Recover wastewater, how to do it?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
kangaroo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Recover wastewater, how to do it?

by kangaroo » 19/08/08, 19:08

Hello,

I would like to recover my used water (only the used water from my sink, my sink, and the washing machine), these waters there I would like to recover to replenish my toilet flush and my garden watering, being able to water my vegetable garden and wash my car with.

How can I do it?
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 19/08/08, 21:40

Just a remark

To water the vegetable garden, the sewage filled with soap and other various products which pass in the sinks I do not think that it is the top.
0 x
Flytox

Re: I would like to recover the wastewater, how do I do this?

by Flytox » 19/08/08, 22:15

Bonjour à tous
kangourou wrote:I would like to recover my waste water (only the waste water from my sink, my sink, and the washing machine), these waters there I would like to recover to replenish my flush ...

The idea seems judicious, but what is the long term effect of the detergent on a septic tank, grease box etc ...:?:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/08/08, 22:23

In fact, the water full of detergent makes a good fertilizer, even that that poses a problem in rivers (proliferation of algae and vegetation).
Anyway, it must decant, in a container of several cubic meters.
Wouldn't it be better to collect rainwater, which is a little less polluted. (You still have to decant a little)
The real problem of decantation being the (expensive) evacuation of sludge : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/08/08, 22:25

Domestic wastewater is divided into two categories: sludge and gray water.
The ones you want to use are gray water: "the waste water from my sink, my sink, and the washing machine"; black water comes from toilets.

It is indeed possible to envisage a second use of gray water, depending on the deterioration of their quality during their first use and the requirements of the second use. Things are not so simple ...

Potentially, it is the washing machine that risks seriously degrading the quality of the water, it all depends on the type of detergent used and the volume of detergent water compared to the total gray water.
It seems very undesirable to spread this type of water in a garden, while what comes from the sinks and the sink is, a priori, quite harmless.

It seems to me that it should be limited to the clearest waters and, transplant on the evacuation pipe at a point allowing to select the effluents according to this criterion.
Then, a storage tank must be provided below the collection point, or, if this is not possible, a small delivery tank * towards a tank under load.
An automatic booster pump can then redistribute the water at the chosen points, which involves transplanting onto the distribution, making sure to isolate this water from that coming from the public network.
In practice it is not easy, (except to set up a double tap) but it is a legal obligation.
It is also imperative for the proper functioning of the assembly, to install a filter easily accessible at the sampling point, before the storage tank. There must also be a drain for the overflow.

The question must be asked whether it is not simpler to collect rainwater, easier to collect, with regular quality, and requiring only simple filtration?

It should be noted that sewage, which poses the greatest concerns for its purification, can be purely and simply eliminated by opting for dry toilets. This solution also has the advantage of providing an excellent fertilizer for the garden, transforming bulky waste into a precious product.

* requires a backup pump controlled by a float.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/08/08, 22:40

I generally agree with you, Ahmed, except for the recovery of the m ... : Cry: , I thought it was forbidden, so as not to spread typhus, I think .....
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/08/08, 23:01

Too bad, it's the most interesting!

I didn't know you had typhus (lol!).

More seriously, long-term fermentation and composting effectively eliminates pathogens, then surface spreading provides additional security by UV sterilization.
Reincorporating these fertilizers is a major challenge for tomorrow's agriculture (without cheap oil) and it is today for the countries of the south.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 19/08/08, 23:10

Everything goes anyway in the flytox skeptic tank, old installations with separation of gray and black water are very rare.

As for the recovery of gray water towards the flushing or the garden, the two devices that I know, it is phytoepuration, or purification in tanks and internal filters.

If you are in a house, a grease trap followed by a planted reed filter with vertical flow and then a planted filter with horizontal flow. This phyto in your garden will be enough to clean the water enough to exploit it for the garden. It is better to limit the detergent, grease, suspended matter and reduce the content of phosphates and nitrates. Afterwards, a small pump allows you to do that.

Otherwise, you have to do the same thing with a series of internal filters and tanks. It is offered on the internet.

I find only stuff for rainwater, sorry:
http://www.outilssolaires.com/composants/default.htm

You may find your happiness in the huge site on this question: http://www.eautarcie.com
http://www.eautarcie.com
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 19/08/08, 23:14

As soon as I get my hands on the internal filtration device I pass it ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 19/08/08, 23:35

Hello,
the water from the sink, the washbasin and the dishwasher may be "greasy" .... I remember a country house where the grease trap (outlet of the kitchen water, then a "lost well" further on , hole in the ground filled with stones and wire mesh) was accessible via a grid on the top, the owner told me that the former tenant was watering his vegetable garden with a pump in it and apparently had great vegetables ...

on the other hand I know that my sister uses the outlet of her washing machine to fill a rainwater collector / tank to water her garden, she recovers 150 to 200 liters per machine, nickel (she uses soapnuts as detergent with stain remover).
0 x