoked.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 28/02/10, 13:38

this system is available in the industry

there is no tube in the center which acts as a heat exchanger: it is simply a part of the compressed supply air which comes out cold through the center and the other part of the flow which comes out hot through the outside the tourbillon

it has the advantage of being simple but the energy yield is very bad: in addition it makes a hellish noise
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 28/02/10, 14:16

It seems to me that this system is used for the air conditioning of certain aircraft.
(Airbus?). It consumes an infernal power taken from compressed air directly at the compressor outlet of a turbine. Chui not manage to find a link on the net ... : Cry: They speak of a system also with air sampling but of more "classic" invoice with exchanger and compressor.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 28/02/10, 14:38

Flytox wrote:It seems to me that this system is used for the air conditioning of certain aircraft.
(Airbus?). It consumes an infernal power taken from compressed air directly at the compressor outlet of a turbine.

??
On all commercial aircraft, air is taken from the compressors of the engines for pressurization and air conditioning: as it is too hot (200 ° C) it is cooled by pressure drop + heat exchangers cooled by When the pressure drops, the compressed air passes through a wheel which recovers energy for the forced air system ...
A small explanation of the A320 case (but it's the same for other planes):
http://www.limsi.fr/Individu/delbende/e ... 20A320.htm
0 x
Jacob127
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jacob127 » 28/02/10, 17:56

+1 for oiseautempete: these are exactly my lessons on the air exchangers ;-)

I withdraw what I said: it seems possible to make an installation of reasonable size to cool to 2 ° C a volume of air of 1m³ (taken as a cube for calculations) isolated by a resistance wall thermal R = 1,6W / m²K (5cm of insulation that contains air: expanded foam, natural wool ...)

The exchange surface is 6m², and the conduction loss flux is 70W (worse than if we counted natural convection)
Patm / P = (Text / T) ^ g / (1-g)
It is assumed that the outside air is at 20 ° C. To create the 2 ° C of air initially at Patm, a vacuum of 20265Pa is required
The vortex creates the depression which balances the centrifugal force. The orthoradial speed at the periphery of the tube which collects the cold air must be Uth = 127m / s
A long speed is also required to advance the fresh air to our enclosure: Qm.Cp.T = Loss flow (70W)
Qm = 0,26g / s, i.e. Uz = 0,6m / s

All this implies that a kinetic energy E = 1 / 2.rho. (Uz² + Uth²) = 9880 J / m³ is supplied by the exchanger.
It draws its energy from the sun, and rather than putting a simple chimney, I suggest you use two planes of 1mx1m distant 2cm, and between which you will have placed vertical fins all along, spaced by 2cm too. Sectional view from above, it looks like this.

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... Qx3f9t.jpg

Graschoff and Prandtl pass by there, the correlations of exchangers of my courses too (I thank you for all that, I realize that it becomes undrinkable as a post: if you want other explanations, MP-ez me)

The exchanger is to be painted black, and made of metal. The outlet is higher than the inlet, and the coils must be horizontal (otherwise the air stagnates in an elbow). I considered that it receives 500W, which is almost realistic if we want to make it work a little more than in summer, and as long as a cloud passes by there ...

Here is what to make a small fridge for cheap! I think I will even try.

Well, I just saw that you have to calculate the inclination of the fins, and that it's almost 90 °. This is probably what is holding us back

[edit 1]: diagram of the solar fridge
[edit 2]: 127m / s to spin! it's not for today
0 x
"Everyone is right from their own point of view, but it is not impossible that everyone is wrong", Gandhi
Ulysses Napo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Refrigerant Vortex Effect: effective?

by Ulysses Napo » 01/06/21, 11:34

Hello everybody
I come back to this discussion 10 years later in order to get feedback on your installations.

I am interested in the performance of solar air conditioners based on thermal and vortex effect. And I will be very advanced if some who tried to make a version (more or less qualitative, I will not judge;)) could give me some information on it. For example, I would like to know the approximate size of the installation and the room to be cooled, the materials and the technique used and finally the feeling or a measure of the quantity of cold that such a system can produce.

Do not hesitate to answer (here or by messaging) even if your installation is rudimentary and not very functional or if you do not have a lot of information, it is a very interesting subject but I find very few studies serious. Any information is therefore welcome.

please

Solar air conditioning, renewable cooling, solar cooling, renewable air conditioning, home air conditioner, DIY air conditioner, low carbon air conditioner
1 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Refrigerant Vortex Effect: effective?

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/06/21, 15:12

0 x