French law on the recovery of rainwater

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
The Passing

French law on the recovery of rainwater

by The Passing » 09/04/06, 16:42

"We pee and poop in drinking water ..."

It is a remark made by someone during the emission "CO2 mon amour" on France-Inter yesterday ... that does not leave indifferent : Shock:
0 x
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: We poop and pee in potable water ...

by bojourvous5094 » 09/04/06, 18:16

Benoit- wrote:It is a remark made by someone during the emission "CO2 mon amour" on France-Inter yesterday ... that does not leave indifferent : Shock:

_________
I know someone who works in a municipal water treatment plant in Quebec, he made the same remark to me ... But he also added that used water is easily treated when it contains only "pee" , urine is a sterile product by its nature ...

We use a lot of treated water to simply evacuate urine ... It's a fact .... The water we actually consume is around 5% for drinking and showering ... rest is only used for sanitation if I can say ....
0 x
We reap what we sow ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/04/06, 18:20

Ben voui the recovery of rainwater (or rather its reinjection into the network by individuals) is prohibited in France ... in Germany and Belgium it has been 20 years that there are 2 circuits ...

In France we have no oil but we have "lobbieslois" ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 09/04/06, 19:18

Econology wrote:Ben voui the recovery of rainwater (or rather its reinjection into the network by individuals) is prohibited in France ... in Germany and Belgium it has been 20 years that there are 2 circuits ...

In France we have no oil but we have "lobbieslois" ...

I suppose it is not forbidden to make a circuit independent of the network to supply the toilets.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/04/06, 19:30

Cuicui wrote:I suppose it is not forbidden to make a circuit independent of the network to supply the toilets.

To my knowledge IF precisely! But the laws may have evolved since I read this ... We should find out about the current law ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 09/04/06, 21:43

From what I have read in several places (here ou here ou leaves), this can be done provided that the distribution water circuit is never connected to the recycled or rainwater circuit. The 2 must be perfectly separated and the taps connected to the rainwater / recycled circuit must be marked with non-potable water.

This is how if you feed your toilet, washing machine, watering the garden with a tank, you should not have a tap that switches from a supply, but have a system to fill the tank with tap water if its level is too low.

This therefore involves 2 water circuits, perfectly identified and independent, whose water distribution circuit can go to the aid of the other in the event of a low level.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/04/06, 21:45

former oceanic wrote:From what I have read in several places (here ou here ou leaves), this can be done provided that the distribution water circuit is never connected to the recycled or rainwater circuit. The 2 must be perfectly separated and the taps connected to the rainwater / recycled circuit must be marked with non-potable water.

Thank you for the details but so ... with this law when it rains the more you can poop / pee? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Or as you say ... fill the recovery tank with drinking water ... Well done France ...
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 09/04/06, 21:58

Hello

You haven't finished putting the flies on : Lol: like me put a non-return valve, a single circuit and you do more LAWS
laid by clowns who pluck us. : Evil:

@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
geogy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by geogy » 09/04/06, 22:05

Piss off! You answer faster than I type ... : Mrgreen:
For rejections:
We pay on the water bill of the city, a sanitation tax + various other taxes, on the flows consumed, read at the water meter.
Sanitation is cleaning, purifying everything that is discharged into the sewer (including toilets, detergents, etc.), in order to discharge a little clearer soup a little later in the River; back in nature, avoiding too much ecological impact.
Ten kilometers further downstream, another catchment pumps water from the river, gives it a little chlorine, and redistributes it ... The cycle of life!
If the water company, comes to inspect your home, and finds that it is another water than the one they provide (at 3 € per m3), which you discharge into the sewer, via the WC or the Laundry room, they are not very happy, because they are going to depollute a water which they did not sell (handsomely), but that they are going to have to depollute a little to reject it in nature.
No matter how you retort that the water from the water tower also serves to water your garden, so do not pollute and return to nature directly. They will only see the first offense.
When a company uses city water to water its green spaces, they usually have a separate meter installed, dedicated to watering, so that the sanitation tax is deducted from the bill.
For the supply of other water (rain, water intake, dew : Cheesy: ), there is an obligation that this network does not mix with that supplied by the city, to avoid an uncontrolled return of water to the city network (bacteriology, chemistry in the standard). A Y is tolerated, provided you put a non-return valve on the city water side.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 09/04/06, 22:09

For pee / poo, we also have to change our way of life. There is the TLB (Biological Litter Toilet) otherwise called dry toilet.

We must succeed in convincing our companions (strongly attached to our lifestyles or we flush the toilet and we forget) ...

It is a bucket in a box in which we make and cover with sawdust. The wood cellulose blocks the enzymatic reactions causing odors in the urine and sawdust covers everything. Some people use scented sawdust (cedar for example) and it smells good naturally.

Regularly, every week or every 15 days, we empty the bucket in the composting and hop after we enriched the soil.

There no use of water, except to wash the bucket after emptying ...
0 x