Pump capacitor nocchi

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
mibru
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pump capacitor nocchi

by mibru » 11/04/09, 12:47

Hello,

My pump (less than three years old) has broken down. By plugging it into the sector I hear a noise but it does not switch on. The table did not start.

I'm told it can be the condenser. Could someone guide me to disassemble and access the condenser? Thank you.

NOCCHI DOMINATOR 5 '' 70/75 PUMP
0 x
bobono
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Motor capacitor of a pump

by bobono » 11/04/09, 21:12

Go see this site all the different mounting.

http://webelec.waika9.com/robertg/motmono.html#TYPE .

Certain single-phase motors operate without capacitors. The phase shift is produced by a ring or ring which surrounds one of the coils.
As the engine starts with a slight imbalance between the two coils, a seizure is sufficient for a breakdown.
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 11/04/09, 22:39

hello mibru
disassembly from above, a screw under the waterproof capsule and direct access to the capacitor
see map : http://www.nocchi.it/immagini/oggetti/877.pdf

it can also be the float contact
but if it is mechanical you can throw it away because multicellular pumps are very difficult to repair, even for the pros it is not profitable.

it is a clear water pump if it has pumped a charged water it can be blocked but in this case it will trip.
I think that the diagnosis of the condo is the right one ...

a + keeps us informed
0 x
mibru
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

In Boubka

by mibru » 11/04/09, 23:40

How can I find out if it's a float problem? I shook it, I hear the same noise as before but the pump still does not start.

Note that the pump worked until yesterday evening. Yesterday, I changed my bladder of my Zilmet balloon (200L), it was pierced.

I don't see how I can access the capacitor from above. It does not seem to me that there is access to the interior of the pump. I add: that this pump is not even three years old, the water pumped (old well restarted), does not have muddy water.
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 12/04/09, 10:24

Hello
looking more carefully at the plan it looks like you have to remove the screw in the center of the strainer and unscrew the strainer from the body. then remove the body from above.
as it makes noise when you plug it in I also think about the condo.
0 x
mibru
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Reply to Boubka

by mibru » 12/04/09, 18:03

Hello Boubka,

I moved the pump a little by its screw which I can access a little and with difficulty by the step after having removed "the filter" there is a screw to remove it at the bottom of the pump. This runs so the engine seems not to be stuck ...

I wonder how to make the waterproofing then once reassembled: if I manage to access the condo !!!

Is the seal on its own or does something special need to be done to shut off the pump?

Thank you for participating so actively in my repair.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/04/09, 23:13

specify a little what pump you are talking about!

if it is a surface pump the condenser is in the motor terminal box

if it is a submerged pump the condenser is not in the pump but in the surface box

Chinese capacitors are getting smaller

however there has been no progress in capacitor technology: so when they are too small it is simply because they are undersized

I change dead capacitors more and more often on low-end pumps ...
0 x
mibru
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Reply to chatelot16

by mibru » 13/04/09, 08:45

Hello chatelot 16.

I have already stated the name and model of my pump: NOCCHI DOMINATOR 5 "70/75 PUMP.

It is a submerged pump.

Thank you for your contribution.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/04/09, 11:21

so do not dismantle the pump but look for where the condenser is in the electrical box

then the capacitor is not necessarily completely dead: it is often partially burnt out: it has too low a capacity and the motor no longer has enough torque to start

the easiest way is to change it

it is also possible to control it by plugging it directly into the 220 and measuring the current it consumes: it allows you to calculate its capacity and see if it is good
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/04/09, 11:43

I just opened your pdf: alas it is a condenser incorporated in the pump

it will therefore have to be dismantled and successfully reassembled in a sealed manner: it will not be easy

for your next pump always buy a model with capacitor to mount on the surface

on the pdf it seems to me that everything is wedged by a large thread at the bottom of the pump: if you can unscrew it the pump must come out and the top cover must be able to disengage: the seal is made by 2 O-ring: you can hope that it is waterproof by simply closing

but it is not sure that it is a thread at the bottom of the pump: it is sometimes welded or crimped
0 x