Rainwater recovery

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Flash
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Rainwater recovery

by Flash » 16/05/07, 09:10

Good morning all.
I wish to install dearly a rainwater recovery tank and use this water for my washing machine and my WC. I do not wish to bury my tank, are there health risks if the water is exposed to the sun?

The thank you box : Mrgreen:
0 x
vincent27
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vincent27 » 16/05/07, 09:57

No, if the circulation is sufficient and the filtering at the entrance is sufficiently fine (and not too many trees around the roofs).
However, you have to be careful with the frost.
In addition, a concrete tank naturally regulates the pH of the water.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/05/07, 10:05

A little internal research gives this:

Rainwater recovery
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 16/05/07, 15:28

The main risk linked to sun exposure remains the proliferation of algae.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 16/05/07, 17:49

Agree with Targol!

Take a look at the aquarium websites, there are quite a few and they are very well documented on the properties of water and its maintenance ...
0 x
robbery
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by robbery » 17/05/07, 01:43

It is true, that preferably it is better to put the tank to the north.

In addition, water trickles onto the roof and washes it.
With ambient pollution, if you want to consume it, you must filter it with the same kind of filters as for swimming pools (gravitational filter).
If you want there to be a little pressure to use it at a tap, you must collect the water as soon as the roof is born and perch the tank as high as possible.

If you are green enough and use biodegradable washing products, you can even use the water from the sinks to water your garden, drop by drop ...
Water will become scarce, it's also good to save it.
0 x
Bagnoles burn in the suburbs, it is after all only of self-destruction:
Etienne
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Recovery of rainwater

by Etienne » 01/06/07, 00:47

Flash wrote:Good morning all.
I wish to install dearly a rainwater recovery tank and use this water for my washing machine and my WC. I do not wish to bury my tank, are there health risks if the water is exposed to the sun?

The thank you box : Mrgreen:

I am a user of a flexible tank purchased from a small company (Ecoleaugik.com). The choice stopped on a flexible tank, although my land allowed PE, or a concrete tank, which they also offer.
The advantage is that I was able to install it in my crawlspace but there is always a way to install them under a wooden terrace, ...
It's been 2 years now and not a worry. If my memories are correct, it is possible to store them outside. It is anti-UV treated and no oxygen which would promote the development of small babies. Still 2 years and I amortized my investment because I use water for my washing machine, 2WC and outside.
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 01/06/07, 01:00

Etienne wrote:
It's been 2 years now and not a worry. [...] Still 2 years and I amortized my investment because I use water for my washing machine, 2WC and outside.

Either you don't consume a lot of water, or you consume a lot of it but mainly drinkable, or you paid for it very dearly for your tank, right? : Shock:
0 x
robbery
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by robbery » 01/06/07, 01:11

There is also the possibility of recovering rainwater for a green roof, with a slope of less than 10% (so that the earth does not get blocked) and plants with an insignificant root system (thyme type).
It is true that the investment of a tank that amortizes over 4 years seems huge to me: either your flexible pocket is of extraordinary quality, or the price of water in your corner is prohibitive.

The important thing is that you are happy with it!
0 x
Bagnoles burn in the suburbs, it is after all only of self-destruction:
vincent27
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vincent27 » 02/06/07, 09:25

For my new house, I have to put a big buried tank (concrete, 5 to 10 m3, maybe a septic tank because the price is advantageous) and a small tank in the attic (500 liters) which feeds the washing machine and the toilets by gravity.
I fill the small attic tank with a small pump, at the outlet of which I plan to have filtration. The small tank should always be clean.
The advantage of the concrete tank is that it naturally regulates the pH of the water.
0 x