Drilling, dirty water problem

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
frederic66
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Drilling, dirty water problem

by frederic66 » 18/07/08, 18:52

Hello, I'm explaining my PB.
I drilled 33 meters in February 2006. The water rises to 10 meters from the surface. The pump is located 2 meters below the water level.
For more than 2 years no PB.
It's been 2 weeks since the water from my borehole has started to flow dark. It contains some very fine gray brown sand. It lasted 2 to 3 days then the water became clear again as before.Today the water from my borehole flows like 15 days ago and beyond for 4 days.
Can someone be what it can be?
Having worked properly for more than 2 years, I do not understand why this is no longer going.
Normally over time it gets better and better.
Thank you for the help you could give me.
Good day and THANK YOU.
FRED
0 x
frederick lopez
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 18/07/08, 19:22

Hello
Normally a borehole, even if the water is close to the surface, we drill more hollow to go into a layer of sand to have a filtered water a deep water, avoiding the surface water
often the well consists of a tube, either plastic or steel sometimes a section is deformed or weld breaks, or in the longer term corrosion surface water enters the well
It also happens that following an intensive pumping there is a rise of fine sabon, which disturbs the water, the well sometimes needs to be cleaned (empty the fine sand from the bottom), normally there should remain only sand rude at the bottom.

a method consists in pumping the well (at the bottom) and listening if there is a flow of surface water falling at the bottom which would indicate the pierced shirt

With a string and a small weighing, once the well emptied, you can measure the level, and make measurements, to see how quickly the filling is done (the good water coming from below)

Andre
0 x
frederic66
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by frederic66 » 18/07/08, 20:06

thank you for your reply
The option you gave me to empty the well is impossible, the water level does not drop below 11 meters.
I do not think there is a detenched defect in the pipes because PVC glued special drilling from Fransbonhome.
I am not doing intensive pumping.
The only option is the presence of sand at the bottom. It seems strange but good, the sand is present at the outlet of my pump.
So if I understand correctly, I would have to probe my drilling, according to my survey, I suck the bottom of my drilling to remove the sand.
I thought that in 2 years, the bottom sand would be coarse and filter even better.
can we vacuum the bottom with my pump without damaging it?
If not possible, I'll wait until Monday to rent a pump to pump the sand from the bottom of the well.
Thank you for your very quick answer.
FRED
0 x
frederick lopez
Other

by Other » 19/07/08, 01:27

Hello
I thought that in 2 years, the bottom sand would be coarse and filter even better.
can we vacuum the bottom with my pump without damaging it?

Normally a pump in a well continuously pumps very fine sand suspended in the water (visible to the eye in a glass when the water is stirred in the sun) over the years the coarse sand remains the coarse coarse sand pocket , and the natural filter increases in volume, the system improves.
Where it can be deregler it is a powerful pump and a large pumped flow it causes too much sand and sand the bottom of the well goes up (some pump have a very fine mesh to prevent the sand from going up)
the pumps have anti-abrasive plastic turbines which maintain a certain resistance to sand, but do not pump mud continuously, there are pumps specially designed to clean a well.
normally the cleaning operation of a well is done every 10 years following the consumption of the well.
But before considering this it is necessary to examine the nature of the water

If we let the pumped dirty water sit if in a few hours it deposits at the bottom it is sand from the bottom.
If it takes a day and more to clear up it is muddy surface water.

Some after digging or cleaning an empty well, a 50c pool filter sand in the bottom

Andre
0 x
frederic66
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by frederic66 » 31/07/08, 22:17

: 1: Hi, since the last message, everything was back to normal. Tonight, I just watered the garden for 2/2 hour and the water is turned brown, presence of very fine sand in the water, I filled a bucket to see what material it was. Tomorrow morning I will try again, if the water continues to flow dirty, what should I do? My drilling is only XNUMX years old.
Thanks for the help.
0 x
frederick lopez
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 01/08/08, 11:55

Does surface water come around your drill point when there is heavy rain?
Because it can flow from the surface along the pipeline. It happened to one of my brothers.
0 x
frederic66
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by frederic66 » 01/08/08, 12:01

Hello, thank you for your interest in my PB.
During heavy rain, surface water does not pass near my borehole. The entrance to my borehole is concreted on 3 square meters.
0 x
frederick lopez
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/08/08, 12:12

Have you contacted the DRIRE in your region? They may be aware of underground "pollution"?

Otherwise there are also local organizations for the management of groundwater.

Maybe you should contact them right?
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "