EN 1717 standards pump prices

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
val56
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

EN 1717 standards pump prices

by val56 » 11/01/08, 19:52

I inquired about the price of the pump that meets EN 1717 standards. Admittedly, it is not cheap, around 1300 euros.
it makes the return on investment even more difficult.

Are there any of you who installed a pump without the total overflow system, or who would tinker with its overflow to meet standards at a lower cost?

When I take a closer look at the proposed systems, it is actually a flushing system that is installed under the pump.
This could possibly be DIY yourself.

What do you think?
0 x
val56
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by val56 » 11/01/08, 22:04

I saw that one could also use the tank to make the overflow, by filling the tank with tap water. Had to think about it : Cheesy:
Are there any who use this solution?
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 11/01/08, 23:00

Hi Val56,

the price you mention is one of the lowest on the market, and HT !!
(for "installer" prices) ..

Are there any of you who installed a pump without the total overflow system, or who would tinker with its overflow to meet standards at a lower cost?

yes ... : Lol:

Are there any who use this solution?

yes ... : Lol:
on the other hand, I opted for this system (the simplest and the least expensive that I know!) but just to "do well", to reassure a possible controller, because there is no question for me to inject chlorinated city water in my cisterns .. !!
because personal in view of my reserve and my consumption .. I am not ready to be dry .. !! , so the problem does not bother me ..

but, must it be said that these automated pumping modules are only "interesting" in a city water changeover hypothesis> <relatively frequent EDP ...
because if you have a well-dimensioned installation with safety margin (in volume) and that you only risk possibly being dry 1 X or 2 / year ... does the investment of this type of material is justified .. ??

if you want to realize a system of total disconnection yourself and not expensive, there are 2 possibilities that (personal) I put forward:
or, city ​​water overflow in the EDP tank.
(if we accept city water in the EDP tank ..)
or, the 2 arrivals (mains water / EDP) placed side by side in //, facing an internal circuit departure connected to one OU the other inlet via a flexible ...> in this case, the changeover is manual to reverse the flexible from one inlet to the other according to ... and the 2 waters pass through the same internal circuit, but the 2 networks are never connected to each other.

I hope I have been clear enough .. : Lol:

cordially : Wink:
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
val56
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by val56 » 17/01/08, 18:22

thank you for your answers p'tit pierrot

Why would it be a problem to put city water in the rainwater pit?
If I did, I would supply it with a solenoid valve which would open just enough to pass a few dozen liters (tempo), so as not to obviously fill the tank. Which would be a mess at the first downpour.

Your second solution by manually reversing the internal hose does not meet the standard in 1717, since when you are going to switch it from the rain circuit to the city circuit there is a risk of residual flow, therefore of dispersion of bacteria.

I'm going to tackle the first solution: overflow into the rainwater recovery pit.
But I do not know how to go about it Should I speak to a professional or is it simple to do by a handyman that I am?

Thank you for enlightening me on this subject
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 17/01/08, 22:57

Hi Val56,

if you inject city water (chlorinated) in the EDP, you will modify the physico-chemical characteristics of the EDP ... probably very good before that ... (if concrete storage ..) : Cry:
pity ...

this system is very easy to set up ..: by pulling the pumping pipe (PE diam 32), you pull a second pipe (PE diam 25) in parallel towards the tank to make your "emergency supply" in city water ..
and it only costs you that second hose and a valve or solenoid valve if you prefer ... :P

for the second solution, just at the outlet of the flexible pipe, install an EA pollution control valve there so as not to have this "residual return".

to meditate ... to improve to everyone's taste ..

cordially :D
0 x
well hello to you !! ...