Put a water recovery tank (garden and wc)

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Dufrane
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Put a water recovery tank (garden and wc)

by Dufrane » 26/03/07, 18:35

Hello,

New on this forum who looks very nice. We have a construction project in Touraine and the builder told us:

no problem for a tank for the garden but for the toilets the joints will be eaten by the acidity of the water. On the other hand it is very expensive (the price matters less to us (ecological choice), than the plumbing joints)).

Does anyone have any info on this or the experience of many years without worries about seals?

Sincerely to all

Dufrane
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 26/03/07, 19:07

Hello

don't take care of the bad omen birds and do your pit.

but best make dry puppies and keep your fleet for the rest. : Lol:

not only do you pollute less; but you will save very quickly

Do not panic for your firecrackers (shit joints) they are eaten as much by bleach as by rainwater.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: put a water recovery tank (garden and wc)

by Targol » 26/03/07, 23:28

dufrane wrote:Hello,

New on this forum who looks very nice. We have a construction project in Touraine and the builder told us:

no problem for a tank for the garden but for the toilets the joints will be eaten by the acidity of the water. On the other hand it is very expensive (the price matters less to us (ecological choice), than the plumbing joints)).

Does anyone have any info on this or the experience of many years without worries about seals?

Sincerely to all

Dufrane

Hi Dufrane and welcome to forums econology.

To complete Zac's answer:
Yes, indeed, rainwater is generally a little or much more acidic than tap water (depending on air pollution).
On the other hand, this acidity is canceled if the recovery pit is made of concrete. If it is a plastic tank, putting a large limestone pebble in it will counteract the acidity (check from time to time in the tank to change the limestone if it has been eaten).
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding