Save money and money

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
canares
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Save money and money

by canares » 21/01/09, 14:30

The problem of water scarcity is very present and very worrying. there is a fairly effective solution to save water is to recover the one that falls from the sky.

http://www.developpementdurable.com/con ... -plan.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/01/09, 14:35

My opinion on water recovery is really mixed!

a) Rainwater for the garden: 100% econological = cheap to invest and zero cost to use = all good!

b) Rainwater for shower or WC with automated concrete tank, filtration, suppressor and all the bazaar: 100% deconological = expensive for investment, pumping and maintenance costs often more expensive than the equivalent CLEAN water bill for MUCH LESS CLEAN water = not good at all! How much is m3 of water billed € 8000? Answer: generally more than the life of the installation (except tank) ...In short I think that collecting rainwater for something other than the garden is economic bullshit!

Finally, everyone is free to do what they want ... but the ecologists who install a rainwater tank would do better to put these € 8000 extra cost in solar or energy savings (insulation) ... because unlike the fossil energy which disappears when it is consumed, water can regenerate and purify itself naturally (even if in many cases it is necessary to help it). Water is part of a sustainable natural cycle: it is the water cycle!
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 21/01/09, 19:34

The recovery of rainwater for a use other than the garden or vehicle washing is only justified in relatively arid regions.

I completely agree with Christophe concerning the duration of the amortization of the installation and that lifetime!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 21/01/09, 20:28

The subject is better here : Mrgreen:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 21/01/09, 21:02

Quite frankly, without wanting to appear contested, I don't see
not how do we find 8000 € for an installation.

I did my installation as I have already explained with 3 rings
well. In j not arrive at this price.
In the detail it gives in broad sympathy because I
don't remember the prices too much:
€ 51 excl.VAT / ring = € 153
25 € to dig the hole.
€ 20 of pvc 110 fittings
2 bag of cement = € 8
100 € a hydro group that has been operating for 4 years
20 € a few meters of 1 "pvc pipe and
50 € a handful of fittings
All done in the 500 € by cash super large.
The capacity of my tank is + -2000 l useful

I made another 30 l in blocks which cost me
hardly more expensive. I don't understand how we can justify 8000 €
My water consumption is 110 M3 / year of city water and
of + - 150M3 of rainwater. My family consists of 2 adults
and 3 teenagers. The economy is very real and justifies the investment.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/01/09, 22:11

Rabbit you are (a super) handyman and not everyone is ... I was talking about "turnkey" offers (with double network and everything ...) for new homes! And in this case, it is very easy to obtain € 8000 with a buried concrete tank of 4 to 6m3 ...

It may not be justified as a cost but it is the market prices and to what looks like when it’s green MUST BE EXPENSIVE... : Evil: : Evil:
Last edited by Christophe the 22 / 01 / 09, 09: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x
Olivier22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Olivier22 » 22/01/09, 02:05

We can also discuss the interest of a tank of 10 to 20 m3 ... Frankly you think that's what falls on the roof with each downpour ?? (maybe on the roof of Versailles!)
Even at home in Brittany ...
If you consider that the big thunderstorms do not last more than a few hours and are quite rare, and that the interminable rains of autumn are more drizzle than anything else, and that while they last we use water in at home, I think we should be able to recover almost as much rainwater (over a year) with 3 or 4 barrels as with a 10000 L tank.
A huge tank is for optimization: being able to recover EVERYTHING, even in the event of a deluge. But we can very well be content to recover A LARGE GAME with gear that costs nothing.

You will tell me, it depends on the region, yes, in the Midi there are surely less long drizzle and more heavy heavy downpours ... Sure.

It would take feedback from someone who has a large tank at home, but I doubt that these tanks often contain more water than air.
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 22/01/09, 11:29

In fact the interest of a large tank is to have water
rain during the summer months when it rains the least. Either late July-August.
We must see the consumption that we do during this period
and calculate the useful volume based on this information.
The volume must then be adjusted by measuring the volume
of water supplied by the roof in May and June, removing consumption
The objective is to have a full tank by the end of July.
If the roof is small, there is no point in having a mega tank.
even if the roof is particularly important.
worth calculating the ideal size, which avoids construction costs
useless.
That said, it is possible to store winter rain, but it requires
an installation still very important.
My 30l tank has only the roof of a small house and half
from that of a neighbor. In August we expect the rare rains (when the summer is dry) with anguish.
For the other tank, there is so much roof that a simple wave is enough
to fill it. But once or twice a year we fall dry during
1 week or 2.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/09, 12:05

Rabbit wrote:If the roof is small, there is no point in having a mega tank.

Well it's funny I would have reasoned the opposite: the larger the roof, the less you need storage volume since it will be filled faster: any small downpour that can restock the storage volume.

In other words: with a small roof, more storage would be needed to be able to store for long periods in the absence of prolonged rain ...

Am I wrong?

How much is approximately L / m².year in our Rabbit region?
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 23/01/09, 17:41

Bonjour,

Christophe wrote:b) Rainwater for the shower or WC with automated concrete tank, filtration, suppressor and all the bazaar: 100% deconological = expensive for investment, pumping and maintenance cost often more expensive than the invoice equivalent CLEAN water for MUCH LESS CLEAN water = not good at all!
How much is m3 of water billed € 8000? Answer: generally more than the life of the installation (except tank) ...
In short I think that collecting rainwater for something other than the garden is economic bullshit!

Finally everyone is free to do what they want ... but the ecologists who install a rainwater tank would do better to put these € 8000 extra cost in solar or energy savings (insulation) ... because unlike fossil energy which disappears when it is consumed, water can regenerate and purify itself naturally (even if in many cases it must be helped). Water is part of a sustainable natural cycle: it is the water cycle!

It is because of this type of extremist reasoning that I no longer come to this forum ...

Christophe often forgets other elements to take into consideration than the simple relation to the price of M3 at home .. !!

Christophe often forgets the qualitative aspect in this subject by basing himself only on the green and the economical ..!

Christophe generalizes and amalgamates things a little too quickly ...!

Christophe judges all too easily the things he knows less ... as well as the people who practice these things ...!

Christophe is still far too naive about the general, current and especially future water situation, as well as "its cycle" ...!

and for example, I would tell you that some are more "handyman" than others, more "resourceful" than others, more "intuitive" than others ... and do not be fooled by the "key in hand "...
therefore, no need to shoot anything that moves indiscriminately!

and personally, I am in complete rainwater autonomy with a water quality that the "network" cannot assure me ... and I am not looking for financial profitability (which I know will be in the long term), but the qualitative and ecological profitability, without forgetting the independence (without worry for the material!) which will soon be a privilege !!
(also, I have 30M3 of storage which overflows constantly at the moment with only 100M2)

one of my close friends who installed at the same time as me and on the same principles, has an install of 18 M3 for full autonomy also for a total investment (all complete equipment + works + deliveries + VAT) from - from 5000 € .. !!!

> everyone would also do better to invest the same price in this type of autonomous project rather than slamming the triple in a new car !!

Ciao....
0 x
well hello to you !! ...

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "