Filter and drainage for rainwater recovery pit

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
val56
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Filter and drainage for rainwater recovery pit

by val56 » 13/11/07, 19:15

Hello
I am currently under construction, and I am going to install a rainwater recovery system with a 5000 liter pit (Brittany) to supply the toilets and the washing machine.
On the finance side, I'm a little tight, that's why at first I have the pit installed (all water) and the necessary plumbing. Only the installation of the booster group and filters will remain.
I will also keep the installation of the prefilter and on this subject, I like a homemade solution (seen on this site), which is to install a filter basket in a manhole.
This basket apparently filters at 0.9mm, which still seems quite large to me.
Are there baskets with finer filtration?

Second subject:
around my house I install drains to facilitate the evacuation of the water being in the foundations.
Is there a contraindication to bringing this water into the rainwater recovery pit? :?

Thank you in advance for clarifying a little on this subject

Val56
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 13/11/07, 21:43

Hello val56,

I do not know if it is my prefilter that you are talking about, but if it is the case, this filter basket has a mesh of 0.35 m / m, and not of 0.9 ....

but I can tell you that this finesse is already very interesting !! , and in my opinion ... sufficient ...

be careful not to forget to take into account the "loss" of difference in level compared to this filter basket, it is 18 cm in H., therefore difference in level of +/- 20 cm to be expected upstream of the tank ...
and depending on the heightening that you put, you can possibly put this prefilter on the tank, which will prevent it from moving or collapsing with the compaction of the earth ...

pay attention to the choice of look in which you will put this filter basket !! ... personally, I only found at home 1 store that sells a look that is 40X40 shooting , because the basket has a diameter of 41! ....

concerning the drain, I who am "purist", I would not do it ....
but if you only consider that as the use of water ... you can if you want ... but the water may be more "muddy", but with a tank of 5000 l. in Brittany and for these uses only, I do not think that you need to add drainage water .....

cordially :?
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/11/07, 22:27

the prefilter is good but whatever the fineness which rots in the prefilter eventually returning: at my place the solution is to lose the water at each onset of rain and to send the water to the clean tank only when the roof has been rinsed

when with drainage water it is a shame to mix it with clean water

other detail: do not allow a full tank to overflow: it only concentrates the dirt that falls on the roof

if you are afraid of running out of water and you need drainage water you need 2 different tanks: but in Brittany I thought it was not the desert ...
0 x
val56
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by val56 » 14/11/07, 10:50

Thank you for your answers
I will drop the recovery of water from the drains then, it seems wiser ...

P'tit Pierrot, where did you get this diam 41 filter?
0 x
little sparrow
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by little sparrow » 14/11/07, 19:15

Bonjour,

chatelot16 wrote:the prefilter is good but whatever the fineness which rots in the prefilter eventually by entering:

heuuu .. 'excuse me but, if we choose a "manual" prefilter (in contrast to a "self-cleaning" ..), we also choose to take responsibility for checking from time to time other its prefilter, and to empty / clean it at the same time ....
we do not let the dirt "rot" in it !! ...
I don't check it after every rain of course, but I check it regularly to find out precisely what really falls from the roof with the rain ..., and I can tell you that the amount of dirt is really minimal, and with the exit at the bottom, this dirt is not immersed in water, but "dry" in the basket since the pre-filter is permanently empty .....

and as for the "self-cleaning" prefilter system, I am well reserved, because for me, the purpose of an installation is to recover water, and not to lose it !! ...
and the so-called 90 or 95% recovery with this type of prefilter .... 'must stop dreaming !!!
(not to mention the outlet constraints in some cases ..)

chatelot16 wrote:other detail: do not allow a full tank to overflow: it only concentrates the dirt that falls on the roof

heuuuu .... don't exaggerate either !!! .....

val56 wrote:P'tit Pierrot, where did you get this diam 41 filter?

I answer you in MP ...

cordially :?
0 x
well hello to you !! ...
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 15/11/07, 07:46

Hello

If the peripheral drain of the house is made according to the "rules of the art"
that is to say

- against wall in chipboards or slabs

-tube draining in a sock consists of a bidim and filled with ballast at the bottom of the cunette

-all covered with a draining felt

-and filling the trench with all-purpose 0/14

The water that comes out of there is spring water (fully filtered at the particle level)

Hello
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 15/11/07, 09:54

Hello,
good info here:
http://www.tiez-breiz.org/drains.htm

if not for the filtration of rainwater also, it is possible to build oneself sand filters, which wash dirty water, then to make it drinkable like the filter cartridges of tap water, we can also have coal layers etc ...

some info:
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/eau/r%E9cup%20%E9puration.html
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 04/08/08, 15:43

Hello,
In my house, there is no filter before the tank; that bothers me :D
What I want is to prevent the first water from going into the tank ...
It exists? I have searched, but I can only find filters, manuals, or self-cleaning.
Otherwise, I would make it myself ... :?
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/08/08, 10:54

Hello,
What exactly do you want to do?
divert rainwater at the start of rain before entering the tank?

for that there are solenoid valves that you place at the input with timer on rain detection ... but there is more simple I saw a mechanical system, basically the 1st waters fall into a container, when it is filled by gravitation it connects downhill rain, and voila! then the container empties ...

it must be on forum in sketch I think if my memory is still good?
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 05/08/08, 11:01

jonule wrote:Hello,
What exactly do you want to do?
divert rainwater at the start of rain before entering the tank?

for that there are solenoid valves that you place at the input with timer on rain detection ... but there is more simple I saw a mechanical system, basically the 1st waters fall into a container, when it is filled by gravitation it connects downhill rain, and voila! then the container empties ...

it must be on forum in sketch I think if my memory is still good?

Yes, that's exactly it, divert the first rainwater.
Yes, a person told me "we talked about it on econolgie", but I did not find :?
I avoid the solenoid valves, I would prefer a float system.
A mechanical system, yes : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)