Gray Water System for WC

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
JiBe91
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Gray Water System for WC

by JiBe91 » 10/06/17, 20:05

Hello everyone,

That's it, I cross the cape, the painful has just fallen and convinced me, the water bill. It is time to rationalize its water consumption and apply some projects that were sleeping in the bottom of my head.

Why have drinking water in these toilets when just next to my toilets I throw extremely dirty water, water with shower gel, toothpaste and even sometimes shampoo ...? Wouldn't it be interesting to use this "gray water" for my toilets?

Here is the idea, in my basement I branch a deviation of water evacuations from the shower and the washbasin to a tank of 200L. I reread this tank towards the wastewater evacuations (too full) and a suppressor then this suppressor to my flush and paff It makes of chocapic I save water and electricity because I have a lifting pump for the evacuation of my waste water.
On the other hand I consume electricity for my suppressor and there is the cost of installation ...

What do you think?

Side suppressor I hesitate between taking a small one that will turn often or a big one that I would turn only the night (HC). The small one would be equipped with a powerful pump 600w to 800W. The big one would be equipped with another type of pump (centrifugal pump if possible) less powerful, 350w and would therefore turn in HC.

Some valves, some pipes, some tinkers and I estimate the project at 200 € for a saving of 26m3 of water per year.

Advice, advice, experiments?

cordially
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Installing gray water for WC

by izentrop » 10/06/17, 23:47

Hello,
Send gray water to the water in the toilets without decanting and filtering, risk of clogging or other problem.
Why not dry toilets : Wink: It's more eco-friendly
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/06/17, 11:00

Without treatment corect gray water will clog too often the system of filling of the flush

No need to put an automatic booster pump, which will also suffer from dirty water: I prefer a pump which only lights up when the flush is to be filled, and an electric float contact which stops the pump when the Flush is full

If the tank and just below the toilet a drain pump of washing machine is enough

No need to put a booster to stuff 2 bar in the small passage section of a classic flushing faucet ... a lower pressure is enough to pass in a simple pipe

No need to tire to calculate the energy consumed by the pump: it is anyway much cheaper than the price of water
0 x
JiBe91
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by JiBe91 » 13/06/17, 07:45

izentrop wrote:Hello,
Send gray water to the water in the toilets without decanting and filtering, risk of clogging or other problem.
Why not dry toilets : Wink: It's more eco-friendly

Side filtration of the water I envisage the installation of a swirl filter or swirl filter and then dimension decantation there will be the tank of 200L. The water will not be clear it is on but it will not be directly re-injected into the circuit.

I do not wish to lose in comfort just save and why not ecology.

chatelot16 wrote:Without treatment corect gray water will clog too often the system of filling of the flush

No need to put an automatic booster pump, which will also suffer from dirty water: I prefer a pump which only lights up when the flush is to be filled, and an electric float contact which stops the pump when the Flush is full

If the tank and just below the toilet a drain pump of washing machine is enough

No need to put a booster to stuff 2 bar in the small passage section of a classic flushing faucet ... a lower pressure is enough to pass in a simple pipe

No need to tire to calculate the energy consumed by the pump: it is anyway much cheaper than the price of water

The idea of ​​simply putting a pump to its advantage, simplicity of the circuit, reduced costs and reduced number of elements can break down.
On the other hand I see two disadvantages, the first is the fact that the pump will have to start regularly, this will damage it prematurely. The second is that it will work both in HC and HP whereas with a suppressor I have the possibilities to make it work only in HC

The idea interests me despite everything because it allows to do a "test" at a lower cost. On the other hand, I am unable to create a system for starting and stopping the pump according to the water level. Are there ready-made systems?

cordially
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 13/06/17, 12:38

So as to take a washing pump of washing machine, it is necessary also to take in a washing machine the trick which detects the level to stop the filling: it is a species of sensor of pressure with the membrane, which contains a switch Powerful enough to directly control the pump

This sensor is not placed under the tank, which would cause the dirt to enter the sensor: the sensor is placed above the water level, with the pipes connected at the bottom of the tank: when the level rises, Air to the sensor

It is enough to dismantle a washing machine to understand, it are all made similar: these sensor one often 2 contact who walk at different levels

The energy consumption will be so low that it seems useless to look for the off-peak hours
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 14/06/17, 01:21

Hello,
The washing machine pressure switch is not necessarily suitable.
You can use this type of pressure switch that equips submersible pumps.
Place it at the desired water level and its contact will switch off the pump power when the level is reached Image
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/06/17, 09:41

The problem with this type of floater is that it needs enough room to rock freely: in a flush it is likely to get stuck

The pressure switch of the washing machine works well, and supports the dirty water ... the only drawback would be the risk of loss of air if the flush was always full for several months: this will never be the case In normal use

The switching principle in a float at the end of a wire would be good but one would have to make a smaller one than those of the vacuum pump
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 14/06/17, 11:45

chatelot16 wrote:The washing machine pressure switch works well, and supports dirty water well ...
... in a certain way.

The weak point is at the pipe in which the water enters to raise the air pressure.
I helped several washers, which were clogged with laundry and tailings.

It would take a big diameter pipe to the maximum level that can reach the water, but for questions of cost and space, I suppose, the builders put a very small diameter very easy to clog :(
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 14/06/17, 18:47

Indeed it works also if you put a bigger pipe, the only risk would be that the pipe is dislocated or split.

And it's easier to find in recovery than a rocker float.

It's a good idea I could use, with rainwater. You could put a light or sound during the action of the pump, to notice a possible fault in time, anyway a flush is not likely to cause a flood, if it leaks it goes to the sewer by The overflow.

Ps: my washing machine has 31 years, I have already had various repairs to make but never had any worries with the pressure switch.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/06/17, 00:25

Gaston wrote:The weak point is at the pipe in which the water enters to raise the air pressure.
I helped several washers, which were clogged with laundry and tailings.
Another weak point: the loss of pressure quite fast in the same way as for an air compressor. The drain cycles do not exceed a few minutes for an MAL, and therefore it is not a problem. On the other hand, a flush could not be used several days, the hunting would quickly overflow with this type of pressure switch.

I wonder if the submersible pump pressure switch would be suitable: contact switched off without pressure, the pump does not turn, safety to prevent the engine from running idle. Reverse operation of the desired one.

The best solution would be to put a switch operated by the float of the flush. It remains to find the adjustable fixing means.

The MAL drain pump is well suited for drainage of wastewater, actually low power, which means: no more than 90 cm height of water and do not reduce the diameter of the pipes. Provide access to all elements for the risk of fouling.
0 x